+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

A

Albertagoverner

redstar said:
when we use ABPNP 003 and AINP 009 application forms.

Thanks & Regards
Under Old process, While your pre-assessment has been done, they used to send you a letter of invitation with AINP003. Now in new process after January 1 2009 you have to fill AINP009 since there is no pre assessment

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Friends
Thanks for my previous reply
Please clarify my doubts i posted many times but i haven't got any response from any one but iam betting my luck again ,answers for the questions.

1) my question is will they provide that letter if I have no employment offer from any Alberta companies.

2) My question is after Nominated for Alberta provisional program do i need to apply for federal program or can I come to Alberta directly and can i continue processing my PR from Canada.If it possible how long it will take from Canada for processing, because my lawyer said for federal it will take nearly 6-9 months after i get nominated

3) Do I need to show my W2 forms in the embassy when I go to PR visa this question iam asking because I am applying for PR under H1-B category.

4) Is there any possibility of avoiding federal immigration process. Can I go to Canada with the Nomination letter and can I process my PR from there, If so what type visa i have to take and more over what are the documents required and how much time it will take.

looking forward for help.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
redstar said:
Hi Friends
Please clarify my doubts i posted many times but i haven't got any response from any one but iam betting my luck again ,answers for the questions.

1) my question is will they provide that letter if I have no employment offer from any Alberta companies.
Under the AB PNP for H1 visa holders no job offer is required.

2) My question is after Nominated for Alberta provisional program do i need to apply for federal program or can I come to Alberta directly and can i continue processing my PR from Canada.If it possible how long it will take from Canada for processing, because my lawyer said for federal it will take nearly 6-9 months after i get nominated
The nomination letter is only as it says a nomination letter to process your applicarion faster at CIC. You still have to apply to the federal with this nomination letter to have your application processed faster. I think your lawyer was right as it takes about 6-9 months at CIC.

3) Do I need to show my W2 forms in the embassy when I go to PR visa this question iam asking because I am applying for PR under H1-B category.
When you applied for your nomination you have already sent your H1 documents proving that you are in H1 visa for more than a year. You dont need to send them again to CIC.

4) Is there any possibility of avoiding federal immigration process. Can I go to Canada with the Nomination letter and can I process my PR from there, If so what type visa i have to take and more over what are the documents required and how much time it will take.
You cannot goto Canada with just a nomination paper for a job. You need a visa/PR.

kaynyk

Jan 8, 2009
hi Felix31,
Did u get a file number yet. We are in same boat applied around same time so checking if you got a file number. Also did you start applying for PCC?
Regards,
Kaynyk.

felix31 said:
Mike053 said:
nomad_musafir said:
Section C. Occupation and Education of AINP 009 form (page 6/10).

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/h1b_AINP009.pdf

Thanks Musafir!! But when I got invitation letter, it was never mentioned in the invitation letter to fill AINP 009. neither was AINP 009 included in packet. Packet just told me to fill AINP 003 and AINP 003 was included in the packet. There was a orange colored sticker in the packet ' AINP H1B' which they told me to place on outside of the mail package.

Please guide what I can do. I am really confused. On top of that I have got laid off. My company told me they will revoke my H1B in March end. I thought I will get nomination before that because I applied in January. But now i am knowing that they told me to fill wrong application forms. Please guide what action I can take..... this has become an urgent issue for me now, please help Musafir, AlbertaGovernor,.....all

Sorry to hear that Mike,

All I can say is that I too got invitation letter in January with AINP 003 forms and the cheklist with which CIC forms I need to fill out, accompanied with a green sticker, so I filled that in and sent back. You should not worry, since I think they are sending old forms to people who went through the pre-assessment process and people who are just getting in are filling out AINP 009 forms. I may be wrong, but perhaps someone on the forum has different idea.

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
kaynyk said:
hi Felix31,
Did u get a file number yet. We are in same boat applied around same time so checking if you got a file number. Also did you start applying for PCC?
Regards,
Kaynyk.

nope, still waiting. But there is still time. My application was delivered Feb 9th.

srini_73

Feb 19, 2009
The long wait is over! I received my package today and they decided to accept me. Here is my timeline:

10/10/08 - E-mailed docs for pre-assessment
10/17/08 - Received confirmation e-mail
11/10/08 - Received invitation to apply
11/18/08 - Mailed app. package to AINP
12/03/08 - AINP received app. package (USPS confirmation)
01/12/08 - Received file number (08-460)
02/19/09 - Received the nomination letter
NOC code: 2171 & 2283
Job Title: Software Test Analyst

The letter was printed on Jan 27, posted on Feb 9 and received it on Feb 19. The CIC application has to be in Buffalo by July 26.

