+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment availability

Takita

May 12, 2021
Sent an email this morning and just got a response back from Ottawa. They cancelled my appointment and reset my status to 'Send Documents'.
great, mind sharing what did you say in the email as the email I sent to Toronto said I need to cancel appt first and then they change the responses?

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
great, mind sharing what did you say in the email as the email I sent to Toronto said I need to cancel appt first and then they change the responses?
sent an email asking to enable ‘Register to send documents’ option for me as I did not have then option when I paid the fee on July 16th 2021.
Just followed @swan0206's suggestion https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/h1b-visa-appointment-availability.621766/post-9691849

I haven't changed any answers on my profile or cancelled the appointment. As a response first received 'APPT cancellation' email and when I logged in to my account status was ' Send documents'. Later received another email with courier instructions.

Reactions: Takita

Takita

May 12, 2021
sent an email asking to enable ‘Register to send documents’ option for me as I did not have then option when I paid the fee on July 16th 2021.
Just followed @swan0206's suggestion https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/h1b-visa-appointment-availability.621766/post-9691849

I haven't changed any answers on my profile or cancelled the appointment. As a response first received 'APPT cancellation' email and when I logged in to my account status was ' Send documents'. Later received another email with courier instructions.
do you know the timeline to receive passport back?

In my case I have travel on Oct end and have appt on Oct 1st. Timeline for interview vs dropbox would really make me decide cancelling appt and go for interview waiver/send the docs option..

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
do you know the timeline to receive passport back?

In my case I have travel on Oct end and have appt on Oct 1st. Timeline for interview vs dropbox would really make me decide cancelling appt and go for interview waiver/send the docs option..
I’m not very sure but response email from Ottawa mentioned this: ‘Please note mail in applications are taking 4-6 weeks to process.’

Reactions: Takita

Takita

May 12, 2021
I’m not very sure but response email from Ottawa mentioned this: ‘Please note mail in applications are taking 4-6 weeks to process.’
Any idea if the timeline remain same for interview applicants as well?

Last edited:

jups

Jun 3, 2021
they are not changing/resetting answers without cancelling appt first and can't guarantee dropbox option will show up after cancelling appt and changing answers.
I dont think there is any specific timing. I found an appointment on Labor day holiday, so there is no human intervention involved, its more on cancelations. Since I selected September 13th from December 13th, my December 13 appointment started showing up after 2-3 hours on the same day.

One thing to note though: I see the site rendering the site is using caching logic. So refreshing the same page again and again you might be served with cached data from your own browser disc cache. (You can notice it on Dev tools). One way to avoid this might be to use different browser to check or use incognito window and verify that you are not being served base on disc cache.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
is there a particular time to check for appointment opening slots? As of right now in Toronto the earliest one is October 2022, should I check for earlier spots in the middle of the night? any tips?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

Thats nice :) Good that it worked for you. Please keep us updated here with your status .

Reactions: Kiara02

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Sent an email this morning and just got a response back from Ottawa. They cancelled my appointment and reset my status to 'Send Documents'.
What email address did you use? Is that on their website? I have mines scheduled at Calgary and need to update the answers.

jups

Jun 3, 2021
How long is it taking these days to receive stamped passport back? both dropbox vs in-person?
I'm also looking for this information.My in person visa is approved and DS-160 status shows as issued. I opend for expediting delivery, but I don't see any where the courier number or any other details.

Takita

May 12, 2021
I'm also looking for this information.My in person visa is approved and DS-160 status shows as issued. I opend for expediting delivery, but I don't see any where the courier number or any other details.
Afghan crisis seems to delay processing of applications due to more work load with still COVID-19 restrictions on processing resources at U.S. consulates.

Let us know if you hear anything..

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi, was this an expedited appointment?? or normal? can you please eloborate on your experience.

gmaple07

Jun 7, 2021
Hi @jups, can you please update us here once you receive your stamped passport back? Just want to know the expected time to receive passport after the visa interview. Also, how did you opt for expedite delivery? I see "Request Premium Delivery" option which I believe is to deliver passport at your home address or a pick up from additional locations at extra cost. But I don't see anything to request for expedite delivery. Please suggest.
There's no expedited delivery - i think @jups was referring to the Premium delivery - that's usually faster than regular pickup (at least by 2-3 days). Once its issued, you will get an email with the tracking details . its done using Purolator in GTA/Toronto area

Reactions: varungoel99