+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

shaash

Aug 25, 2009
Hello Highlander - Hope you are doing good.

I was getting ready to fill up the application form for M-I-T and had few questions which I needed your inputs on. If you can help me, that ll be great.

1. Citizenship: I understand that there is no citizenship requirement for M-I-T. So what do I fill in here?

2. I understand from the Registration Criteria that, since we have a Masters degree from US univ we are waived from taking FE. am i correct?

3. M-I-T does not need experience. They say a breif summary ll confirm that you have applied for right category. what kinda experience document ( like a resume) did you provide?

4. Obtaining transcripts: How did you go about this? Last year I had plans to take up PE here in US and hence when I went to india last time I got the transcripts from my univ. The packet is sealed. Do you think I can use the same or is it a bad idea?

Thanks in advance

shaash said:
Highlander - thank you again for the wonderful input. That helps a ton. I surely ll get started working towards APEGGA membership soon.
Lets keep in touch.

Highlander said:
Sonu81 said:
shaash said:
Hey Highlander - Thanks for the info. Yes even i felt going for Member-in-training would be a good option after going thru all the details in their website.Have you started looking for jobs already or are you waiting for the membership to come in? I have searched for jobs,but have'nt really applied for any. I am not sure whenz the best time to start. what are your thoughts on that? should I wait till I get my nomination or should I wait till I get the membership in hand?
Thank you very much and we shall keep each other updated.
I would say wait for nomination and then apply...

Even if you have M-I-T certificate, somebdy giving u job offer from Alberta in 1 in million. So, why waste money and time.

People applied for PCC hoping to get nomination soon but have found their PC certificates useless and have wasted money on them....

Sonu,

not sure what you major is but for us i can say i have found many good jobs and to my surprise i am getting calls...i do not wish to offend you dude but if you have limited knowledge plz do not give advise or discourage someone...and honestly the thing is...i am planing on settling on Canada just because there are better paying jobs for people like me and better opportunities....AINP or No AINP...i don't give a damn....if AINP shuts down tomorrow i will still find job and go through Engineering Catagory.......!!!

Shaash:- dude in my opinion you should wait for the certification from apegga as every company will ask for registration number to cross check the information (since everyone can look at the registered professionals online.). So if i were you i would wait until the registration and then apply, cause i did apply and during my interview calls they asked about my number and not having it kinda disqualifies you.

maranello

Aug 27, 2009
Got file number today.

Applied Pre-Assessment File - Dec 31, 2009
Pre-Assessment Received - Feb 11, 2009

Applied - March 30, 2009
Date Received at AINP - March 31, 2009

File # Received - August 26, 2009

Last 4 file number digits - 16xx

Highlander

Jun 21, 2009
shaash said:

I was getting ready to fill up the application form for M-I-T and had few questions which I needed your inputs on. If you can help me, that ll be great.

1. Citizenship: I understand that there is no citizenship requirement for M-I-T. So what do I fill in here?

2. I understand from the Registration Criteria that, since we have a Masters degree from US univ we are waived from taking FE. am i correct?

3. M-I-T does not need experience. They say a breif summary ll confirm that you have applied for right category. what kinda experience document ( like a resume) did you provide?

4. Obtaining transcripts: How did you go about this? Last year I had plans to take up PE here in US and hence when I went to india last time I got the transcripts from my univ. The packet is sealed. Do you think I can use the same or is it a bad idea?

Thanks in advance

shaash said:
Highlander - thank you again for the wonderful input. That helps a ton. I surely ll get started working towards APEGGA membership soon.
Lets keep in touch.

Highlander said:
Sonu81 said:
shaash said:
Hey Highlander - Thanks for the info. Yes even i felt going for Member-in-training would be a good option after going thru all the details in their website.Have you started looking for jobs already or are you waiting for the membership to come in? I have searched for jobs,but have'nt really applied for any. I am not sure whenz the best time to start. what are your thoughts on that? should I wait till I get my nomination or should I wait till I get the membership in hand?

Even if you have M-I-T certificate, somebdy giving u job offer from Alberta in 1 in million. So, why waste money and time.

People applied for PCC hoping to get nomination soon but have found their PC certificates useless and have wasted money on them....

Sonu,

not sure what you major is but for us i can say i have found many good jobs and to my surprise i am getting calls...i do not wish to offend you dude but if you have limited knowledge plz do not give advise or discourage someone...and honestly the thing is...i am planing on settling on Canada just because there are better paying jobs for people like me and better opportunities....AINP or No AINP...i don't give a damn....if AINP shuts down tomorrow i will still find job and go through Engineering Catagory.......!!!

Shaash:- dude in my opinion you should wait for the certification from apegga as every company will ask for registration number to cross check the information (since everyone can look at the registered professionals online.). So if i were you i would wait until the registration and then apply, cause i did apply and during my interview calls they asked about my number and not having it kinda disqualifies you.

