+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

Sedoms

Jun 12, 2019
I am stuck at "Virtual waiting Queue : 5 weeks" and haven't received dropbox instructions after submitting DS 160 + payment. Its at Toronto Center and has been more than a week since I got the Virtual waiting message

Retro8665

Nov 13, 2023
I am stuck at "Virtual waiting Queue : 5 weeks" and haven't received dropbox instructions after submitting DS 160 + payment. Its at Toronto Center and has been more than a week since I got the Virtual waiting message
it took me 14 calendar days to receive the instruction on submitting the documents (Toronto US- Visa consulate)

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
**UPDATED** Here is my experience so far - To whomsoever it may benefit:

My scenario: H1B(me), H4(Spouse) | Canada PR (never settled, just visited for stamping) - gave my friends address as my own.

Timeline:

Sep 18: Got H1b - i797B approval copy from lawyers via email
Sep 25: H1b approval copy delivered to my address (Stupid that I am, waited until this date to request an appointment at the consulate unaware of the 'virtual waiting queue' nonsense) - so paid the fee and and requested interview waiver appointment on this day at US consulate of Ottawa.
Note 1. With current trends of timeline - apply for the interview waiver as soon as you receive the receipt number electronically if going for premium processing
Note 2. You can opt out of interview waiver even if you have a Canadian PR. Lawyers actually encouraged me to do it (But, I went with interview waiver anyway - since I predicted this will be quicker and I was correct in my case) But if you have any prior complication or 221g history, you may want to rethink my strategy for yourself.

Oct 11 - 9:23am : Request to send documents email arrived with instructions.
Oct 11 - 11:45am: Sent all documents via Canada post to consulate of Ottawa.
Note 1: I had all the necessary documents labelled and photographs taken ready to be sent waiting on the shipping label only at this time
Note 2: If you send the courier after 12pm noon - it will only arrive the day after tomorrow of your shipping date. so try to beat this time. I didn't plan on it, but just happened to learn it while I was sending the courier.

Oct 12: Documents delivered to consulate and received confirmation via Canada Post.

Oct 17: Case created
Note 1: The ais website will have 'send documents' as your status until your return shipping label is created. so check your visa status via your DS-160 (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx)
Note 2: The statuses go this way. Case created -> Case approved -> Issued

Oct 18: Case approved
Oct 19: Issued
Oct 20: Document sent my way (intimated via courier tracking number) with October 23rd delivery date.
Hi Congrats!! I am in the same situation, can you pls let me know when you traveled to Canada, since you submitted DS160 and paid fees online while in the US?

neelv1689

Apr 21, 2022
Here is my dropbox timeline in Toronto, ON (Fastest I have ever seen):

Docs submission (Canada Post): 10 Dec
Reached Consulate: 12 Dec (No status on CEAC website)
Application Received: 13 Dec
Application Approved: 14 Dec
Visa Issued: 15 Dec

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

Wow. Congratulations. I had similar timelines at Ottawa during Sept.

Rgajula

Sep 25, 2023

Congratulations!! how long you waited to get the instructions

dhmy4089

Dec 11, 2023
@swan0206

I got dropbox refused end of day today. I believe I have to wait till monday to receive the email from consulate. My questions is if it is for interview, would I be able to see it in ais.usvisa-info before email? or it only gets enabled to schedule interview after the email?

Thanks

Sedoms

Jun 12, 2019
@swan0206

I got dropbox refused end of day today. I believe I have to wait till monday to receive the email from consulate. My questions is if it is for interview, would I be able to see it in ais.usvisa-info before email? or it only gets enabled to schedule interview after the email?

Thanks
It'll be helpful if you can answer few questions as I just submitted mine today
1. Which location?
2. How long ago did you submit? Trying to understand how soon are they making the decision
3. Through dropbox, is it only approval or Refusal and nothing like 221g?

dhmy4089

Dec 11, 2023
It'll be helpful if you can answer few questions as I just submitted mine today
1. Which location?
2. How long ago did you submit? Trying to understand how soon are they making the decision
3. Through dropbox, is it only approval or Refusal and nothing like 221g?
1. vancouver
2. reached on Monday Dec 11, 2023. refused today
3. i dont know

Reactions: Sedoms