Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
Nomination.....
APR 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2011
Hi,

I am curious if anyone has received any nominations either this month, or in Feb?

I received doc request few weeks ago but haven't heard back anything from them.

Please do share any info. Thanks!

Niki

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
Hey guys,

read this. http : // news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_immigration

Hope is always there. Immigration reform is coming later this year and it is going to take care of US Masters graduates and they will get a shot at green card right away. For sure it will also take care of those who have worked here for years on H1B.

Guys if you are about to loose your H1B status cause you are about to hit your 6 year mark, enroll into any masters degree asap and try to ride out the tough time for another few months or a year at max. Once you have PR the potential is great here compared to Canada.

Alberta had this opportunity and they missed it bigtime. They never realized the fact that they can only get those professionals from US who are desperate to leave and that noone with a stable 100K job in US is going to Canada anytime soon as long as one can stay in US legally.

I hope it will make you all feel better who got file closed letters from Canada.

Alberta100h1b

Jul 17, 2009
Alberta totally failed to understand what exactly it wants? Even today it failed. If alberta thinks that all the nominated h1b people will leave USA and run into alberta, then it is really over estimating its potential. I believe for 75% of the techies working in USA it is just a backup. 20% are looking at alberta only because of their potential problems with maintaining h1b status. Less than 5% are really instrested to go Alberta.

mafoi

Mar 8, 2010
I don't know if we can count on US immigration reform, particularly the item regarding doctoral or master degree holders. IMHO, this reform is mainly for illegal immigrants (we may say, primarily Latino illegal immigrants). They have the say in congress as they are backed up by millions of Latino (legal) voters. At the end of the day, it's all about politics. Either Rep or Dem, all the politicians want is votes. What do we have?

If all doctors or masters graduated from US can have PR granted, it will be nicer than Canada experience class application. It sounds too good to be true for me. Just take a look of US universities, how many US student in graduate degrees programs? Attend any departmental seminar (not law/med/business), how many foreigners are there?

Just my 2 cents. May sounds bad to some people. But I think it's the reality.

rkrr

Jul 24, 2009
Guys,

Looks like moderator does not like me expressing the facts. I have posted that this program is going to be scrapped back on July 24th . Try to search for rkrr in this forum.I have written some comments yesterday after recv the rejection letter like everyone else and even that has been removed.Looks like moderator is very much Canadian ;-)/...

Database Admin

Star Member
Apr 17, 2009
rkrr said:
Guys,

Looks like moderator does not like me expressing the facts. I have posted that this program is going to be scrapped back on July 24th . Try to search for rkrr in this forum.I have written some comments yesterday after recv the rejection letter like everyone else and even that has been removed.Looks like moderator is very much Canadian ;-)/...

I had put a link which highlighted negative aspects which was real and from people who migrated to Canada and it also was removed. Looks like they don't want negative publicity about their country even if it's true.

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
Also seems like US Govt. might have interfered in this and requested Alberta to stop luring its work force with quick immigration. And they killed the program.

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
joshihere,

Don't feel sad buddy, I also got my file closed letter day before yesterday. Maybe this is blessing, though in disgust, but a blessing :)

thnnyc

Mar 21, 2010
Shame on Alberta govt. After advertising to invite application indicating very high chances success throughout whole year by different means, they did exactly opposite. We all know recession is going. we knew when we applied and we know as of now too.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
neteng said:
Also seems like US Govt. might have interfered in this and requested Alberta to stop luring its work force with quick immigration. And they killed the program.
Conspiracy Theory.... hmmmm
Yeah, they love their "skilled" IT workforce, all born with minimum 5-7 years experience. That's why they went deporting these invaluable assets at Newark airport earlier this year.

parasharamit

Apr 9, 2009
Got the 'closed file' mail this week. This is so stupid of Alberta to keep us waiting on hopes and wasting so much of our invaluable time. As people said, this is not expected from a 1st world country. First the stretched the times line and made us wait more to only find that the program is closed for IT.
I can't do much but to curse those people who designed this program and ended it abruptly. What a waste !

hais

Jul 9, 2009
I got my nomination letter last saturday. I applied on 4/14/09 and got document request on 2/16/10.

I don't know whether it is a good time to report my result on this forum now since I knwo what happened to IT people recenlty. I feel very sorry for all of you and I hope you can find other options later. US's health act has been past, maybe the next will be the immigration act. I wish all the best to all immigrates. The reason that I still post my result here is to give some information to people who may still waiting for their results. Good Luck!

anonymously

Aug 13, 2009
ainp10 said:
Dear *****,

Thank you for your email concerning the recent decision by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) to close your file.

The AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream for U.S. Visa Holder Category was originally introduced to help build Alberta's labour work force. Eligible occupations within this category are based on labour shortages in Alberta and must be on the AINP Occupations Under Pressure list. The list is regularly reviewed and revised to ensure it accurately reflects the Alberta labour market.

As a result of the global economic climate, Alberta's ICT sector has seen a major reduction in the number of job opportunities. This has resulted in the AINP closing the files of applicants whose ICT occupation is no longer on the list.Your file will be re-opened if you obtain a valid job offer from an Alberta employer and provide this information to the AINP no later than 01 April 2011. For additional details about re-opening your file, please refer to the AINP letter dated 01 March 2010.

The Government of Canada, through Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), also has various immigration programs for skilled workers and business immigrants including the Federal Skilled Worker class. For more information about CIC's programs and related application processes, please visit CIC's website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/

Thank you for your interest in Alberta.

THIS IS SO GENERIC! I know for sure they didn't even read the emails we send them now. I'll send another email saying THANK YOU for declining my application and I bet you I'll get the same scripted response above.
AINP, such a big waste of time!!!

To HAIS, Congrats for getting your nomination. Good luck!