+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

nothingnew

Dec 3, 2009
Hi parasharamit,

when exactly u got the file close email. Did u get it today (March 22). If yes looks like AINP has not stopped sending emails for closing the files.

Thanks,
NN.

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
this is what I dont get, our issue (atleast mine) here in this forum is immigrating to Canada only, but some of the posts indicate to me that for many immigrating to Canada is a backup option while waiting for Green Card and that means once one get a green card even though he is nominated will never ever immigrate to Canada.

This is like abusing their system and in an ironic way we all paid for it by getting file closed letter because AINP was clogged with too many applications and many of these applicants have no true intention of immigrating to Canada.

I feel that somebody's back up plan is effecting the primary ambition of many.

Well I think all this is a part of the world that lacks any compassion,courtesy and civic sense. We just abuse a system and screw it for everybody else.

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
neteng said:
Also seems like US Govt. might have interfered in this and requested Alberta to stop luring its work force with quick immigration. And they killed the program.
Nice conspiracy theory. I personally think US does not care because there are too many, considering that 75% of the AINP applicants have filed only as a backup for their GC and 20% of them because of their shaky H1b status. US ver well knows that many of us love GC status that any Canadian PR status.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Agreed. However, "over" applying also caused the AINP ship to sunk.

sasidhar79 said:
Nice conspiracy theory. I personally think US does not care because there are too many, considering that 75% of the AINP applicants have filed only as a backup for their GC and 20% of them because of their shaky H1b status. US ver well knows that many of us love GC status that any Canadian PR status.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Well Friends,

I got my much awaited - READ REJECTION LETTER tomorrow. The matter is the same as that has been discussed. Due to poor ecomony or whatever.

Not sure what my options are right now or what to do next but here I am with the letter from AINP.

Thanks,

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
sasidhar79 said:
this is what I dont get, our issue (atleast mine) here in this forum is immigrating to Canada only, but some of the posts indicate to me that for many immigrating to Canada is a backup option while waiting for Green Card and that means once one get a green card even though he is nominated will never ever immigrate to Canada.

This is like abusing their system and in an ironic way we all paid for it by getting file closed letter because AINP was clogged with too many applications and many of these applicants have no true intention of immigrating to Canada.

Well I think all this is a part of the world that lacks any compassion,courtesy and civic sense. We just abuse a system and screw it for everybody else.
Thats the tragedy of the commons. Everyone has no choice but to act in their best interest; but the sum of doing so, crashes the system.

thnnyc

Mar 21, 2010
It's all AINP's fault. It's simiiar to that if you get a good product in market at right price, you will go for it. not going for it is stupidity

AINP is clearly at fault keeping it's IT NOCs available for long time, assigning file number and advertising no job offer is required etc etc. They rolled back. It's their deficiency and all have to pay.

Many of all wouldn't have applied if NOC were not available or if they listed that quota is full.

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"There is enough in this world for EVERYONE's need but not for ANYONE's greed"
— Mahatma Gandhi

so true indeed.

sasidhar79 said:

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
neteng said:
Hey guys,

read this. http : // news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_immigration

Hope is always there. Immigration reform is coming later this year and it is going to take care of US Masters graduates and they will get a shot at green card right away. For sure it will also take care of those who have worked here for years on H1B.

Guys if you are about to loose your H1B status cause you are about to hit your 6 year mark, enroll into any masters degree asap and try to ride out the tough time for another few months or a year at max. Once you have PR the potential is great here compared to Canada.

Alberta had this opportunity and they missed it bigtime. They never realized the fact that they can only get those professionals from US who are desperate to leave and that noone with a stable 100K job in US is going to Canada anytime soon as long as one can stay in US legally.

I hope it will make you all feel better who got file closed letters from Canada.
the latest posts highlight this very aspect, it is just greed not the need.

anonymously

Aug 13, 2009
sasidhar79 said:

Agreed! My employer said that he doesn't sponsor for GC that's why I decided to go for AINP.

Database Admin

Star Member
Apr 17, 2009
I don't blame anybody except AINP because they sold a bill of goods which never existed. If they advertise that they need skilled workers they should be able to keep their promise and give nominations or reject them based on the candidate's qualifications. But denying people just based on the economic codition of Canada is a very lame excuse and raises credibilty questions about the canadian immigration programs in general as well.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
"I don't blame anybody except AINP"

This would make perfect sense if Canada had absolute control over its economic condition.
I was expecting this program to be shut down Q1 of last year. Kudos to them that they tried to stretch it out as far as they could.

