+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

jv35

Sep 21, 2018
Hi! I am a new Canadian Permanent Resident and I am eligible for Dropbox for my H1B extension stamping (First H1B was done in India). Does anyone know what are the required docs to prove my Canadian PR status for Dropbox eligibility ? I was told that PR cards are taking almost 4 months to be mailed, so I’m wondering if I can submit a copy of my Confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document to prove my PR status and be eligible for Dropbox.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi! I am a new Canadian Permanent Resident and I am eligible for Dropbox for my H1B extension stamping (First H1B was done in India). Does anyone know what are the required docs to prove my Canadian PR status for Dropbox eligibility ? I was told that PR cards are taking almost 4 months to be mailed, so I’m wondering if I can submit a copy of my Confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document to prove my PR status and be eligible for Dropbox.
How did you come to conclusion that you are eligible for dropbox stamping? Its not guaranteed that you will get dropbox option. Try completing DS-160 and create an account on the website and pay the fee and there will be a set of questions, once upon completing them, you will then get to know if you are asked to "Send documents" or if you have to attend an interview. However, PR card is not mandatory, as you already a PR , your CoPR should suffice if at all if you are asked to send documents.

kris72

Mar 17, 2015
As far as I know there is no dropbox for H1B in Canada unless something has changed recently. Fill the DS-160 and book the available appointment. If none are available try to email consulate and they might help providing guidance. You don't need PR card to prove that you are a Permanent Resident. Show them COPR or the landing document that should be good. Have done that before and had no issues.

onkar_ob77

Nov 15, 2021
There's dropbox available for H1b stamping in Canada. If you qualify as Canadian resident - Applicant legally resides in Canada. Applicants with Canadian student permits, Canadian work permits, or Canadian permanent residency shall be considered as residing in Canada. Applicants with Canadian visitor permits shall not be considered residents.

wink

May 25, 2021
There's dropbox available for H1b stamping in Canada. If you qualify as Canadian resident - Applicant legally resides in Canada. Applicants with Canadian student permits, Canadian work permits, or Canadian permanent residency shall be considered as residing in Canada. Applicants with Canadian visitor permits shall not be considered residents.
Did you experience this personally?

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Did you experience this personally?
I agree with it, Just got my h1B stamping. I am a Canadian Resident and do crossborder commute to detroit few times in a month

palak.pandya

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
There is dropbox available in Canada. I just used it this year. However, you need to have your previous stampings from the same consulate to be eligible for Dropbox. If this is your first time stamping in Canada, you will most likely not be eligible for dropbox.

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
There is dropbox available in Canada. I just used it this year. However, you need to have your previous stampings from the same consulate to be eligible for Dropbox. If this is your first time stamping in Canada, you will most likely not be eligible for dropbox.
I would still give it a shot if previous stamping was outside Canada. My previous stamping was in Delhi and still qualified for Dropbox

onkar_ob77

Nov 15, 2021
I agree with it, Just got my h1B stamping. I am a Canadian Resident and do crossborder commute to detroit few times in a month
how long did it took for you to get your passport back?
Did it go into administrative processing?
My application was received on Nov 5 and it went into administrative processing on nov 15.

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
how long did it took for you to get your passport back?
Did it go into administrative processing?
My application was received on Nov 5 and it went into administrative processing on nov 15.
It didnt go in Admin Processing. Passport was returned stamped within 7-8 days.

Reactions: coolusa

sriakshar

Nov 22, 2021
I would still give it a shot if previous stamping was outside Canada. My previous stamping was in Delhi and still qualified for Dropbox
Was it a new H1B CAP2022 or extension? I too get this drop box option.
Maxed out on my previous H1B stay. Now having an approved H1B petition based on FY2022 CAP.

Not sure if i replied correctly to the questionnaire during VISA fee payment, answered 'YES' to all below questions.

• The previous visa that 'XYZ' is renewing was issued after 03 June, 1994.
  • 'XYZ' is in possession of the previous visa that is being renewed. 'I do have a stamped VISA based on my earlier H1B'
  • 'XYZ' is applying for the same visa type as the previous visa.
Appreciate any help in this regard.

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
It didnt go in Admin Processing. Passport was returned stamped within 7-8 days.
Could you please tell how you managed to get your passport faster (I believe you had dropbox). I am going to submit docs for dropbox in Canada PO. There are something unclear to me.please help.
1. Dropbox center is a Canada PO. They will collect and send to consulate. Once visa approved they consulate will mail to the same PO, and I need to collect from there. Am I right?
Which is correct below. 2 or 3?
2. What is the premium courier service? If I use premium service, the courier service will collect the docs from Canada PO and deliver to Consulate. Once Consulate approve visa, courier will collect passport and will deliver to Canada po from where I need to collect
OR
3. There is no premium courier service from PO to consulate. Once visa approved, they will collect the document. In that case , where I need to go to collect the passport? Courier pickup location OR they will deliver to the PO or they will deliver to my hotel address?

Bhargavg2002

Star Member
Aug 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have recently sent my wife's H4 application by courier for dropbox to Ottawa Consulate. It has been 8days yet no update online status. Please, share your experience related to this.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have recently sent my wife's H4 application by courier for dropbox to Ottawa Consulate. It has been 8days yet no update online status. Please, share your experience related to this.
Dropboxes are taking anywhere between 4-6 weeks. Now being the holiday season, it may take a week more.

Reactions: Bhargavg2002

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
Need help in getting appointment of H1B in Canada

Here is our situation:
I am currently on H4 visa and my spouse is on H1B. Our last stamping was done in India and Currently we have Canadian COPR which is yet to be activated. Would we be eligible for Dropbox or would have to take in person visa appointment? If eligible for dropbox ,then can we mail in documents from USA to Canada or have to go to Canada and then submit the documents? Having said this USA embassy mail back passports to USA or some authorize person has to pick from USA consulate to Canada?