+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B dropbox Canada

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
I doubt it since they expect you to be in your own resident country to get your stamping where you dont need any medical attention.
They have seen lot of clients asking for candidates seeking to be inside US for various reasons. Its not new for them.

To me, it wont work but you can surely give it a try as you have nothing to loose.[/USER]
[/QUOTE]

Sir, Actually my treatment started in us only since 2015 and will continue till now.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
@harirajmohan Couple of questions. 1. While filling out the DS-160, for the address of my permanent residence if I provide Indian address and temporary residence the US address, do you think I will be eligible for drop-off? I'm thinking one of them has to be Canadian address, to be eligible for drop box. If I do this Indian/US address, the system might suggest I schedule an appointment in Canada, rather than a drop box. Your thoughts?
2. To your earlier point and the link you provided of Canadian post, the Canadian Drivers license only suggest ID and not residence proof. (so does PR card) However, the post office in which my relative inquired suggested any ID that has both the photo and address provided in DS-160 (even if it were to be US address) is OK to pick up the passport. How do the post office official know which address has been provided in DS-160? If sufficient ID is not provided they will return the passport to the consulate.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
@harirajmohan Couple of questions. 1. While filling out the DS-160, for the address of my permanent residence if I provide Indian address and temporary residence the US address, do you think I will be eligible for drop-off? I'm thinking one of them has to be Canadian address, to be eligible for drop box. If I do this Indian/US address, the system might suggest I schedule an appointment in Canada, rather than a drop box. Your thoughts?
2. To your earlier point and the link you provided of Canadian post, the Canadian Drivers license only suggest ID and not residence proof. (so does PR card) However, the post office in which my relative inquired suggested any ID that has both the photo and address provided in DS-160 (even if it were to be US address) is OK to pick up the passport. How do the post office official know which address has been provided in DS-160? If sufficient ID is not provided they will return the passport to the consulate.
We are not sure how the workflow is designed. Cant say. Surely US residents are getting stamped for long time. So i dont think its a problem. I think that others whoever tried from US can answer.

So thinking if you give home address as US address for which you can show local ID/license/other. If you know anyone in Canada then you can ask them to check with the respective post office to see what kind of ID they expect. I am not really sure since i applied only while i was in Canada.
https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/courier
  • Proof of address
  • Proof of identity

mandy3012

Apr 27, 2022
We are not sure how the workflow is designed. Cant say. Surely US residents are getting stamped for long time. So i dont think its a problem. I think that others whoever tried from US can answer.

So thinking if you give home address as US address for which you can show local ID/license/other. If you know anyone in Canada then you can ask them to check with the respective post office to see what kind of ID they expect. I am not really sure since i applied only while i was in Canada.
https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/courier
  • Proof of address
  • Proof of identity
Can u pls suggest where can we get photos for US visa for dropbox in GTA?
Also, i see this in the list of documents to be sent :
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants).
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only).
My understanding is that we send :
1) Copy of I797 approval and an Employment letter from the company.
Can you pls confirm, as i m doing dropbox for the first time.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can u pls suggest where can we get photos for US visa for dropbox in GTA?
Also, i see this in the list of documents to be sent :
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants).
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only).
My understanding is that we send :
1) Copy of I797 approval and an Employment letter from the company.
Can you pls confirm, as i m doing dropbox for the first time.
I dont know where to get photos in gta as i know the locations in windsor only. so call few photos studios and they should be able to give you US photo size.

I send below:
Original current passport(and previous passport if you have last visa stamped in that). Copy of I797, employer letter (which shows salary and the roles and responsibilities (with project you work if possible)).
I believe i sent copy of LCA and I129 as well. I forgot though if i sent it but sending this is not an issue.
If you have I140 approved then send that copy.

mandy3012

Apr 27, 2022
I dont know where to get photos in gta as i know the locations in windsor only. so call few photos studios and they should be able to give you US photo size.

I send below:
Original current passport(and previous passport if you have last visa stamped in that). Copy of I797, employer letter (which shows salary and the roles and responsibilities (with project you work if possible)).
I believe i sent copy of LCA and I129 as well. I forgot though if i sent it but sending this is not an issue.
If you have I140 approved then send that copy.
Thanks for the confirmation

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Anyone submitted passport for dropbox right after soft landing with COPR as the proof of legal status ? Any clue on the timelines in Toronto now ?

kris72

Mar 17, 2015
Anyone submitted passport for dropbox right after soft landing with COPR as the proof of legal status ? Any clue on the timelines in Toronto now ?
I am curious to know if anyone has done dropbox after recently landing as well. I was able to show just COPR for a In-Person interview after my landing several years ago but when I did dropbox recently just with COPR the consular officer emailed me asking for copy of PR Card which I sent after but technically right after landing there is no way to get the card.

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I am curious to know if anyone has done dropbox after recently landing as well. I was able to show just COPR for a In-Person interview after my landing several years ago but when I did dropbox recently just with COPR the consular officer emailed me asking for copy of PR Card which I sent after but technically right after landing there is no way to get the card.
I'll find out in the next 2 weeks

Reactions: kris72

Nil007

Mar 5, 2022
Hi - I am in Canada (PR holder), have approved I-140. Sent docs for H1B stamping to Ottawa via dropbox as instructed by the system.
I know that I have to wait for the consulate decision but I am worried that they might call me for in-person interview, because my last H1B expired in Mar’2017 (i.e. more than 5 years ago) where with approved petition I was in USA till Jan’2019.
Question is: Though in Canada, system doesn’t ask whether your last US visa expired within 48 months or not during as dropbox selection criteria but as that is the USCIS criteria for dropbox eligibility, so any idea whether due to this reason ONLY I might be asked for in-person interview?
or, anyone with last h1b expired more than 48 months got stamped via dropbox in Canada?

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi @harirajmohan / @kris72 , would really appreciate your thoughts/guidance with an urgent situation. My spouse and I need to travel to India from the US and my partner needs to get an H-4 stamping. On filling out the questionnaire, to our surprise, the application qualified for a visa waiver (dropbox) instead of a visa interview, though this would be the first H-4 stamping after the previous F-1 visa. We paid the DS-160 fee and tried booking a slot in India, but unfortunately, there are no appointments for dropbox.

1) Would you happen to know the current timeline of how long dropbox appointments + processing times are taking in Canada (if our case is not regarded as an emergency and it would just be a normal dropbox application)?
2) Since we are currently in the US, would it be better to make an appointment while we are in the US or to do it only when we are in Canada?

Thanks in advance!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi @harirajmohan / @kris72 , would really appreciate your thoughts/guidance with an urgent situation. My spouse and I need to travel to India from the US and my partner needs to get an H-4 stamping. On filling out the questionnaire, to our surprise, the application qualified for a visa waiver (dropbox) instead of a visa interview, though this would be the first H-4 stamping after the previous F-1 visa. We paid the DS-160 fee and tried booking a slot in India, but unfortunately, there are no appointments for dropbox.

1) Would you happen to know the current timeline of how long dropbox appointments + processing times are taking in Canada (if our case is not regarded as an emergency and it would just be a normal dropbox application)?
2) Since we are currently in the US, would it be better to make an appointment while we are in the US or to do it only when we are in Canada?

Thanks in advance!
I dont know the exact timelines for drop box applications this year. From other threads, it seems to be taking 5-6+ weeks in Canada.
Yes surely you should depart US only after getting appointment slot. If not you cant return back soon since no one knows how long it will take to get the stamping done without upfront appointment. But you may be eligible for dropbox in Canada too(but you will know for sure only after you start applying on website).

Reactions: j9lad