I seriously do not get the indignation on this forum. We all applied for nomination to help us get PR in their country. It's not like we had countries bid amongst themselves to have the honor of having us live in their country. There seems to be confusion on who is in demand and in control - AINP or the vaunted 'skilled' tech professionals? Speaking of spending time and money - did y'all just sit around doing nothing while waiting for AINP nomination? That would be wasting time. And if that's what you did - why would someone want such a workforce? There was absolutely no need to spend a single USD on this process until you get nomination. So, how did we manage to 'waste' time and money?

Opportunity and adversity are 2 sides of the same coin. Make of it what you may. Last Jan when Satyam fraud was uncovered, I know of many 'Satyamites' who quit going to work and were simply hanging out on forums and such. They kept getting paid you know. Kept brooding on how unfair it was for the talented and experienced techies, wishing they were working for TCS or Wipro instead. Then there were others who recognized the opportunity in this debacle and invested some of their hard earned money at that time which eventually yielded at least 600% in less than 2 quarters.

If you still think AINP is to blame - I suggest reading up on the 'circle of influence' and the 'circle of concern' in Steven Covey's 7 Habits.

just my 2 cents.

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
awesome nomad_musafir, i really liked ur post

nomad_musafir said:

This would make perfect sense if Canada had absolute control over its economic condition.
I was expecting this program to be shut down Q1 of last year. Kudos to them that they tried to stretch it out as far as they could.

I seriously do not get the indignation on this forum. We all applied for nomination to help us get PR in their country. It's not like we had countries bid amongst themselves to have the honor of having us live in their country. There seems to be confusion on who is in demand and in control - AINP or the vaunted 'skilled' tech professionals? Speaking of spending time and money - did y'all just sit around doing nothing while waiting for AINP nomination? That would be wasting time. And if that's what you did - why would someone want such a workforce? There was absolutely no need to spend a single USD on this process until you get nomination. So, how did we manage to 'waste' time and money?

Opportunity and adversity are 2 sides of the same coin. Make of it what you may. Last Jan when Satyam fraud was uncovered, I know of many 'Satyamites' who quit going to work and were simply hanging out on forums and such. They kept getting paid you know. Kept brooding on how unfair it was for the talented and experienced techies, wishing they were working for TCS or Wipro instead. Then there were others who recognized the opportunity in this debacle and invested some of their hard earned money at that time which eventually yielded at least 600% in less than 2 quarters.

If you still think AINP is to blame - I suggest reading up on the 'circle of influence' and the 'circle of concern' in Steven Covey's 7 Habits.

just my 2 cents.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
iAlberta said:
awesome nomad_musafir, i really liked ur post
thanks bud. i really did not mean to give any unsolicited advice, much worse a speech. however, the blame throwing was starting to get on my nerve. patience and perseverance seem to have become lost arts in this age of instant gratification.

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
nomad_musafir said:

just my 2 cents.

Agreed if AINP would have nominated all the applicants how many would have spent $550 per applicant to get their PR stamped ?
I would bet atleast 80% of all the applicants under sthis stream would have waited almost till the end of the specified time frame to file for the Federal PR stamping, this waiting is purely for not wasting money
while anticipating some sudden movement with reference to US Green Cards.

How many applicants drop out if AINP would charge a fee of $1000 or more for getting nomination (i think they should have done that)?

Even after getting PR how many would truly relocate to Canada ? Even if they land in Canada with PR how many would stay there and lead a life and settle down ?

Atleast now after all this AINP experience I wish that people act with more responsibility for the higher good. I personally think that what AINP has done is good in a way because those among us who do not like Canada
can plan their lives outside Canada.

I agree that what has happened with AINP is unfair to many of us but when one thinks with open mind one realises that AINP was not designed
to handle such huge number of applications their system was overwhelmed and we should be thankful in a way because atleast they responded telling us that our files have been closed.

What would any of us waiting for US green card do , if all of a sudden USCIS thinks that they do not want to issue Green Cards ? how many of us would fight ?

Please do not blame their system entirely, even we are to be blamed for abusing their system.

One should ask oneself whether he or she would truly relocate to Alberta ? that would answer everything.