+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
How do you think you can switch between in-person and dropbox appointments? You would have already answered the questionnaire and passed that step right
You can go back and change the answers .. somewhere in the settings. To be clear I was explicitly told that by the helpline as long as I have a PR I should choose to go with dropbox option. Its likely what I'll end up doing unless somehow an appointment opens up in early part of the year.

Reactions: swan0206

Krish768

Jun 20, 2022
Hi guys.

my wife is a PR and we are trying to apply for h4, she qualifies for interview waiver . Does anyone know the current processing times from the time the docs are submitted? US embassy says it is 10 days but the visa website says to allow 4-6 weeks for processing . We have travel planner outside country so don’t want to submit passport and wait for a month!

H1bissue

Nov 15, 2022
Hi guys.

my wife is a PR and we are trying to apply for h4, she qualifies for interview waiver . Does anyone know the current processing times from the time the docs are submitted? US embassy says it is 10 days but the visa website says to allow 4-6 weeks for processing . We have travel planner outside country so don’t want to submit passport and wait for a month!
I think it could easily be 4 weeks . I sent mine of the 4th and still waiting

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks for the response. did you send to Toronto and is this her first h4 stamping (assuming she is a PR) ?
Doesn't matter if its first or 4th but it totally depends on the officer/current load and as the holiday season coming up i suspect receiving it anytime sooner, it might or might not take 4 weeks. Some got it in a week! Its different for each individual.

Reactions: kpadm3

hmz0943

Jan 7, 2019
Doesn't matter if its first or 4th but it totally depends on the officer/current load and as the holiday season coming up i suspect receiving it anytime sooner, it might or might not take 4 weeks. Some got it in a week! Its different for each individual.
Did you got back your passport? When did your status change it to received ?

H1bissue

Nov 15, 2022
Just got another update as “Administrative processing “ I just wonder what’s happening. Here’s my timeline -
Nov 9 - Application received
Nov 15 - Refused
Nov 18 - Administrative processing
Nov 21 - Administrative processing
Continuing-
Nov 21 - Approved
Nov 28 - Issued
Nov 29 - tracking generated
Nov 30 - delivered

Good luck everyone.

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Consulate: Toronto
Visa: H-1B renewal

Nov 14, 2022 - Dropped off my passport at Canada post, Mississauga (9:30am approx.)
Nov 15, 2022 - Passport delivered to US consulate, Toronto (11:30am approx.)
Nov 17, 2022 - DS-160 status changed from 'No status' to 'Application received' (3:30pm approx.)
Nov 22, 2022 - DS-160 status changed from 'Application received' to 'Approved' (9:00am approx.)
Nov 24, 2022 - Consulate closed for US Thanksgiving holiday
Nov 30, 2022 - DS-160 status changed from 'Approved' to 'Issued' (12:30pm approx.)
Dec 01, 2022 - Passport shipped, courier tracking number added to account & got an email (11:30pm approx.)
Dec 06, 2022 - Passport ready for pickup at local post office (08:30am approx.)

Few things to note:

The average time of the entire process is around 2 weeks from what I have seen in the threads. In fact, some people who I spoke to directly got their passport back within a week. In my case it took more than 3 weeks because of the thanksgiving holiday at the consulate and delays at Canada post because of the holiday season. I paid for premium delivery - 19$ to pick it up at a local post office. This is usually a overnight delivery but it took me 5 days(including the weekend) and Canada post tracking is not that great with frequent updates which can give you anxiety. I also realized that there is another option to pickup your passport at the BLS Brampton location which is also open on Saturday. If you need an alternative to Canada post you can select BLS location or choose the option to ship to your home which will be shipped by Purolator.

Also, If you are in a hurry, I wouldn't recommend sending your passport during the holiday season or any other holidays. Check out the US consulate in Canada holiday calendar here: https://ca.usembassy.gov/holiday-calendar/

Good luck!

moinqazi

Dec 6, 2022
Hi,

Is this Canada H1B stamping forum only for people with Canada PR? I live in the US on H1B and wife is on H4 and we were thinking of traveling to Canada to get our respective visa stamping done. Is dropbox an option? Even though I'd rather do interview to save time and get back to the US sooner. I'll appreciate any info or insight.

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi,

Is this Canada H1B stamping forum only for people with Canada PR? I live in the US on H1B and wife is on H4 and we were thinking of traveling to Canada to get our respective visa stamping done. Is dropbox an option? Even though I'd rather do interview to save time and get back to the US sooner. I'll appreciate any info or insight.
Create an account by visiting the link below. Answer the questions and it will tell you if you are eligible for an interview or interview waiver. Also confirm with your attorney.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

rishabh4000

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Consulate: Toronto
Visa: H-1B renewal

Nov 14, 2022 - Dropped off my passport at Canada post, Mississauga (9:30am approx.)
Nov 15, 2022 - Passport delivered to US consulate, Toronto (11:30am approx.)
Nov 17, 2022 - DS-160 status changed from 'No status' to 'Application received' (3:30pm approx.)
Nov 22, 2022 - DS-160 status changed from 'Application received' to 'Approved' (9:00am approx.)
Nov 24, 2022 - Consulate closed for US Thanksgiving holiday
Nov 30, 2022 - DS-160 status changed from 'Approved' to 'Issued' (12:30pm approx.)
Dec 01, 2022 - Passport shipped, courier tracking number added to account & got an email (11:30pm approx.)
Dec 06, 2022 - Passport ready for pickup at local post office (08:30am approx.)

Few things to note:

The average time of the entire process is around 2 weeks from what I have seen in the threads. In fact, some people who I spoke to directly got their passport back within a week. In my case it took more than 3 weeks because of the thanksgiving holiday at the consulate and delays at Canada post because of the holiday season. I paid for premium delivery - 19$ to pick it up at a local post office. This is usually a overnight delivery but it took me 5 days(including the weekend) and Canada post tracking is not that great with frequent updates which can give you anxiety. I also realized that there is another option to pickup your passport at the BLS Brampton location which is also open on Saturday. If you need an alternative to Canada post you can select BLS location or choose the option to ship to your home which will be shipped by Purolator.

Also, If you are in a hurry, I wouldn't recommend sending your passport during the holiday season or any other holidays. Check out the US consulate in Canada holiday calendar here: https://ca.usembassy.gov/holiday-calendar/

Good luck!
Looks like Thanksgiving break added some backlog. No status getting updated even after 2 weeks

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
H1b transfer/extension Dropbox Toronto consular.
Canada Post delivered my docs to Toronto Consular today Dec 7th..
anyone with same dates please keep updating so we can set our expectations right with the process...Thanks.

Reactions: rishabh4000