+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022
Oh I see, thank you, thats super helpful.

This is what I see there currenly, I assume this is normal?

Application Received

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit
U.S. Consulate General Vancouver.

Asking cause the "ready for interview" seemed a bit odd given dropbox etc
Hi!! I also received the following status "Application Received: Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days." =>Please let me know if you had to go to an interview?? (For info, I applied for an H1B stamp and send my documents by mail since I am eligible for the interview waiver).

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Hi!! I also received the following status "Application Received: Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days." =>Please let me know if you had to go to an interview?? (For info, I applied for an H1B stamp and send my documents by mail since I am eligible for the interview waiver).
No, just wait till the status changes. Same situation for me.

thas

May 20, 2023
Want to share my exp on H1B stamping in Canada with closed work permit status,

28-May-2023 DS160 - Submitted
30-May-2023 Documents delivered to Ottawa Consulate
31-May-2023 Application Received
01-Jun-2023 Approved
02-Jun-2023 Issued
05-Jun-2023 Passport/Docs delivered for pickup

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Want to share my exp on H1B stamping in Canada with closed work permit status,

28-May-2023 DS160 - Submitted
30-May-2023 Documents delivered to Ottawa Consulate
31-May-2023 Application Received
01-Jun-2023 Approved
02-Jun-2023 Issued
05-Jun-2023 Passport/Docs delivered for pickup
Congrats! That was quick

thas

May 20, 2023
Thanks, Did u get any email upon approval? Or You kept checking the status? Also, u had h4 along with ur application?
I received email only when the passport/docs were released from consulate and i was checking status on NIV portal.
Yes i had H4 for my spouse and kid, same status update for them as well.

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
I received email only when the passport/docs were released from consulate and i was checking status on NIV portal.
Yes i had H4 for my spouse and kid, same status update for them as well.
Thanks,

I just saw an update. It says refused. Seems like I will have to go for in person interview now :|

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Make sense, for first time stamping everyone should go inperson not eligible for dropbox.
I had b1/b2 stamped in Canada before. The system automatically selected me for dropbox. I read that PR+Prev stamping (any visa) qualifies for Dropbox but Yes, there have been cases where they refused and call in person.

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022
sorry, are you applying for first time H1B stamping?
This is also gonna be my first time getting an H1B stamping. But I got my F1 visa stamp before. Any thoughts? Do you think I will also get a "refused" status?

thas

May 20, 2023
This is also gonna be my first time getting an H1B stamping. But I got my F1 visa stamp before. Any thoughts? Do you think I will also get a "refused" status?
Usually for H1B first stamping they would expect inperson interview.