Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
The thing is in india, everyone hires brokers since they will monitor websites 24 hours which we r not. Right now in India, the slots are not available easily even for dropbox as well as in-person. Most of the quota are already full in India. My intention is as i m in india if i will get slot and my visa is stamped in india, then i will join my office in usa even in next day after reached canada. If i will do my stamping in Canada, then it will take another 4 to 6 weeks in this scanario i will join my office in usa most probably in June end or early July.One of the broker in india tild me just wait for 1 week and the go for in-person interview and get ur visa stamped in india only. But i m
Worry about if visa officer ask why u r come for in-person interview even eligible for dropbox??In this scanario what i have to mention to visa officer?

I hope you guys are understand now.
Then why cant you try drop box and then if visa office asks you to come in then approach the broker to get the time slot and go for inperson.
Why would any broker would suggest inperson unless he benefits from the money he gets to book the appointment for you.
Also you shouldnt be wrongly answering question in the website just to get the appointment instead of dropbox which will be problem for you only.

So you should try drop box and then see if they really call you inperson or not. I dont see any doubt in going with dropbox first.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Then why cant you try drop box and then if visa office asks you to come in then approach the broker to get the time slot and go for inperson.
Why would any broker would suggest inperson unless he benefits from the money he gets to book the appointment for you.
Also you shouldnt be wrongly answering question in the website just to get the appointment instead of dropbox which will be problem for you only.

So you should try drop box and then see if they really call you inperson or not. I dont see any doubt in going with dropbox first.
Sir, the problem is dropbox is not available in India until august/September.The only option is now in person if i will get it.Inperson has more chances as compare to dropbox.The only thing is change one of my answer to us travel doc website from yes to no in order to get in person interview.

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

mandy3012

Apr 27, 2022
Sir, the problem is dropbox is not available in India until august/September.The only option is now in person if i will get it.Inperson has more chances as compare to dropbox.The only thing is change one of my answer to us travel doc website from yes to no in order to get in person interview.
Hi - Can u pls advise where and how to send docs for H1b dropbox. I ma not getting clarity based on below instructions on AIS site. Thanks in advance
"You must courier your documents into the U.S. Consular Section. Please gather the requested documents and generate a "Courier-In Authorization Certificate" by clicking the "View Courier-in receipt" button below. Include a copy of these instructions in the list of documents you send to the Consular Section"

mandy3012

Apr 27, 2022

Hi - Can u pls advise where and how to send docs for H1b dropbox. I ma not getting clarity based on below instructions on AIS site. Thanks in advance
"You must courier your documents into the U.S. Consular Section. Please gather the requested documents and generate a "Courier-In Authorization Certificate" by clicking the "View Courier-in receipt" button below. Include a copy of these instructions in the list of documents you send to the Consular Section"

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Did you receive an email with subject called "US Visa Personal Courier-In Instructions "? This email will have one pdf. Print it. I believe it should show the same online too without emailing to you but forgot.

This pdf's first page has instructions for you. second page has instructions for post office. third page you keep it in your envelope along with your docs.

mandy3012

Apr 27, 2022
Did you receive an email with subject called "US Visa Personal Courier-In Instructions "? This email will have one pdf. Print it. I believe it should show the same online too without emailing to you but forgot.

This pdf's first page has instructions for you. second page has instructions for post office. third page you keep it in your envelope along with your docs.
yes, the email had this

QUestion is, what is the adress for U.S. Consular Section. DO i have to take it to CanadaPost office?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yes, the email had this

QUestion is, what is the adress for U.S. Consular Section. DO i have to take it to CanadaPost office?
For toronto:
In the first page of pdf you will see the address.
In the second page it will tell if you live in other area then send it to ottawa address.

Yes just take it to post office after printing pdf. they will do send it. Possibly take it in an envelope along with all copies of documents and original passport(s).

mandy3012

Apr 27, 2022
For toronto:
In the first page of pdf you will see the address.
In the second page it will tell if you live in other area then send it to ottawa address.

Yes just take it to post office after printing pdf. they will do send it. Possibly take it in an envelope along with all copies of documents and original passport(s).
Thanks - also, i believe there is no deadline by when i should send the documents..right? I paid fee today, but m planning to send it next month since i am travelling this month and dont want to send my passport away. Thanks in advance

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks - also, i believe there is no deadline by when i should send the documents..right? I paid fee today, but m planning to send it next month since i am travelling this month and dont want to send my passport away. Thanks in advance
Correct. No deadline.
Yes, make sure you return to Canada and have no travel before sending it. Nowadays it takes time hence account for few weeks stay without travel.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
@harirajmohan I'm assuming the consulate/embassy we are required to mail our passport(s) depends on the place of residence. i.e., GTA (mail to Toronto consulate), Kanata area (mail to Embassy) and so on? Once the application is mailed and stamping is done, would the passport need to be collected from Canada Post closest to our residence or from the embassy/consulate? Do we need to select an option of how we intend to pick it up? Also, while picking it up do I need to show two forms of an ID (PR Card and utility bill/drivers license) or is one (PR card) sufficient?

I'm a Canadian PR living in US. I intend to travel from US next month and plan to submit my relatives address and hopeful to be eligible for dropbox.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@harirajmohan I'm assuming the consulate/embassy we are required to mail our passport(s) depends on the place of residence. i.e., GTA (mail to Toronto consulate), Kanata area (mail to Embassy) and so on? Once the application is mailed and stamping is done, would the passport need to be collected from Canada Post closest to our residence or from the embassy/consulate? Do we need to select an option of how we intend to pick it up? Also, while picking it up do I need to show two forms of an ID (PR Card and utility bill/drivers license) or is one (PR card) sufficient?

I'm a Canadian PR living in US. I intend to travel from US next month and plan to submit my relatives address and hopeful to be eligible for dropbox.
Per my experience, the website allowed me to select any consulate within Canada to mail the documents. I think that it will give option to select before you print/generate mail-in instructions.

Passport and other copies of relevant docs need to be mailed but you can either send it through post office (with the visa fee you paid) or send it by fedex/ups with your money. They will send it by postoffice in return.

I think that the default option which is free is to pick it up from post office. if you pay more then you get the home delivery.
As i was resident of Canada for the couple of times i did mail-in stamping, i had the driver license with same Canadian address which i used in visa application hence didnt have to do anything else to pickup my passports. So you/relative can contact the post office to find out on what they need to prove address or they just need an ID to pickup passport. https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/policies/acceptable-personal-id-overview.page

Last edited:

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
@harirajmohan and All . I have one query regarding dropbox in Canada.I will submit docs to US consulate, Ottawa next week and I know it will take 4 to 6 weeks. Actually my doctor sent me one letter which mentioned that i need infusion soon due to my colon infection.Also my employer also sent me one letter which mentioned that client will not allow me to work from canada and come office in person.Do you think these 2 letters will help me out to expedite my us visa within 2 to 3 weeks??

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@harirajmohan and All . I have one query regarding dropbox in Canada.I will submit docs to US consulate, Ottawa next week and I know it will take 4 to 6 weeks. Actually my doctor sent me one letter which mentioned that i need infusion soon due to my colon infection.Also my employer also sent me one letter which mentioned that client will not allow me to work from canada and come office in person.Do you think these 2 letters will help me out to expedite my us visa within 2 to 3 weeks??
I doubt it since they expect you to be in your own resident country to get your stamping where you dont need any medical attention.
They have seen lot of clients asking for candidates seeking to be inside US for various reasons. Its not new for them.

To me, it wont work but you can surely give it a try as you have nothing to loose.[/USER][/QUOTE]