True, just fill in what applies to you.

Yes, but you might end up taking ethics exam (depending on your transcripts !!!)

It is not for us, i e-mailed them and they told me not to worry about it.

Your Indian transcripts would work fine as long as they are sealed, tell your US university to send transcripts directly.

Hope this helps !!!

shaash

Aug 25, 2009
Hey thanks for the response Highlander. That definitely helps a bunch.

Highlander said:
shaash said:

Thanks in advance

shaash said:
Lets keep in touch.

Highlander said:
Sonu81 said:
shaash said:

Sonu,

True, just fill in what applies to you.

Yes, but you might end up taking ethics exam (depending on your transcripts !!!)

It is not for us, i e-mailed them and they told me not to worry about it.

Your Indian transcripts would work fine as long as they are sealed, tell your US university to send transcripts directly.

Hope this helps !!!

joshihere

Aug 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if I get a job? :)

Those who have applied after 19 Feb : IT is mandatory to maintain H1 till Alberta makes their decision i.e. nomination (is + ve decision = nomination? well... thats another question)

Here is a situation (I have not received any offer :( but I am struggling)
What if I get a job in Alberta before they make any decision? My employer is ready to sponsor my temporary work visa but wants me to join ASAP.
What happens to the Alberta rule of maintaining H1?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Please Advice

deveshjaitley said:
Hi All,

I guess I was stupid to depend solely on AINP for Canada Immigration. I see other people applying through multiple streams and taking benefit of parallel processing (hence saving time).

Please advice me what should I do now? I guess to get a job without being physically in Canada is not possible.

Should I apply through regular CIC or any other stream??

your suggestions are valuable, Please guide.
Jaitley,

Did you find any FAST TRACK scheme ?

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
SRS H1-B FAQ in AINP website (www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/FAQ_H1Bwebinar_w.pdf) has been updated recently.

One of the processing questions is interesting;

Q #15: "Why is AINP making changes to the processing of H-1B applications?"

A: "The AINP programs are constantly under review to ensure they help employers fill labour shortages and meet Alberta's changing
labour market needs.
The AINP will now place priority on processing applications with a job offer. This change will help Alberta employers fill current
labour shortages. All applications without a job offer will be processed as well. The current processing times can be found at:
www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/processingtimes.html"

So now the delay is officially because of "labour market needs," not really because of the number of applications (as we expected).

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
AINP IS TRYING TO FIND REASONS TO FOOL PEOPLE FOR PAST 4 MONTHS:

->THEY DON'T WANT TO REJECT APPLICATIONS SO THAT THEY DON'T LOOSE PEOPLE AS THEY MAY APPLY FOR SOME OTHER F***ING COUNTRY/PROVINCE.

sun007

Mar 20, 2009
"All applications without a job offer will be processed as well."

Thank you Jaspar,

The above sentence gave me little hope.....!

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
sun007 said:

Thank you Jaspar,

Good luck buddy

just cant resist.....lol.........

myfavourid

May 27, 2009
Hi Friends
I don't think we have to loose confident about this program. Last Friday I got a call from Alberta to send my latest payslip.
I got the file number in April, looks like they are doing something or making some progress on our application.
At the end of our her official conversation, i asked her about the next level, she said due to heavy volume (i.e more than expected) they are kind of delaying. But she assured that by the expected time line they will try to give us the nominations..

I don't know how much this would be useful to all, but lets hope for our next level.

My conclusion is.. They are making some progress for the next level.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sun007 said:

Thank you Jaspar,

Sonu,

You said you were leaving the forum. why are you back wasting time.............

koolguyme

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
myfavourid said:
Hi Friends
I don't think we have to loose confident about this program. Last Friday I got a call from Alberta to send my latest payslip.
I got the file number in April, looks like they are doing something or making some progress on our application.
At the end of our her official conversation, i asked her about the next level, she said due to heavy volume (i.e more than expected) they are kind of delaying. But she assured that by the expected time line they will try to give us the nominations..

I don't know how much this would be useful to all, but lets hope for our next level.

Dude, in your earlier posts, you said you received file number on Jun 24. Now you say, you got in April. Guys, now we all know who is this.....

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
koolguyme said:
myfavourid said:
Hi Friends

Dude, in your earlier posts, you said you received file number on Jun 24. Now you say, you got in April. Guys, now we all know who is this.....
Guys this is AG in action...

cant u see this ID "myfavourid" ---> "my favorite id"

Guys this forum has been spammed by AG, the excellent work by vsrao to prepare spreadsheet for timeline has been spammed by AG and I think administrator should purge this thread because people like AG have spammed here and also there is no hope of nominations from AINP and program is history.