+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

Nithya1234

Apr 17, 2023
Hi All
I have submitted my doc on 16th Mar 2023.
Application received status on 6th Apr 2023. (
Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.)

Waiting for next status.

Do anyone recently applied for US B2 renewal? If yes, please help to share your experience on the status change.

Thanks

rajreddy

Dec 29, 2018
Sharing my horrendous experience thus far and the timeline here and will continue to keep this updated.

Appreciate any updates/notes from folks on similar experience and what did they do (if anything) to move app process forward.

History: Canadian PR holder living in USA. I have had my stamping done in Canada 2 times prior to this a) Vancouver - In Person (2019) and b) Toronto - Dropbox (2021).

Current Dropbox:
Mar 20 - Reached Canada
Mar 21 - Post Docs at 10 AM in Post Office closest to consulate.
Mar 22 - 10 AM received by Consulate.
April 6 - Application moved to "Application Received" in first half of day after no status for 2+ weeks.
Waiting on next steps.

2021 Dropbox:
Oct 10: Reached Canada
Oct 11 - Post Docs at 10 AM in Post Office closest to consulate
Oct 15 - Issued
Oct 18 - Passport collected from Post Office in evening.
Oct 19 - Left Canada.
Updates on this
April 17 - Approved.
April 18 - Issued.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

Nithya1234

Apr 17, 2023
Hi All
I have submitted my doc on 16th Mar 2023.
Application received status on 6th Apr 2023. (
Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.)

Waiting for next status.

Do anyone recently applied for US B2 renewal? If yes, please help to share your experience on the status change.

Thanks
18th April - Approved.

rishuaj

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
I have the same issue. I am on closed work permit as well and while filling out information the term "country of permanent residence" is so ambiguous as:

1) on the first page it says country of permanent residence can be the country we are legally allowed to work
2) also the below link says country of residance is where you live majority of last 12 months and pay taxes so cannot be India in my back of my mind.
https://www.stilt.com/blog/2020/12/country-of-residence/
3) when you go to next page the visa appointment waiver form comes which has two options and also option none of the above applies:
4) in my case i met all 4 conditions of the national of countries (assuming live in Canada) and the 4 things were:

a) applicant is citizen of permanent resident (the definition i amassuming is i live on work permit and pay tax and most of my last 12 months are here) but i dont have PR/ COPR.

b and c) i was issued a visa previously (L1b/ B1) and was ten printed as both visa were issued in 2010 and ten prints were issued in 2008 based on below link

https://allfamousbirthday.com/faqs/how-do-you-know-if-you-were-ten-printed/

d) i wrote NO to all medical/ security blah blah in my DS160.

post this it allowed me to use send document and collect document so not sure if I presumed something that i was not supposed to ?
did it work out for you?

yvichare

Feb 26, 2023

PradipShinde

Apr 21, 2023
Can you please help to know what are the answers you mentioned in your case for below questions .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nbRL9dnx5USWNgPNIQKiIWJkAiQIe67h/view

i am on Closed Work permit and want to know what should i answer for question 1 . here are some of my details.

i am india citizen with approved H1B , previous visa was stamped in india ...expired on 2020 year .
I am in same boat, did you get the anwser? Are Closed WP holder eligible for drop box? We can connect directly.

May 2, 2022
Anyone from toronto got issued status from approved after apr 17?
Hello Fardil , can you pls let me know if the documents have to be sent to following address
360 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1S4

also can we send through any courier like dhl etc or canada post has to be used only

thanks !!

Fardil204

Nov 12, 2022
Hello Fardil , can you pls let me know if the documents have to be sent to following address
360 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1S4

also can we send through any courier like dhl etc or canada post has to be used only

thanks !!
Im not sure of the exact address, in your drop box instructions page on ais.usvisa-info.com, there should be a button at the bottom 'courier in' something like that, if you press that button, you will be asked to fill a form with your address, ad upon submitting that, you will get a 3 page instructions, first page are the steps for you, second page are the instructions for canada post where just scanning the qr code there will generate a label where the to address is specified (you dont need to worry about that address), third page should be included in the envelope you send.

Reactions: anshulsaxena27

Fardil204

Nov 12, 2022
Try to send it through Canada post, as it way easier and accurate than sending through ups or something else. but the address you mentioned is the same as the service center address i got using the courier in receipt. From what ive heard, canada post collects all envelops based on the page 2 details and bags them and send them to embassy as bulk.
I havent seen the label which canada post has pasted on my envelop, by my page 2 contains details as visa class,csra id, ds160, which i think are being used to categorize the envelops and send in as bulk

Last edited:

rishuaj

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Two questions - I got the visa appointment for Vancover but Location selected on DS-160 is Calgary.. will that be ok?

2) Can we take toddler kid(US citizen) during Visa appointment, since there is no place to drop the kids. please advice.