Thanks to all of you and wish you all the very best.

A

Albertagoverner

srini_73 said:
The long wait is over! I received my package today and they decided to accept me. Here is my timeline:

10/10/08 - E-mailed docs for pre-assessment
10/17/08 - Received confirmation e-mail
11/10/08 - Received invitation to apply
11/18/08 - Mailed app. package to AINP
12/03/08 - AINP received app. package (USPS confirmation)
01/12/08 - Received file number (08-460)
02/19/09 - Received the nomination letter
NOC code: 2171 & 2283
Job Title: Software Test Analyst

The letter was printed on Jan 27, posted on Feb 9 and received it on Feb 19. The CIC application has to be in Buffalo by July 26.

Thanks to all of you and wish you all the very best.
Great News!! Congrats! Have a Beer!!

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Comment on #3:

An application was returned from CIC because they needed some proof of stay in the US for at least 1 year. They requested for the I-94 and I-797. I suggest sending them a copy of the I-797, I-94, and copy of the entry stamps on your passport. Notarize it, it will help you sleep better. Please search other threads about these things.

divagirl said:
redstar said:
Hi Friends

The nomination letter is only as it says a nomination letter to process your applicarion faster at CIC. You still have to apply to the federal with this nomination letter to have your application processed faster. I think your lawyer was right as it takes about 6-9 months at CIC.

When you applied for your nomination you have already sent your H1 documents proving that you are in H1 visa for more than a year. You dont need to send them again to CIC.

You cannot goto Canada with just a nomination paper for a job. You need a visa/PR.

A

Albertagoverner

bb0310 said:
Comment on #3:

An application was returned from CIC because they needed some proof of stay in the US for at least 1 year. They requested for the I-94 and I-797. I suggest sending them a copy of the I-797, I-94, and copy of the entry stamps on your passport. Notarize it, it will help you sleep better. Please search other threads about these things.

divagirl said:
redstar said:
Hi Friends

Agreed

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi
Thanks for my previous replies but my question is it possible to apply for jobs from US once we get nominated and will they accept my candiature for jobs in Alberta has a permanent person and after this process can v go and work in canada and apply for PR from there.Looking for your suggestions

Thanks & Regards

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Your question is confusing..But if you want to know if you can find a job in Alberta and move after receiving nomination, the answer is yes.
If you are nominated, and find a job that give you a job offer, Alberta will give you a temporary permit, so you can move and work.

Just be aware that is not easy to find a job in Alberta if you are still in US. I applied for more than a 100 positions, and just one call so far.

Akk

redstar said:
Hi
Thanks for my previous replies but my question is it possible to apply for jobs from US once we get nominated and will they accept my candiature for jobs in Alberta has a permanent person and after this process can v go and work in canada and apply for PR from there.Looking for your suggestions

Thanks & Regards

chow

Sep 23, 2008
redstar said:
Hi

Thanks & Regards
Hello Redstar,
You need Work Permit to work in Canada or Alberta. I tried to apply for a job thru a vendor and they said NO. They do not want to give you LMO or some other documents to get you Work Permit.
You first start your CIC process and then try your job trails in Alberta. Don't hope that you will get a job with this Certificate. I even heard that the vendors don't show interest if you say that you are in USA and you need work permit to work in Canada. I even heard today that Canada Govt proposed a bill not to take any foreign worker under workpermit VISA . Don't know how much true in this. It's already here in US and having tough time for H1B visa holders.

Thanks
Chow

chow

Sep 23, 2008
akk said:
Your question is confusing..But if you want to know if you can find a job in Alberta and move after receiving nomination, the answer is yes.
If you are nominated, and find a job that give you a job offer, Alberta will give you a temporary permit, so you can move and work.

Just be aware that is not easy to find a job in Alberta if you are still in US. I applied for more than a 100 positions, and just one call so far.

Akk

redstar said:
Hi

Thanks & Regards
I agree with AKK.
I am also dreaming for overnight miracle. But no Employer/Vendor makes your dream true.
Thanks
Chow

chow

Sep 23, 2008
akk said:

Akk

redstar said:
Hi

Thanks & Regards
Akk,
May I know which job areas are you applying for?
Thanks
Chow