+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B dropbox Canada

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello All,

I am canadian pr. Right now i m in india and submitted ds 160 for New delhi, India but not getting any slots in India. I will make up my mind to come back to Canada and do dropbox over there. I have couple of questions:

1. Can i use same ds 160 which i submiited already for New delhi? Can i use same for canada also?
2. Is dropbox applicable for us consulates Toronto/Ottawa or Ottawa only?
3. Can i eligible for dropbox?

Please answer my queries.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello All,

I am canadian pr. Right now i m in india and submitted ds 160 for New delhi, India but not getting any slots in India. I will make up my mind to come back to Canada and do dropbox over there. I have couple of questions:

1. Can i use same ds 160 which i submiited already for New delhi? Can i use same for canada also?
2. Is dropbox applicable for us consulates Toronto/Ottawa or Ottawa only?
3. Can i eligible for dropbox?

Please answer my queries.
1. No. use a new ds160.
2. Per my experience a year ago, it usually asks us to send passport to any consulate within Canada.
3. You will know only when you go through applying online in the website and the website's workflow only can confirm to you if you are eligible for sending documents or will make you book appointment.

No one can tell about the eligibility as you can only find out after applying online.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
1. No. use a new ds160.
2. Per my experience a year ago, it usually asks us to send passport to any consulate within Canada.
3. You will know only when you go through applying online in the website and the website's workflow only can confirm to you if you are eligible for sending documents or will make you book appointment.

No one can tell about the eligibility as you can only find out after applying online.
Thanks Sir. I just entered all details and hopefully dropbox but still some confusion about the statements on the website.My situation Canadian PR + H1B
Last visa stamped in India. Already gave 10 fingerprinted.

Hopefully eligible for dropbox.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks Sir. I just entered all details and hopefully dropbox but still some confusion about the statements on the website.My situation Canadian PR + H1B
Last visa stamped in India. Already gave 10 fingerprinted.

Hopefully eligible for dropbox.
Try answering the questions asked in website. It will tell if you are eligible. The issue is that the eligibility of drop box varies based on each country(as per my understanding at minor level) hence we can only find out after filling everything and proceed further.

I am not sure what confusion you are talking about. Answer the question asked. Post the questions here on the confusing questions.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Try answering the questions asked in website. It will tell if you are eligible. The issue is that the eligibility of drop box varies based on each country(as per my understanding at minor level) hence we can only find out after filling everything and proceed further.

I am not sure what confusion you are talking about. Answer the question asked. Post the questions here on the confusing questions.
Here are the statements sir which qualify for dropbox:

Are you traveling from another country to
apply for a U.S. visa in Canada? I put No on this question.

Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of the countries that are part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
  • Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying, and
  • Applicant has previously traveled to the United States on Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) and has no prior ESTA denials, and ?? What is th
  • Applicant has NOT been refused a visa application in the past or if refused, a new visa has been issued after the refusal, and
  • Applicant answered 'NO' to all the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application for

• Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of countries that are NOT part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
    • Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying, and
    • Applicant has been previously issued a U.S. visa (any class of visa), and
    • Applicant submitted ten fingerprints when the previous U.S. visa was issued, and
    • Applicant answered 'NO' to all of the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application form

• My situation Canadian PR + H1B
    Last visa stamped in India in 2019.Already gave 10 fingerprinted.Stayed in Windsor only.

• Sir, What you think can i eligible for dropbox ?

• Very confusing

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Here are the statements sir which qualify for dropbox:

Are you traveling from another country to
apply for a U.S. visa in Canada? I put No on this question.

Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of the countries that are part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
  • Applicant has previously traveled to the United States on Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) and has no prior ESTA denials, and ?? What is th
  • Applicant has NOT been refused a visa application in the past or if refused, a new visa has been issued after the refusal, and
  • Applicant answered 'NO' to all the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application for

• Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of countries that are NOT part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
    • Applicant has been previously issued a U.S. visa (any class of visa), and
    • Applicant submitted ten fingerprints when the previous U.S. visa was issued, and
    • Applicant answered 'NO' to all of the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application form

• My situation Canadian PR + H1B
    Last visa stamped in India in 2019.Already gave 10 fingerprinted.Stayed in Windsor only.

• Sir, What you think can i eligible for dropbox ?

