+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

rishabh4000

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
H1b transfer/extension Dropbox Toronto consular.
Canada Post delivered my docs to Toronto Consular today Dec 7th..
anyone with same dates please keep updating so we can set our expectations right with the process...Thanks.
It is taking a couple of weeks for updates and heard few rejections for first-time H1B stamping dropbox. Extension may be quicker

Reactions: Newbie here

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
It is taking a couple of weeks for updates and heard few rejections for first-time H1B stamping dropbox. Extension may be quicker
Hmmm…. Yeah… fingers crossed. But I have a transfer along with extension…transfers are tricky I heard… but let’s see… thanks rishabh. Let’s keep this thread posted for all of us..

Reactions: rishabh4000

bm_

Dec 8, 2022
I am PR card holder (just got the PR cards after a soft landing earlier this year), residing in US. Need to get my H1B amendment+extension stamped. Planning to travel and mail in the documents from Canada maybe next week. I am hoping I would be eligible for mail-in if I select the non-Canadian citizen residing in Canada option.
But would I need any address proof when it is time to pick up the passports? Planning to maybe stay in a hotel or AirBnB in Canada till I get the passports.

aspirant12

Sep 7, 2021
Hi All,

Can you please help me out with the below answers?
1. Do we need to mail i797A original document or copy of it?
2. Can we mail it from any of canada post location as i dont see any sending location in courier in receipt but there is return address to pick from?
3. Do we need employment verification letter to be sent with the documents when they have not asked for it?

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hi All,

Can you please help me out with the below answers?
1. Do we need to mail i797A original document or copy of it?
2. Can we mail it from any of canada post location as i dont see any sending location in courier in receipt but there is return address to pick from?
3. Do we need employment verification letter to be sent with the documents when they have not asked for it?
1. copy
2. any location
3. mail it even if they didn't ask

aspirant12

Sep 7, 2021
1. copy
2. any location
3. mail it even if they didn't ask
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please tell me what all documents should i send? Do i need to send the i129 application and LCA application OR only 1797A, Employment verification letter with my company's letter to the adjudicating officer (sent during extension filing) would suffice?

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please tell me what all documents should i send? Do i need to send the i129 application and LCA application OR only 1797A, Employment verification letter with my company's letter to the adjudicating officer (sent during extension filing) would suffice?
Docs- ds-160 confirmation, courier in confirmation, 1 photo, i-797, passport(s), employer verification letter, paystubs, PR copy, i-129,LCA copy

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

aspirant12

Sep 7, 2021
Docs- ds-160 confirmation, courier in confirmation, 1 photo, i-797, passport(s), employer verification letter, paystubs, PR copy, i-129,LCA copy
Thank you @paneka penalty for the above list. One last question, my i129 is 40 pages long(with LCA) as it is a petition that attorney has sent to USCIS, still do we need to send it in the document package? Can we take double sided print of this if we need to send it?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Like in Canada? how many rejections were they? and did you got to
know the reasons? Just to clarify, Refused is not rejected, only Denied is rejected.

bm_

Dec 8, 2022
I hae a question, when applying for both H1 and H4 mail in option, do we send all the documents seperately for H1 and H4, or do we put them together in one envelope when sending?

sasiddiq

Aug 23, 2021
H1b transfer/extension Dropbox Toronto consular.
Canada Post delivered my docs to Toronto Consular today Dec 7th..
anyone with same dates please keep updating so we can set our expectations right with the process...Thanks.
Hey Rishab - Did you get the passport back? I sent my docs on Dec 12 in Toronto but haven't received any update "No Status". Please share your timeline.Thanks!