+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
There won’t be any update on us-visaInfo portal until after visa is approved and shipped out, check for visa updates on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Statusonly after mailing documents. It changes from No Status > Application Received

Oh I see, thank you, thats super helpful.

This is what I see there currenly, I assume this is normal?

Application Received

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit
U.S. Consulate General Vancouver.

Asking cause the "ready for interview" seemed a bit odd given dropbox etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Snape09

vgcan2021

Nov 24, 2021
Hey Guys

I sent my documents for dropbox to Toronto consulate with following timeline:

DS-160 created : 25th Jan 2023
Documents received at consulate : 27th Jan 2023
Status changed to 'Application Received' : 09th Feb 2023
Status changed back to 'No status' : 11th Feb 2023.

This is so strange. Has anybody else encountered this? Whats curious is that it currently shows 25th Jan as the created date and not 11th feb as the last updated date. I am concerned about whats going on with my application.

shabarcs

Jan 27, 2023
Vancouver Dropbox timelines below. Submitted with newer DS160 than the one used originally as it had expired (filled out initially in May'22), put a note in the package to use new DS160 confirmation printout included.

Feb 1st : Submitted documents in person at Canada Post Downtown Vancouver
Feb 2nd : Canada Post tracking showed documents delivered in the morning
Feb 6th : DS160 status changed to "Application Received"
Feb 7th : DS160 status changed to "Approved" for both Spouse (H4) and me
Feb 8th : DS160 status changed to "Issued" for me, Spouse status went back to "Application Received"
Feb 9th : DS160 status for Spouse changed to "Approved" again. Received tracking email in the afternoon for both. Tracking was also updated in https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ portal
Feb 10th : Received passports via Purolator

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022

Application Received

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.

Vancouver dropbox H1B, first time stamping in Canada.

Mailed via Canada post Feb 6th.
Delivered Feb 9th.
Status changed to "received" on Feb 10th.
Approved on Feb 13th.
Issued on Feb 14th.
Delivered to pickup location on Feb 15th.
Picked up on Feb 16th.

Thank you for the help in answering questions by all the folks here :)
Glad didn't get called for interview!

Reactions: RotCiv08

nagrawal1984

Feb 21, 2023
Hi,

I live in US and planning to go for my H1B extension stamping-drobox in Canada. I have Canada PR, and trying to create a login in https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv site.

I am unsure what option to choose from below two, please provide your suggestions-

1. I am a Non Canadian Citizen residing in the U.S. and want to apply for a visa.
2. I am a Non Canadian Citizen residing in Canada who has completed the U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) form and want to apply for a visa.

Thanks in advance.

nagrawal1984

Feb 21, 2023
Vancouver dropbox H1B, first time stamping in Canada.

Delivered Feb 9th.
Approved on Feb 13th.
Issued on Feb 14th.
Picked up on Feb 16th.

Thank you for the help in answering questions by all the folks here :)
Glad didn't get called for interview!
Congratulations!! I read your messages in this blog and it helped a lot. Could you please help me with above quetsion?

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Hi,

I live in US and planning to go for my H1B extension stamping-drobox in Canada. I have Canada PR, and trying to create a login in https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv site.

I am unsure what option to choose from below two, please provide your suggestions-

1. I am a Non Canadian Citizen residing in the U.S. and want to apply for a visa.
2. I am a Non Canadian Citizen residing in Canada who has completed the U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) form and want to apply for a visa.

Thanks in advance.
I actually don't remember but I am pretty sure I chose the latter. The wording might have been different when I created the account etc.

There were many here who recommended not choosing this option since technically I was not residing in Canada at the time, but I called the helpline (they have a number somewhere in the login page) and asked them and was told that if you have a PR you have to choose the option that leads to dropbox. They said that if you have a PR you should NOT book an appointment first. Might be worth calling them and confirming

Reactions: nagrawal1984

nagrawal1984

Feb 21, 2023
I actually don't remember but I am pretty sure I chose the latter. The wording might have been different when I created the account etc.

There were many here who recommended not choosing this option since technically I was not residing in Canada at the time, but I called the helpline (they have a number somewhere in the login page) and asked them and was told that if you have a PR you have to choose the option that leads to dropbox. They said that if you have a PR you should NOT book an appointment first. Might be worth calling them and confirming
Thank you so much! I may have few more queries and will get back. Thanks again :)

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

nagrawal1984

Feb 21, 2023
Can someone suggest me whether Visa Waiver program is same as Dropbox? One of the eligibility criteria is "Previously travelled to US on ETSA ( Electronic System for Travel Authorization).

I am in US since 2013 but not familiar with this term.

Please help.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

Application Received

They are calling you for an interview now. Thats what it meant by "Ready for interview"

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Luckily an interview was not needed :)
I got the passport back with stamped visa last week (post #366 above)
Oh cool. Congrats. Then theres something incorrect with their updates on the site. May i know your timelines? and after having seen that "Ready for interview" when did you got update that your visa is issued on ceac?

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Oh cool. Congrats. Then theres something incorrect with their updates on the site. May i know your timelines? and after having seen that "Ready for interview" when did you got update that your visa is issued on ceac?
This was the sequence of updates :

Delivered Feb 9th.
Approved on Feb 13th.
Issued on Feb 14th.
Picked up on Feb 16th.

I think it said "ready for interview, fingerprints ..." on the 10th and then approved on 13th, issued on 14th. The status in the niv portal remained "send documents" and its still that, despite me even picking up the stamped passport :|

yvichare

Feb 26, 2023
yes workpermit holders are eligible for drop box. I am on WP and got drobox eligible and approved.
but, make sure you met other criteria checklist and I'm not sure about very less period validity remaining on your i797
Can you please help to know what are the answers you mentioned in your case for below questions .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nbRL9dnx5USWNgPNIQKiIWJkAiQIe67h/view

i am on Closed Work permit and want to know what should i answer for question 1 . here are some of my details.

i am india citizen with approved H1B , previous visa was stamped in india ...expired on 2020 year .