+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

Retro8665

Nov 13, 2023
Anyone for H1B renewal (Toronto dropbox) with Canada work permit, my application is stuck with "Virtual waiting Queue : 5 weeks"
its been 13 calendar days..does it actually takes 5 weeks for them to respond back ?

reean22

Aug 5, 2023
Hello,
Anyone with recent dropbox experience from Calgary? Submitted my application last week and it is still showing received status. PR holder and dropbox eligible.

kpadm3

Star Member
Feb 5, 2022
US Consulate Calgary. This is my second stamping here. Mine was a consular processing (H1b Transfer). Initially, it showed I was eligible for Dropbox but was later called for an in-person interview. I'm under administrative processing as I was taken for secondary inspection and the officer wanted to verify employment.

Did you check the Ceac status tracker? @reean22

reean22

Aug 5, 2023
US Consulate Calgary. This is my second stamping here. Mine was a consular processing (H1b Transfer). Initially, it showed I was eligible for Dropbox but was later called for an in-person interview. I'm under administrative processing as I was taken for secondary inspection and the officer wanted to verify employment.

Did you check the Ceac status tracker? @reean22
Mine is also second stamping here. First one was in person, second one I qualified for dropbox because I have PR.
I checked the Ceac website and status is showing application received since Nov 6 -and no change since then. Wondering how long is it taking for processing.

kpadm3

Star Member
Feb 5, 2022
Mine was a Nov 7th interview and still hasn't changed! Will update you as soon as I see any change!

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hello,
Anyone with recent dropbox experience from Calgary? Submitted my application last week and it is still showing received status. PR holder and dropbox eligible.
Just curious to know if you had to wait (virtual waiting) once you submitted the DS 160 application and paid the fees?

reean22

Aug 5, 2023
Just curious to know if you had to wait (virtual waiting) once you submitted the DS 160 application and paid the fees?
You mean wait to receive dropbox instructions? Not really. Got instructions after few hours later after I submitted application online.
Or do you mean wait after sending documents for visa stamping? That wait is ongoing.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
You mean wait to receive dropbox instructions? Not really. Got instructions after few hours later after I submitted application online.
Or do you mean wait after sending documents for visa stamping? That wait is ongoing.
Wait to receive dropbox instructions. Yes that's what I thought and I did the drop box last year and remember it was pretty much after a few hours I received the instructions. However, I am reading about "Virtual Wait time" This is the wait time for Toronto from the travel.state.gov portal . What does this mean? Why is there a wait time for interview waiver? Isnt dropbox pretty straightforward?
Interview Waiver Petition-Based Temporary Workers (H, L, O, P, Q)15 Calendar Days

reean22

Aug 5, 2023
Wait to receive dropbox instructions. Yes that's what I thought and I did the drop box last year and remember it was pretty much after a few hours I received the instructions. However, I am reading about "Virtual Wait time" This is the wait time for Toronto from the travel.state.gov portal . What does this mean? Why is there a wait time for interview waiver? Isnt dropbox pretty straightforward?
Interview Waiver Petition-Based Temporary Workers (H, L, O, P, Q)15 Calendar Days
So you are saying that now there is a wait time to even receive dropbox instructions?

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
So you are saying that now there is a wait time to even receive dropbox instructions?
Maybe, I have no idea, that's why I am asking people. When did you submit your application? Dont know why on the travel.gov portal they explicitly put a row for interview waiver.