+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B PNP certficate issued from Alberta but CIC process in Home Country

• Thread starter Albertagoverner
  • Start date
A

Albertagoverner

Hey guys:

I spoke to AINP office and they said that untill we put all your details in our database you will not recieve any file number for H1B SRS PNP processing. Second thing they said that once you recieve PNP certificate and you send your application packet to Buffalo Consulate there is no guarantee that they will process your file OR transfer your file to Home country Canadian consulate.

Has anybody came through such situation where he got PNP Certificate, applied at Buffalo Consulate and Buffalo moved thier file to Home country Canadian Consulate? Please share

I also asked that In case file goes to the Home Country so processing time for That consulate will be applicable or the same as Buffalo would have processed?

In reply they said We don't know specifically but H1B SRS Program have priority in all cases.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I asked the same question to Alberta around December... see their answer below... It's been 15 days since I sent my application to CIC and I am hoping I can finish the process in USA, but if not then I'll let CIC know that I am moving to my home country and will see what happen...
BTW I am also looking for a job so I can move to Alberta before....

Alberta response
So long as you inform the CIC Visa Office of where you are and how to contact you, then they can inform you of how your application will proceed.

The CIC Visa Office may choose to transfer your application from Buffalo to your home country; however, you should make your initial application to Buffalo as instructed by the AINP Office.

It should be noted that the Canadian visa office in your home country may take a little bit longer to process your permanent residence application, than if all your documentation were submitted to the Buffalo office.

Albertagoverner said:
Hey guys:

I spoke to AINP office and they said that untill we put all your details in our database you will not recieve any file number for H1B SRS PNP processing. Second thing they said that once you recieve PNP certificate and you send your application packet to Buffalo Consulate there is no guarantee that they will process your file OR transfer your file to Home country Canadian consulate.

Has anybody came through such situation where he got PNP Certificate, applied at Buffalo Consulate and Buffalo moved thier file to Home country Canadian Consulate? Please share

I also asked that In case file goes to the Home Country so processing time for That consulate will be applicable or the same as Buffalo would have processed?

In reply they said We don't know specifically but H1B SRS Program have priority in all cases.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
ingegarcia said:
I asked the same question to Alberta around December... see their answer below... It's been 15 days since I sent my application to CIC and I am hoping I can finish the process in USA, but if not then I'll let CIC know that I am moving to my home country and will see what happen...
BTW I am also looking for a job so I can move to Alberta before....

Alberta response
So long as you inform the CIC Visa Office of where you are and how to contact you, then they can inform you of how your application will proceed.

The CIC Visa Office may choose to transfer your application from Buffalo to your home country; however, you should make your initial application to Buffalo as instructed by the AINP Office.

It should be noted that the Canadian visa office in your home country may take a little bit longer to process your permanent residence application, than if all your documentation were submitted to the Buffalo office.

Albertagoverner said:
Hey guys:

I had asked this question to my immigration consultant... the consultant said it did not matter if i moved back
to my home country buffalo can still continue processing only thing is they would have to be notified with
address where to communicate...

secondly thing the consultant said was in the event CIC asks for a personal interview before issuing the PR
then the candidate might have to visit that interview location...

papazcol

Oct 26, 2011
Dear Albertagoverner, ingegarcia, ainpdude;

It's been two years after you posted your question about applying for your Canadian PR at Buffalo and moving to your home country. I am righ now in the same situation (Oct 2011), and I would love to move to Brazil and continue my PR application there. As far as I know consulates don't transfer files or processes, however I was told I could apply directly to my country of citizenship instead, as long as I inform Buffalo about my move and application.

Please share your experience with your application, did you guys move to your country? did you file was transfered... etc?

Thanks, your response is highly appreciated

Papazcol