Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I am in tricky situation then.. you said they are cancelling regular appointments in few weeks before appointment..

But I got an appointment last week for 7th December in one of the consulates... This i got after rescheduling multiple times from april to march to january to december all online..
They have not informed my anything yet... Do you think they can still cancel it next week or now chances are low for cancellation as only 10 days are left??
Yes correct more than 14days ago..
So it looks like they are going to serve the regular appointments. I dont think that they will cancel within short notice before few days. Good luck at the interview.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
So it looks like they are going to serve the regular appointments. I dont think that they will cancel within short notice before few days. Good luck at the interview.
They cancelled it just now as received email about it few mins ago and now no dates are available nearby to book again.. :(

• Sad
Reactions: harirajmohan

Andyscm15

Feb 29, 2020
They cancelled it just now as received email about it few mins ago and now no dates are available nearby to book again.. :(
So sorry to hear this... did they give you any particular reason? Not sure when does they start honoring the regular appointments.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
So sorry to hear this... did they give you any particular reason? Not sure when does they start honoring the regular appointments.
It was not about regular appointment or emergency appointment because the reason they gave is that Due to interprovincal travel restrictions they are giving appointments to only quebec residents....

I dont know which inter province restrictions they talked abt as i don't agree because when i am checking then i dont see any restrictions if anyone is travelling from ontario to quebec..

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It was not about regular appointment or emergency appointment because the reason they gave is that Due to interprovincal travel restrictions they are giving appointments to only quebec residents....

I dont know which inter province restrictions they talked abt as i don't agree because when i am checking then i dont see any restrictions if anyone is travelling from ontario to quebec..
I am thinking that possibly the consulate might have issued cancellations 3-4 weeks ago itself for the December month and they might have been bit late to notice the sudden preponed regular appointment hence late reaction from them i guess.
I dont know what they do but all are open including the school and they cant seem to work, just like cic federal workers.
Or its another tactic to control the flow of visas indirectly without EO. Will see if it changes after new administration in Jan end.

Reactions: desmat

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So whats the plan. Are you going to wait here till another appointment is available?

Andyscm15

Feb 29, 2020
I am thinking that possibly the consulate might have issued cancellations 3-4 weeks ago itself for the December month and they might have been bit late to notice the sudden preponed regular appointment hence late reaction from them i guess.
I dont know what they do but all are open including the school and they cant seem to work, just like cic federal workers.
Or its another tactic to control the flow of visas indirectly without EO. Will see if it changes after new administration in Jan end.
Today, I realized my appointment which is in the last week of Jan at Toronto has been cancelled. I didn't get any cancellation email I just checked today evening and the account has no active appointment. I have called the Customer care and I was informed that they have cancelled all the appointments in Jan. Now the next available appointment is on Sept 30... :(

• Sad
Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Today, I realized my appointment which is in the last week of Jan at Toronto has been cancelled. I didn't get any cancellation email I just checked today evening and the account has no active appointment. I have called the Customer care and I was informed that they have cancelled all the appointments in Jan. Now the next available appointment is on Sept 30... :(
Oh, thats not good.
When they cancelled my appointment, i saw the cancellation first in the site and then later (same day or next day) i received the email. You would get email tomorrow.

Andyscm15

Feb 29, 2020
Not sure why I did not get the cancellation email. I have rescheduled my interview to May in Vancouver not sure how things will be around by that time.

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Guys I have booked regular h1b stamping appointment for date of 8th January. i booked this appointment in last week of December. the location is Vancouver. I am in US currently. should I travel for the appointment? or do you guys think it will be cancelled?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
After Jan with new administration, things might change. But only hope is for you to get the dates preponed than waiting till administration change.
Check the website once in an hour, only choice to get earlier date as you cant request emergency appointment one more time.

Did you get your passport issue straightened out? First do that as you need at least 6 months validity before the interview.
Hi Hari,

Now as i have moved to Canada very recently, in the DS160 Address section, can i give Canadian Address or Us Address? this is little bit confusing because we are applying for a h1 visa and plan of intended travel dates also , i have given as Dec 24th. But there are no slots till May. Please suggest.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Guys I have booked regular h1b stamping appointment for date of 8th January. i booked this appointment in last week of December. the location is Vancouver. I am in US currently. should I travel for the appointment? or do you guys think it will be cancelled?
No one knows. Wait till 15days before the appointment and see if they cancel. if not then travel next day(14 days before appointment).
Hi Hari,

Now as i have moved to Canada very recently, in the DS160 Address section, can i give Canadian Address or Us Address? this is little bit confusing because we are applying for a h1 visa and plan of intended travel dates also , i have given as Dec 24th. But there are no slots till May. Please suggest.
Current address will be Canada. Work address would be of US.
Intended travel dates dont matter if its earlier date while comparing to actual appointment date.. For most, this becomes the same.

Reactions: swan0206

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
No one knows. Wait till 15days before the appointment and see if they cancel. if not then travel next day(14 days before appointment).

Current address will be Canada. Work address would be of US.
Intended travel dates dont matter if its earlier date while comparing to actual appointment date.. For most, this becomes the same.
If the workplace is not close to border (flight taking distance), then we should give US address where we would stay when we travel to our work location right?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If the workplace is not close to border (flight taking distance), then we should give US address where we would stay when we travel to our work location right?
They ask for home address. So this should be the address where you spend most of your time to stay - the primary residence/home.

if you are Canadian resident then it makes sense to have the home(near to airport) on the Canadian side(even if its not the place where the family stays), not on the US side as it defeats the purpose of moving to Canada (as having primary home on US side for travel purpose will ultimately waste time in accumulating residency for Canadian citizenship).

I dont know your specific situation hence not sure if above comment matches with your situation/perspective.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
They ask for home address. So this should be the address where you spend most of your time to stay - the primary residence/home.

if you are Canadian resident then it makes sense to have the home(near to airport) on the Canadian side(even if its not the place where the family stays), not on the US side as it defeats the purpose of moving to Canada (as having primary home on US side for travel purpose will ultimately waste time in accumulating residency for Canadian citizenship).

I dont know your specific situation hence not sure if above comment matches with your situation/perspective.
In the ds160, the question is like this - 'Address where you will stay in US'. If the house is not near border, how can we give Canadian address in this section? Flying 2.5 hours or traveling 5/6 hours cannot be done daily right.. so the address wherever one stays near the work when they go to US should be given there right?