• Very confusing
Just apply in the website and pay fees and answer the questions in the webapge. The website is going to confirm only after you start applying online. We cant know upfront. No one can confirm if you are eligible or not.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Just apply in the website and pay fees and answer the questions in the webapge. The website is going to confirm only after you start applying online. We cant know upfront. No one can confirm if you are eligible or not.
Website mentioned eligible for dropbox. Just put all answers

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Right now i m in india. One of the broker told me he will give me in person interview in India if one of the answer change from yes to no. My question is can i go for inperson interview even eligible for dropbox in india?If visa officer ask why u come for inperson even eligible for dropbox, what answer i can mention in this case?My broker told me just siny say u r stuck in India for couple of months and now office will open in usa so select inperson as dripbox are not available? Is it safe or else i can come to canada and then dropbox?The only thing is if my stamping is done in india then i will go usa after reach canada but in case of dripbox in canada, i have to wait for 4 to 6 weeks also my client is not allowed me to work from canada. I m confused.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Right now i m in india. One of the broker told me he will give me in person interview in India if one of the answer change from yes to no. My question is can i go for inperson interview even eligible for dropbox in india?If visa officer ask why u come for inperson even eligible for dropbox, what answer i can mention in this case?My broker told me just siny say u r stuck in India for couple of months and now office will open in usa so select inperson as dripbox are not available? Is it safe or else i can come to canada and then dropbox?The only thing is if my stamping is done in india then i will go usa after reach canada but in case of dripbox in canada, i have to wait for 4 to 6 weeks also my client is not allowed me to work from canada. I m confused.
What are you trying to do?
Why are you approaching brokers?
Where are you trying to get your stamping done? In India or in Canada? Try to determine this first.
In canada, you wont have choice to choose in person as the website will make you send documents and wont allow you to schedule interview. I am not sure what you are talking about. Follow website's instructions and things are fine.
If you want to get stamping in India, then follow the India website and get it done. I am sure that you are not going for stamping for first time hence not sure why you are trying with brokers.

Explain more on what your situation is.

iwantanid3

May 11, 2022
I agree with Hariraj. First confirm if you want to get the stamping done in India or Canada.

Secondly after paying extra to the broker - is he giving you a guarantee that he'll get you a slot in the next 4-6 weeks? If the timeline differs, you might be in a better position to do dropbox in Canada over India.

Also If you do go for an in-person interview in India, the visa officer probably won't care why you came in for an interview over a dropbox (even though you are eligible for the dropbox).

iwantanid3

May 11, 2022
@harirajmohan : On a related note - had a question about my situation. I got my COPR and will be doing the soft landing in 2 months. I got my last 3 dropbox stamps in India. I am planning to do the next one in Canada when I go for my soft landing. I created an account online on the us visa appt in Canada site and see that I am eligible for document submission (dropbox). I've read that first time dropbox submissions in Canada generally get called for an in-person interview which one has to schedule. And finding an in-person interview slot in Canada is known to be cumbersome. On the other hand, I guess the sample size of people who get called in for the interview is small and not many people report successful dropbox situations on this website - so difficult to correlate.

Wanted to see if you have any info or some numbers on this?

My other option is to use ARV to re-enter US after soft landing and just wait it out and get a dropbox in India for later. Just weighing my options.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@harirajmohan : On a related note - had a question about my situation. I got my COPR and will be doing the soft landing in 2 months. I got my last 3 dropbox stamps in India. I am planning to do the next one in Canada when I go for my soft landing. I created an account online on the us visa appt in Canada site and see that I am eligible for document submission (dropbox). I've read that first time dropbox submissions in Canada generally get called for an in-person interview which one has to schedule. And finding an in-person interview slot in Canada is known to be cumbersome. On the other hand, I guess the sample size of people who get called in for the interview is small and not many people report successful dropbox situations on this website - so difficult to correlate.

Wanted to see if you have any info or some numbers on this?

My other option is to use ARV to re-enter US after soft landing and just wait it out and get a dropbox in India for later. Just weighing my options.
If they call for interview and you are not yet moving to Canada then you shouldnt try stamping in Canada via dropbox.
Then do it in India via dropbox or inperson. I assume you get slots quickly in India even if you are called for interview.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
What are you trying to do?
Why are you approaching brokers?
Where are you trying to get your stamping done? In India or in Canada? Try to determine this first.
In canada, you wont have choice to choose in person as the website will make you send documents and wont allow you to schedule interview. I am not sure what you are talking about. Follow website's instructions and things are fine.
If you want to get stamping in India, then follow the India website and get it done. I am sure that you are not going for stamping for first time hence not sure why you are trying with brokers.

Explain more on what your situation is.
The thing is in india, everyone hires brokers since they will monitor websites 24 hours which we r not. Right now in India, the slots are not available easily even for dropbox as well as in-person. Most of the quota are already full in India. My intention is as i m in india if i will get slot and my visa is stamped in india, then i will join my office in usa even in next day after reached canada. If i will do my stamping in Canada, then it will take another 4 to 6 weeks in this scanario i will join my office in usa most probably in June end or early July.One of the broker in india tild me just wait for 1 week and the go for in-person interview and get ur visa stamped in india only. But i m
Worry about if visa officer ask why u r come for in-person interview even eligible for dropbox??In this scanario what i have to mention to visa officer?

I hope you guys are understand now.