+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment availability

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Did anyoen talked to the US consulates in Canada lately...I would want to contact the consulate..i tries contacting the numbers they display on their websites, but could not connect to any representative to be able to talk to.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
No, I have not paid the fees yet. The earliest available appointment date is displayed right before the payment option, and I am stopped at that point. I am still not clear on what it means for "limited Services". is it open for only Canadian Citizen or they booking les than the full capacity appointments right now?
1. You cant know the exact appointment dates unless you actually try to schedule. There are dates opening up earlier whenever others cancel which you cant see it from that message and you are missing them.
2. Limited services probably means that they are still not serving regular appointments and only doing emergency appointment. Its my guess based on Oct.

Andyscm15

Feb 29, 2020
HI All,
Did anyone had H1 VISA interview in Toronto. If So, can you explain your experience. I am more looking of what sort of documents required.. Moreover, I heard someone saying the interview scheduled in Oct and Nov had been rescheduled... Is this true?

siddtox

Jul 6, 2020
Hi- I have a visa appointment coming up in early January 2021 and I wanted to understand the process given that travel/ quarantine restrictions are still in place. I have a validated COPR (no PR car yet), so should I be planning to travel to Canada like 15-16 days in advance of my appointment so I can self-isolate for 14 days before my actual appointment date, or am I okay to attend my via interview 1-3 days after arriving in Canada?

palak.pandya

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hi, did anyone recently try to pay the fees? I tried and it's not even giving me an option to pay fees as no appointment is available.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
HI All,
Did anyone had H1 VISA interview in Toronto. If So, can you explain your experience. I am more looking of what sort of documents required.. Moreover, I heard someone saying the interview scheduled in Oct and Nov had been rescheduled... Is this true?
Documents are same as when you went for stamping last time. Take every document you can get which proves your job in US. There is no country specific documents. As usual, every officer is different and every case is different.

Yes, for one person, his interview for Oct got cancelled as consulates are still not allowing regular appointments as of Oct. No idea if they have cancelled for Nov/Dec.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi- I have a visa appointment coming up in early January 2021 and I wanted to understand the process given that travel/ quarantine restrictions are still in place. I have a validated COPR (no PR car yet), so should I be planning to travel to Canada like 15-16 days in advance of my appointment so I can self-isolate for 14 days before my actual appointment date, or am I okay to attend my via interview 1-3 days after arriving in Canada?
Yes, as per the instructions on website(and as per the candidate attended emergency appointments attended last month was asked specifically if he was inside the country for more than 2 weeks), they are expecting you to be inside the country for 2 weeks before you attend the interview.

You may be knowing: As there is no PR card yet, travel via personal/rental car.

Reactions: siddtox

siddtox

Jul 6, 2020
Yes, as per the instructions on website(and as per the candidate attended emergency appointments attended last month was asked specifically if he was inside the country for more than 2 weeks), they are expecting you to be inside the country for 2 weeks before you attend the interview.

You may be knowing: As there is no PR card yet, travel via personal/rental car.
Do you know if embassies are delaying appointments if the current date doesn't allow me to quarantine? Any experience of anyone who wrote to the embassy to delay the appointment by 1-2 months

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1. Do you know if embassies are delaying appointments if the current date doesn't allow me to quarantine?
2. Any experience of anyone who wrote to the embassy to delay the appointment by 1-2 months
1. I dont know. They send cancellations few weeks before the appointment. So we wont know till its closer. But yours is Jan, so why are you asking on allowing you to attend interview without quarantine as you have enough time to plan for quarantine.
2. No. I suspect that they can only help/entertain on providing emergency appointment request through email, not for postponing general/regular appointment as they are not responding to any valid queries that were sent through email(including myself on a query on Executive Order) hence i am doubtful that they can do postponing it(and they will simply expect you to refer the site). But surely you can try as nothing to loose and i dont want you to discourage in doing it but send it to email address thats specific visa related (not for citizen/passport services).

Andyscm15

Feb 29, 2020
Documents are same as when you went for stamping last time. Take every document you can get which proves your job in US. There is no country specific documents. As usual, every officer is different and every case is different.

Yes, for one person, his interview for Oct got cancelled as consulates are still not allowing regular appointments as of Oct. No idea if they have cancelled for Nov/Dec.
Thank you Hariraj...this is the first time I am going for VISA stamping in Canada...So, I was checking if anyone had recent experience in Toronto.. My Interview is in Jan and little concerned after hearing about the rescheduling interviews.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
1. I dont know. They send cancellations few weeks before the appointment. So we wont know till its closer. But yours is Jan, so why are you asking on allowing you to attend interview without quarantine as you have enough time to plan for quarantine.
2. No. I suspect that they can only help/entertain on providing emergency appointment request through email, not for postponing general/regular appointment as they are not responding to any valid queries that were sent through email(including myself on a query on Executive Order) hence i am doubtful that they can do postponing it(and they will simply expect you to refer the site). But surely you can try as nothing to loose and i dont want you to discourage in doing it but send it to email address thats specific visa related (not for citizen/passport services).
I am in tricky situation then.. you said they are cancelling regular appointments in few weeks before appointment..

But I got an appointment last week for 7th December in one of the consulates... This i got after rescheduling multiple times from april to march to january to december all online..
They have not informed my anything yet... Do you think they can still cancel it next week or now chances are low for cancellation as only 10 days are left??

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am in tricky situation then.. you said they are cancelling regular appointments in few weeks before appointment..

But I got an appointment last week for 7th December in one of the consulates... This i got after rescheduling multiple times from april to march to january to december all online..
They have not informed my anything yet... Do you think they can still cancel it next week or now chances are low for cancellation as only 10 days are left??
If they were to cancel then they cancel surely ahead of more than 3-4 weeks. So i dont think they are cancelling and possibly they are willing now to serve regular appointments.

But seems you are still in US without being in Canada to allow 14 days before the appointment. I dont know if you would be allowed to enter the consulate. Good luck.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
If they were to cancel then they cancel surely ahead of more than 3-4 weeks. So i dont think they are cancelling and possibly they are willing now to serve regular appointments.

But seems you are still in US without being in Canada to allow 14 days before the appointment. I dont know if you would be allowed to enter the consulate. Good luck.
Hi Harirajmohan. Thanks for reply.
They could not have cancelled it 3-4weeks ago because i got the appointment only 1 week ago as found the slot and rescheduled my other appointment to this one...
So should i call them or email them and ask them if it is confirmed?
Or should i wait for few more days as i heard they sometimes cancel when particular month starts which has appointment like mine is december now...

I have already reached Canada but I am in different province and need to travel to Quebec. So it is not problem for travelling from US for this.. But do you know if there is any problem for consulate if i am travelling from Ontario to Quebec one day before appointement??

Thanks again.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Harirajmohan. Thanks for reply.
They could not have cancelled it 3-4weeks ago because i got the appointment only 1 week ago as found the slot and rescheduled my other appointment to this one...
So should i call them or email them and ask them if it is confirmed?
Or should i wait for few more days as i heard they sometimes cancel when particular month starts which has appointment like mine is december now...

I have already reached Canada but I am in different province and need to travel to Quebec. So it is not problem for travelling from US for this.. But do you know if there is any problem for consulate if i am travelling from Ontario to Quebec one day before appointement??

Thanks again.
When did you reach Canada? Is it before 14 days of appointment date?