+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
I just updated my comment above.
Process at the US embassy in Ottawa.
I sent a copy of my PR card.

Seeing appointment in June 2023 at the earliest.

I only have access to Ottawa calendar when I check the appointments available.
Oh interesting, do they provide special link or open up more appointments for those are asked to come for in-person cause I don't see a June 2023 appointment in the portland for Ottawa.

RotCiv08

Feb 6, 2023
Oh interesting, do they provide special link or open up more appointments for those are asked to come for in-person cause I don't see a June 2023 appointment in the portland for Ottawa.
I'm not quite sure either how it's working.
I guess it should be related to the targeted visa (H1B and H4 in my case), number of applicants in your application (2 in my case).
And in my case, I can only see Ottawa in the dropdown list.

I'm checking the date via the following link and under "reschedule appointment":
https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

Sujith_SU

Nov 15, 2022
Hello ALL,

Need your help on this :
Currently i am in canada and my work status was workpermit ,
my H1B petition is approved 2021 Oct and expiring in next month march 2023. Can i go for stamping now in canada ?? is there any conditions ?Please suggest.
Note - I have B1/B2 visa for USA and Stamped in canada consulate.

Regards,
Su

itk6366

Aug 29, 2022
Hello ALL,

Need your help on this :
Currently i am in canada and my work status was workpermit ,
my H1B petition is approved 2021 Oct and expiring in next month march 2023. Can i go for stamping now in canada ?? is there any conditions ?Please suggest.
Note - I have B1/B2 visa for USA and Stamped in canada consulate.

Regards,
Su
yes workpermit holders are eligible for drop box. I am on WP and got drobox eligible and approved.
but, make sure you met other criteria checklist and I'm not sure about very less period validity remaining on your i797

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
The Visa appointments show differently for different categories is what i have observed lately. Its different for PRs, WPs and for Visitors. I personally observed this last year. I have seen bunch of open dates for August'22 during April'22 but one of my friend who isn't a resident of Canada( travelling from outside for Interview and is a Visitor) was able to see only December'22 dates. So its totally based on what you fill in the questionnaire! And now all PRs are defaulted to Dropbox first!

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Got my passport today!

Sharing my timeline for anyone applying:
Shipped on Jan 3rd
Arrived per FedEx on Jan 4th (I used FedEx without issues)
Ceac status changed to application received on Jan 12th
Ceac status changed to approved on Jan 14th
Ceac status changed to issued on Jan 18th
Got an email with tracking information on Jan 19th
Received passport via purolator (had paid for premium delivery) on Jan 20th

All the best to anyone applying.
I've sent docs to vancouver consultate on Monday, they arrived on Wednesday 8th Feb and the status still says "Send Documents" in the portal today after 2 days. Does it take long time to update on the niv portal to received by consulate?

sudhabullodu

Apr 30, 2022
I've sent docs to vancouver consultate on Monday, they arrived on Wednesday 8th Feb and the status still says "Send Documents" in the portal today after 2 days. Does it take long time to update on the niv portal to received by consulate?
Can you please help me ;

1- I paid H1B visa fee , any appointment do I need to book for Dropbox ?
2 - what are the documents required for H1B Dropbox
3- I am planning to send my documents next week to Toronto US consulate.

Please need your suggestions.

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
1. No appointments nneeded.
2. The system generates a list of documents its the usual stuff 797, proof of PR in Canada, passport, photograph etc

ThoricLawyer

Feb 11, 2023
How do I find If I am eligible for dropbox or not. I filled my DS -160 and received confirmation, it did not say anywhere about DROPBOX. This is for H1B renewal, my 1st visa stamping was done in India. Currently I am in the US, looking to visit Canada on tourist visa for stamping/dropbox but not sure how to find out about dropbox eligibility after completing DS -160.

Currently I have registered for US visa appointment on https://ais.usvisa-info.com, do they show appointments for dropbox as well/do they determine eligibility for dropbox?

bhullarg

Feb 10, 2023
How do I find If I am eligible for dropbox or not. I filled my DS -160 and received confirmation, it did not say anywhere about DROPBOX. This is for H1B renewal, my 1st visa stamping was done in India. Currently I am in the US, looking to visit Canada on tourist visa for stamping/dropbox but not sure how to find out about dropbox eligibility after completing DS -160.

Currently I have registered for US visa appointment on https://ais.usvisa-info.com, do they show appointments for dropbox as well/do they determine eligibility for dropbox?
If the progress bar in https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ has the "Schedule tab" then you will need to do the interview otherwise it should be dropbox stamping

Reactions: ThoricLawyer

bhullarg

Feb 10, 2023
Can you please help me ;

1- I paid H1B visa fee , any appointment do I need to book for Dropbox ?
2 - what are the documents required for H1B Dropbox
3- I am planning to send my documents next week to Toronto US consulate.

Please need your suggestions.
For dropbox in Canada, you don't need an appointment.

The application should generate a list of documents for you to send with the passport. This may include:
Passport
Copy of Approval Notice
Copy of PR Card
Proof of Residence in Canada

When you are dropping the documents at the Canada Post location which you choose in the application, they will want to see the originals.

shenanigans

Jul 22, 2021
Hi! I am a new Canadian Permanent Resident and I am eligible for Dropbox for my H1B extension stamping (First H1B was done in India). Does anyone know what are the required docs to prove my Canadian PR status for Dropbox eligibility ? I was told that PR cards are taking almost 4 months to be mailed, so I’m wondering if I can submit a copy of my Confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document to prove my PR status and be eligible for Dropbox.
Exactly on the same boat here. Wife needs H4 stamping, accidentally overstayed her previous valid Visa due to passport expiry issues. Have you already tried the website? I havent but it should tell you if you are eligible for the DropBox. Surely the COPR document is valid for visa drop box appointments. Question is, can the Drop Box be done or not based on last stamping in India. I thought the Covid rule was any US visa in your passport from anywhere. I will attempt to navigate to book a slot and see today.

shabarcs

Jan 27, 2023
There won’t be any update on us-visaInfo portal until after visa is approved and shipped out, check for visa updates on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Statusonly after mailing documents. It changes from No Status > Application Received

Reactions: missedTheGCBus