+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

koolchik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2009
totally agree.....
Based on how it looks right now though, I would say the Jan applicants should raise concern by emailing Ainp IF their nomination does not come by end of 8th month(as per website timeline).

sava

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2012; 11-Jul-2013 (CEC)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-May-2012; 09-SEP-2013 (CEC)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
16-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
13-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
28-Feb-2014 (North Portal, SK)
The following was my query and AINP's response about my File number;

SUB: My File Number

Dear AINP Officer,
It has been 4 months since you have received my application, I'm curious if I have been assigned a file number. I am worried as my friends who have applied in mid April (without Pre-assessment) mentioned that they received their file numbers in June and I am still waiting for mine. Like you have mentione in the previous e-mail, I waited till it was 4 months since I've applied before I wrote to you again. I don't mean to slow you down with my e-mails but I'm just concerned and hope you understand that.

Thanks,
SaVa

Their Reponse,

Hello,

Thank you for your file number. A file number will be assigned once it has been assigned to an officer to process. Processing times can vary greatly due to the number of applications being submitted and the completeness of the applications received. Currently, the AINP is experiencing a high volume of applications in all streams and categories.

Regards,

Alberta Employment and Immigration

They are not even reading the e-mails before reponding to them. I sent them the e-mail on Jul 6th and they responded today wihtout even reading the e-mail. That is the situation in AINP office. By the way my application reached AINP on Mar 6th.

Regards,
Sava

asp1111

Jul 7, 2009
May be they are purposely holding off the processing as the economy is not in good shape,
May be they do not want to have more people coming into their province and burden their social support system(Unemployment benefits etc. which may be similar to here in the US) as most of the applicants do not have any job offers from Alberta Employers,
May be there will be some other reasons why they are not processing.
We really do not have any way to know exactly what is happening there.
All we can do is wait and hope for good things to happen.

OilyAlberta

Jul 10, 2009
sava said:
They are not even reading the e-mails before reponding to them. I sent them the e-mail on Jul 6th and they responded today wihtout even reading the e-mail. That is the situation in AINP office. By the way my application reached AINP on Mar 6th.

Regards,
Sava
Atleast they replied.

My friend applied in January and he send email on July 1st to ask what's going on. They haven't replied till date.

OilyAlberta

Jul 10, 2009
Nobdy is getting nominations....it is so depressing...lets have some fun...

People in US have started to hate H1B guys so much that they have started to write poems about them. I saw this poem on Wall Street Journal:

THE OUSTING OF THE H1-BEE!
(A satire / A jest)

Oh, my ex-job has stolen he!
How I hate that H1-Bee!
And in my anger I sing this ditty
And tell you all my litany!
Now I hate that H1-Bee!

Come now! He is darker than me!
And not deserving of “we the free” …
By what divine decree
Does he rob us of our “dignity”?
Now I hate the H1-Bee!

It does not matter if he’s good
Ethics is not for me to brood!
It’s quite okay to be rude
And make comments lewd
How I hate you, H1-Bee!

Doth not matter for how long
You have been in this country, belong?
“No more Greencard!” That’s my song …
Throw them out, the bloody throng …
How I hate the H1-Bee!

The country has enough worker bees,
And one great Queen … why! Me!
Lock down the Atlantic, the Pacific, the seas!
Leave empty stretches … at peace …
To hell with you … damn H1-Bee!

Oh, how you show me up at work,
You toil away, and I shirk.
Why should you play Spock,
When I can’t be Kirk?
Cut us both some slack, H1-Bee!

Now, I know that I have to retool
And must always keep my cool.
But politics always plays me the fool
And it makes me into an unthinking cruel.
Hence, make me look nice, just leave, H1-Bee.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
OilyAlberta,

I really liked the way you are deriving fun out of the brute reality and accepting it with a smile. This shows what kind of hostile environment we are living in!! Only good thing is that legal/law enforcement in this country is great. See what's happening in Australia.

There is other side of the coin, however. In IT yes, foreigners(H1B's) dominate. But in other fields things are pathetic. If your name sounds Indian, Chinese or Asian do you think you will get an interview call? And that's the reason so many PhD's just rot for decades for peanuts. They can neither go back to their countries nor go beyond from where they are or live here comfortably.

I have examples of bosses less qualified than their subordinates, but then they have "US citizenship" tag. I have seen jobs where they do not get suitably qualified Americans but cannot hire non-citizens who are available in abundance with excess qualifications.

Can I(we) look at Canada for what we are going through? Time has to decide : early PRR and beyond...

-dna

deveshjaitley

Star Member
May 20, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2009
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2009
Nomination.....
12-Dec-2009
vsrao said:
Manny said:
Hi vsrao,
Can you include an "Elapsed days" column after FileRecdDt? This will show the elapsed days from FileRecdDt till "today". May help some folks like me who are bad at counting days ;-)

vsrao said:
Yes you r right
Check to see if the new version is Okay?
VSRao,

you have done a wonderful job with the new sheet and layout. Simply amazing :)

I thank you on behalf of everybody in the forum for devoting your time for this.

Cheers,

DJ

Aliens3

Jul 9, 2009
Albertadude said:
I look at the recent file numbers 3759 and the last known file number to get nomination was 664. hmmmm. Wats AINP doing!!!!!
More number of applications / file numbers , guess thier system/process is under the process of reengineering. I think it takes a while for them to adopt the system to sort out unexpected growth of applications and continue issuing the nominations.

Economic and political influence is the another factor that immigration process can slow down?

Don't keep calling them on file number or nomination process dealy as we already know the answer from them. They will have to think in revising the current process to handle the unexpected calls and emails.

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
I have lost all hope of US immigration. I thought AINP/CIC was much better but I have lost hope there too. I guess it's time to go back to my home country and hope for the best!!!!

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
Albertadude said:
I have lost all hope of US immigration. I thought AINP/CIC was much better but I have lost hope there too. I guess it's time to go back to my home country and hope for the best!!!!
Don't just go to home country rather try to make your country as a great option. This feeling is the reason why finest kind of professionals are treated like a dog in terms of stability and Immigration benefits be it US greenCard or Canada PR. Go Home country with this commitment and plan that "I will create India itself as a best place for techies to live and work. Find out the potential that where most expensive, highly paid contracts are available so you can benefit not only yourself but whole H1B community.

at-80

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Well said above. "East or West home is the best".

Don't give up. Change is constant. And you never know when change might surprise you for good!!!

(By the way, home country can be any country)

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
at-80 said:
Well said above. "East or West home is the best".

Don't give up. Change is constant. And you never know when change might surprise you for good!!!

(By the way, home country can be any country)

Please create interactive dashboards on excel. Instead of user name like deveshjaitley or somethning use color and applicant 1 and applicant 2. Pie chart, bar, graph type clarity should be on spreadsheet