+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hey I have submitted my docs to toronto consulate , no status change after received post 11th may.
How much time it took in ur case for moving the status from received to issued ?

I submitted my passport and other documents on April 17th, received at the consulate on April 18th. Status changed to Received on 27th April. Then shows approved from May 10th, 9 AM. No Idea why it takes time to release the passport after 4 days of approval. Still waiting.

annesheran

Aug 20, 2022
Please help me to understand, are you holding pr or work permit while applying drop box in canada?
If I am eligible for dropbox, can I check the availability of all Canada locations? Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver etc? Or does it only show dates for Toronto if I select Toronto initially ?

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W7ug1yZI82b3KamK8mPrHuVqIm2_yOGV/view?usp=share_link

Is there no date selection for dropbox? Whoever I talked to who stamped via dropbox said you need to choose date

I have Canada PR but live in the U.S. currently & applying for dropbox in Canada for US visa stamping

annesheran

Aug 20, 2022
Hi Guys,

I have also dropped my passports for H-1B stamping in Canada on 04/11. Here are my updates as on today-

@Ottawa Consulate
04/11/2023 - Mailed via Canada post.
04/12/2023 - Delivered.
04/13/2023 - Status changed to "Application Received".
04/14/2023 - No change.
04/17/2023 - Approved :) .

All the best, Everyone.
Congrats Agrawal!

I need some help in applying for dropbox in CAN.

If I am eligible for dropbox, can I check the availability of all Canada locations? Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver etc? Or does it only show dates for Toronto if I select Toronto initially ?

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W7ug1yZI82b3KamK8mPrHuVqIm2_yOGV/view?usp=share_link

Is there no date selection for dropbox? Whoever I talked to who stamped via dropbox said you need to choose date

P.S.: I have Canada PR but live in the U.S. currently & applying for dropbox in Canada for US visa stamping

annesheran

Aug 20, 2022
Can someone help me whether Visa Waiver program is same as DROPBOX
Will I get the dropbox questionnaire after I make the payment?

Last edited:

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Anyone got their passport or status changed to "issued" after approval in May from Toronto consulate. My application was received on 27th April, approved on 10th May and still waiting for passport to be issued. Anyone with any update in May??

annesheran

Aug 20, 2022
Anyone got their passport or status changed to "issued" after approval in May from Toronto consulate. My application was received on 27th April, approved on 10th May and still waiting for passport to be issued. Anyone with any update in May??
Can you please help me with if Visa Waiver program is same as DROPBOX

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Can you please help me with if Visa Waiver program is same as DROPBOX
Visa interview waiver program is dropbox. That i know. I am not sure if the Dropbox decision is made after payment. AIS will ask you for all those questions, and schedule everything and will determine if its a dropbox. You can call their service center and ask for any questions too OR check out this site:

https://redbus2us.com/visas/usa/renewal/h1b-dropbox/

Edit: Seems like AIS login generation and after payment it will ask you to schedule appointment, there you can get eligible for in person or dropbox. My opinion, getting in person will.be much faster than dropbox.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022
Hey did you state changed to issued ? Mine is approved now.

May 2, 2022
Hey ,

Where we can see if the passport is dispatched ? I have opted for home delivery ? where it will show me tracking id. On US ais site it is still showing send documents as current status

thas

May 20, 2023
Hi,

I am in Canada on workpermit i want to do visa stamping for h1b and i had already visa stamped from india for same visa type hence please advise if i am eligible for drop box because for inperson stamping latest available date is on Nov end.

Appreciate any feedback.