+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

neelv1689

Apr 21, 2022
Once the visa is issued, how do I receive the tracking information for delivery? Is it via email or on the ais us visa website?
I received the "issued" message on CEAC website on Friday this past week, but the ais us visa website still says "send documents".
Any idea?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Once the visa is issued, how do I receive the tracking information for delivery? Is it via email or on the ais us visa website?
I received the "issued" message on CEAC website on Friday this past week, but the ais us visa website still says "send documents".
Any idea?
You’ll get both email and an update on ais portal as well. That “send documents” will remain like that even after you get your passport back. So dont worry!

neelv1689

Apr 21, 2022
You’ll get both email and an update on ais portal as well. That “send documents” will remain like that even after you get your passport back. So dont worry!
I see got it! Right now, I only see the courier-in shipping number which was in reference to when I sent my docs. So, looks like need to wait for few more days. Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Reactions: swan0206

jsharma

Jan 19, 2021
Hey, I got the instruction today to courier in the documents for h1b. I have couple question on the required documents.
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants). - Do I need to send original i797 or copy is fine?
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only). - Is it applies to H1b at all? Do I need to submit employer verification or job offer?
Can you please share list of documents you shared and got approved?
Thanks

Last edited:

neelv1689

Apr 21, 2022
Hey, I got the instruction today to courier in the documents for h1b. I have couple question on the required documents.
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants). - Do I need to send original i797 or copy is fine?
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only). - Is it applies to H1b at all? Do I need to submit employer verification or job offer?
Can you please share list of documents you shared and got approved?
Thanks
DO NOT SEND your original i797 - only copies!
I had only submitted pay stubs, not any offer letter.
My list of docs included: recent passport, one photo, i797 copy, pay stubs, courier-in authorization certificate, instructions page

neelv1689

Apr 21, 2022
I see got it! Right now, I only see the courier-in shipping number which was in reference to when I sent my docs. So, looks like need to wait for few more days. Thanks a lot for the quick reply!
UPDATE:
I received the email from Purolator with tracking number yesterday morning and right now its on the way to my address. :)

Sedoms

Jun 12, 2019
Update on my dropbox
Nov 22nd - Application Submitted and got notification that I am on waitlist
Dec 12th - Got an email with dropbox details
Dec 13th - Submitted via Canada Post
Dec 15th - Received status
Dec 18th - Case created in CEAC
Dec 19th -Status changed to "Approved"

Interesting to note following notes under Approved status
The consular officer has approved your application subject to final processing by the consular section that is necessary to issue your visa. When that processing is complete, the status will change to "Issued". However, a final screening step must still be completed prior to issuance that could lead a consular officer to conclude that you are not eligible for a visa. If that occurs, the consular officer will notify you that your application has been denied and your status will change to "Refused".

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Quick questions, for a B1/B2 visa renewal in Canada Montreal. I got the email instructions send my documents. I sent them but at my own expenses because I didn’t realize that They created a shipping label for me I realized that after I sent them on my own with Canada post. Will that be a problem? Document was sent to Ottawa location. I’m very worry about, document arrived on Sunday 17th of November. Please I need some advice

neelv1689

Apr 21, 2022
Quick questions, for a B1/B2 visa renewal in Canada Montreal. I got the email instructions send my documents. I sent them but at my own expenses because I didn’t realize that They created a shipping label for me I realized that after I sent them on my own with Canada post. Will that be a problem? Document was sent to Ottawa location. I’m very worry about, document arrived on Sunday 17th of November. Please I need some advice
It is totally fine to send the documents on your own to consulate (just cross check you had the right address for Ottawa).
Also, keep in mind, to have updated the "document delivery address" on the AIS website, and have included the correct return label with your package. They will use the return label to send your passport back to you/or the Canada post location (depending on what you selected as the document delivery location).

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
It is totally fine to send the documents on your own to consulate (just cross check you had the right address for Ottawa).
Also, keep in mind, to have updated the "document delivery address" on the AIS website, and have included the correct return label with your package. They will use the return label to send your passport back to you/or the Canada post location (depending on what you selected as the document delivery location).
But CEAC still say no “data found” that’s why I’m worry

neelv1689

Apr 21, 2022
I received my passport with us visa sticker. The H1-B visa has an annotation : "Canadian Permanent Resident". Does anyone know if this annotation has caused any problems in future H1B stampings?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I received my passport with us visa sticker. The H1-B visa has an annotation : "Canadian Permanent Resident". Does anyone know if this annotation has caused any problems in future H1B stampings?
Thats actually a privilege:cool:. Why would that has an impact? Its open that you are a PR. So no worries!

Reactions: kpadm3