+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B dropbox Canada

TeenaPD

Aug 4, 2022
I selected the Vancouver location for dropbox and I am eligible for interview waiver. Do I need to physically go to the Vancouver location to drop the documents or can I courier those from anywhere in Canada?

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Seems you are overthinking on it. Just submit the passport and wait.
You cant handle and prepare for scenarios which you dont know about.

You cant apply multiple places just because you didnt get stamping at one place(during denied scenario).

Asking for appearing for interview is not same as dropbox didnt go smoothly. Its common for being asked for interview as they are just addicted to interview and cant resist call few people for interview. Consulars cant tell horoscope by calling candidates instead of simply asking for all documents they need or they should simply send video call. what to do - we cant do much as its their wish.

There is no relation between stamping while not having pr card and having pr card. Some consulars just know mostly on pr card hence asking only for pr card for knowing the pr status inside Canada but you can explain that you havent applied(or you lost it) and produce only copr. This is non issue.
In case we get called for an interview (after Dropbox), do we need to schedule a new one, months away? In that case, you can't enter US and lose your job and H1b?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I selected the Vancouver location for dropbox and I am eligible for interview waiver. Do I need to physically go to the Vancouver location to drop the documents or can I courier those from anywhere in Canada?
Courier from anywhere.
In case we get called for an interview (after Dropbox), do we need to schedule a new one, months away?
In that case, you can't enter US and lose your job and H1b?
Thats the risk of traveling for stamping which cant avoid after traveling out of US (doesnt matter if stamping is at resident/passport country or not).
It all depends on the employer after that point how long they can hold the offer.

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Courier from anywhere.

Thats the risk of traveling for stamping which cant avoid after traveling out of US (doesnt matter if stamping is at resident/passport country or not).
It all depends on the employer after that point how long they can hold the offer.
@harirajmohan

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am a canada PR and have been holding H1B for last 4 years currently staying in canada. What is the process for H1B Dropbox? Do we need to schedule an appointment first and send the documents through canada post as per the appointment date accordingly(if it’s a Dropbox) or once we are ready with all the documentation we can send anytime?

how does it work?

please help!

Thanks
Nikhil

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
@harirajmohan

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am a canada PR and have been holding H1B for last 4 years currently staying in canada. What is the process for H1B Dropbox? Do we need to schedule an appointment first and send the documents through canada post as per the appointment date accordingly(if it’s a Dropbox) or once we are ready with all the documentation we can send anytime?

how does it work?

please help!

Thanks
Nikhil
AFAIK, You don't have to schedule an appointment if its a dropbox.

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
I want to post this as a new query, but could not make out how to start a new query and hence my question is here. Sorry for that.
I want to renew the B1/B2 US Visa which I had. I submitted the DS-160 when I was earlier living in Alberta and selected the US Consulate in Calgary. However, when I enquired about the appointment times, I was told that it would take a long time and hence I did not do anything to send my documents.

After that I moved to Toronto and wanted to send the documents for visa processing. I created a profile and I got a COURIER-IN Certificate which gives the US Consulate Calgary office address. As I did not feel comfortable to send the 2 original Passports by Courier all the way from Toronto to Calgary I called the Call Centre and asked them to change the COURIER-IN Certificate to Toronto Office, but they did not agree.

After that I created a new DS-160 Form in which I have selected the Toronto Office for visa processing. But when I tried to access my profile and print a new COURIER-IN Certificate, I cannot do it. As soon I sign in the site straight away goes to SEND DOCUMENTS Page. I cannot understand how to get a new COURIER-IN CERTIFICATE with the Toronto Office. I understand that it is not possible to go to the US Consulate Toronto in person and drop the documents including the Passports. It has to be only sent by courier. Is it possible for me to pay for the Courier and send it to the Toronto Office.

Thank you for your replies.

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
We have USA visa and we been blessed with newborn baby and received the instructions to send newborn baby passport via courier.
Could anyone can guide what should do and when I can get the passport back after the visa?

You must courier your documents into the U.S. Consular Section. Please gather the requested documents and generate a "Courier-In Authorization Certificate" by clicking the "View Courier-in receipt" button below. Include a copy of these instructions in the list of documents you send to the Consular Section.

Only include requested documents.

Please note that a Consular Officer reserves the right to request that an applicant appears in person for an interview after reviewing the visa application.”