+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
I agree with AKK.
I am also dreaming for overnight miracle. But no Employer/Vendor makes your dream true.
Thanks
Chow

Hi Chow
MY question is will it not possible to apply directly for a company for full time position rather going with any emplyer/vendor will the companies will accept or not our candidature that's my question.waiting for your responses.

Thanks & Regards

chow

Sep 23, 2008
redstar said:
I agree with AKK.
I am also dreaming for overnight miracle. But no Employer/Vendor makes your dream true.
Thanks
Chow

Hi Chow
MY question is will it not possible to apply directly for a company for full time position rather going with any emplyer/vendor will the companies will accept or not our candidature that's my question.waiting for your responses.

Thanks & Regards
Redstar,
I believe it's the same thing with the company(end client) also.
Thanks
Chow

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
akk said:
Just be aware that is not easy to find a job in Alberta if you are still in US. I applied for more than a 100 positions, and just one call so far.

Akk
Since everybody sharing their experience, I also applied to a lot of companies in Alberta with a very convincing cover letter / email and resume (unlike akk my count was less than 100), and only one of them called back. Even though I do write about my current situation i.e. being in USA on H1B and planning to settle down in Alberta, still the recruiter thought I was in Canada, but as soon as I mentioned about wanting a work permit for Canada, She told me, "I'll be very honest with you about this ..... it is very unlikely that any company would do that for you, and if they do file for work permit for someone, they'd rather prefer some Canadian graduate at least... and there are plenty of them around...". I don't know why she tried to discourage me... because if thats the case why would they even have that visa, how come a USA graduate is less capable than a Candian one.... but she was successful and I stopped applying for jobs in Alberta any further. It seemed pointless.
I wouldn't say don't apply for jobs, but I do believe that there is huge factor of chance involved in finding a job there while being in the USA.
Good Luck though
P.S. Its February 19 and still no news of that File # for me… My application was delivered (USPS Tracking) on December 31st 2008….

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
sirsmak said:
akk said:
Just be aware that is not easy to find a job in Alberta if you are still in US. I applied for more than a 100 positions, and just one call so far.

Akk
Since everybody sharing their experience, I also applied to a lot of companies in Alberta with a very convincing cover letter / email and resume (unlike akk my count was less than 100), and only one of them called back. Even though I do write about my current situation i.e. being in USA on H1B and planning to settle down in Alberta, still the recruiter thought I was in Canada, but as soon as I mentioned about wanting a work permit for Canada, She told me, "I'll be very honest with you about this ..... it is very unlikely that any company would do that for you, and if they do file for work permit for someone, they'd rather prefer some Canadian graduate at least... and there are plenty of them around...". I don't know why she tried to discourage me... because if thats the case why would they even have that visa, how come a USA graduate is less capable than a Candian one.... but she was successful and I stopped applying for jobs in Alberta any further. It seemed pointless.
I wouldn't say don't apply for jobs, but I do believe that there is huge factor of chance involved in finding a job there while being in the USA.
Good Luck though
P.S. Its February 19 and still no news of that File # for me... My application was delivered (USPS Tracking) on December 31st 2008....
Do not despair. Someone received his nomination without getting a file # and he also sent the app in December. I believe your cert should be in the mail.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I am now an IT Manager and I was applying to everything that is related to that...now I am frustrated, what is the point of sending hundreds of resumes if no one calls...
Since our area is a high demand one, and no employer call us back something is wrong....

Akk

chow said:
Akk,
May I know which job areas are you applying for?
Thanks
Chow

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
akk said:
I am now an IT Manager and I was applying to everything that is related to that...now I am frustrated, what is the point of sending hundreds of resumes if no one calls...
Since our area is a high demand one, and no employer call us back something is wrong....

Akk

chow said:
Akk,
May I know which job areas are you applying for?
Thanks
Chow
i also had a similar experience with recruiters... I am into IT and got response from
at least 3 -4 recruiters but all retreated for the same reason ... they needed somebody who doesnt
need to be sponsored with LMO....

i have stopped applying too till the CIC process concludes... good luck folks ..

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi
I heard from my friends now a days just extension for H1B is getting to difficult for US.So if it is the situation how is it go effect our AINP as we have to leave the country before our visa get expired and if our PR is middle of processing(i.e., if we send to CIC ).Do they differ to our own country or do they reject our process.Please all of you friends provide your valuable information.

Thanks & Regards

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
albertaorbust said:
Do not despair. Someone recieved his nomination without getting a file # and he also sent the app in December. I believe your cert should be in the mail.
Well I guess I am not that lucky... but still its a good news that I received my file number 2 hours ago. So for tracking purposes the information you all need to know is:

PNP Alberta Office received my application............. December 31st 2008 (USPS Tracking)
File # received.................................................. February 20th 2009
File # ending with.............................................. xxxx-xx-0593

That is 50 days later....!

Will keep you posted with any updates...

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
I have another question for you all, or what do you think about....... well, first read the following, this is a part of the mail body I got,
....."Thank you for applying to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). This is to confirm receipt of your AINP application on December 31, 2008. A decision on your application may be made in approximately 40 to 60 working days. Please note, however, that processing times vary depending on the volume of applications received.

During our assessment of your application you will only be contacted by a Program Officer if we require additional information. Please do not call to inquire...."

So they say 40 to 60 days.... does that mean 40 days begin from today or since the acknowledge that they confirmed the receipt on December 31st so it starts from then....??

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
@sirsmak

Congratulations ! Looks like they were working on december applications in this month .
Did you apply for pre-assessment ?

akk

Sep 2, 2008
If you are in the middle of PR processing and you need to leave the country (which is my case) you don't need to worry. CIC will continue your application and they will decide whether or not transferring it to your home country....You just need to keep them updated about address changes.

If you leave the country in the middle of AINP-PNP Process then you need to call the hot line..but I think you would be in trouble, because they request that you apply the PR in Buffalo...

Akk

I am not a lawyer. Any information provided should be verified for its legal stand in the Rule of Land.

redstar said:
Hi
I heard from my friends now a days just extension for H1B is getting to difficult for US.So if it is the situation how is it go effect our AINP as we have to leave the country before our visa get expired and if our PR is middle of processing(i.e., if we send to CIC ).Do they differ to our own country or do they reject our process.Please all of you friends provide your valuable information.

Thanks & Regards

ram_v

Nov 19, 2008
This is my time line
11/26/08 - E-mailed docs for pre-assessment
11/26/08 - Received confirmation e-mail
12/16/08 - Received invitation to apply
12/24/08 - Mailed app. package to AINP
12/31/08 - AINP received app. package (UPS confirmation)
02/20/09 - Received file number (587)

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Akk
Thanks for reply.My concern is about CIC only because once i get nominated to Alberta than I think they are not going to have any responsibility on my application.So after this process if my visa will not get extended then will the CIC ppl will accept transfer my application or not.Looking for your help.

How many pay stubs do i need to submit to get nominated for application.

Thanks & Regards

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Like I said, If you are in US when you get nominated, apply for CIC in Buffalo and then change your address and notify them (both Alberta and Buffalo), you will be ok. CIC will decide if they will transfer your application to your home country. That will be their decision, not yours..maybe they will even finish in Buffalo...

I just submitted one pay stub, the most recent I had.

Akk

redstar said:
Hi Akk
Thanks for reply.My concern is about CIC only because once i get nominated to Alberta than I think they are not going to have any responsibility on my application.So after this process if my visa will not get extended then will the CIC ppl will accept transfer my application or not.Looking for your help.

How many pay stubs do i need to submit to get nominated for application.

Thanks & Regards