Apr 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And this gentleman?

HOME > ELECTED MEMBERS

Biography for Mr. David H. Xiao (PC)
Contact Information

MLA for Edmonton-McClung

David Xiao was elected to his first term as a Member of the Legislative Assembly for Edmonton-McClung on March 3, 2008. In addition to his role as an MLA Mr. Xiao is the parliamentary assistant for Employment and Immigration and serves as a member of the Cabinet Policy Committee on the Economy.

He has also served on the Standing Committee on Private Bills.

Prior to his election as a Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta, Mr. Xiao was an avid entrepreneur and local businessperson. Mr. Xiao's diverse entrepreneurial experience includes international trade, publishing, commercial real estate investment and marketing.

Dedicated to furthering his education and expanding his horizons, Mr. Xiao has a diploma in geological science from the Beijing Institute of Mining and a bachelor of arts in English literature from the Beijing Second Foreign Language Institute. Mr. Xiao has also studied business through NAIT and economics at the University of Alberta.

Mr. Xiao is active in his community and is a member of the Rotary Club of Edmonton and the Canadian Club of Edmonton. He has served on the board of directors of the YMCA and the Edmonton Chinese Garden Society.

Mr. Xiao lives in Edmonton with his wife, Alice, and his sons, Allen and Andrew.

Mr. Xiao is a tea connoisseur. Collecting clay tea pots and cooking are his main hobbies.

February 12, 2009

Legislative Assembly of Alberta
For technical questions or comments concerning this website contact
webmaster@assembly.ab.ca

koolguyme

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
ratty76 said:
Just talked to someone in Alberta immigration department. I explained it to that person that I applied in Jan & got file number in March and was really hoping to get the nomination by end of July before this shocking email of premium processing appeared in my Inbox. I told that person that I have also initiated the PCC few days back. So that person explained that there is no impact to any application by recent email communication as it's just that they are asking all candidates to provide info if they have found any employer in Alberta so that their case can be expedited to get them work permit also in parallel.

That person also briefly told me that there may be some delay (instead of 4 months) but it will not be that much as the department has promised to Minister of Alberta to clear most of the cases by September.

Hoping for the best.
Ratty 76,

In your first post dated April 12, you said you did not receive file number. In this second post, you are saying you received file number in March. Which one to believe???

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Thanks for sharing this good piece of info. Obviously folks in the Canadian depts are feeling the heat due to the delays in AINP.

ratty76 said:
Just talked to someone in Alberta immigration department. I explained it to that person that I applied in Jan & got file number in March and was really hoping to get the nomination by end of July before this shocking email of premium processing appeared in my Inbox. I told that person that I have also initiated the PCC few days back. So that person explained that there is no impact to any application by recent email communication as it's just that they are asking all candidates to provide info if they have found any employer in Alberta so that their case can be expedited to get them work permit also in parallel.

That person also briefly told me that there may be some delay (instead of 4 months) but it will not be that much as the department has promised to Minister of Alberta to clear most of the cases by September.

Hoping for the best.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
koolguyme said:
ratty76 said:

Hoping for the best.

Ratty 76,

In your first post dated April 12, you said you did not receive file number. In this second post, you are saying you received file number in March. Which one to believe???

Good work Koolguyme. I would take the info from ratty with a pinch of salt.

ratty76

Apr 12, 2009
Folks,

Sorry for the confusion as received couple of messages regarding my file number timelines.

Yes, I didn't received the file number when I posted my first message in April 09. I moved in to new place in May 09 and sent request to Alberta immigration regarding the address change & also mentioned in my email to them that I never got the file number. So their response was that they sent me the file number in mid March 09 and it may have gone to the bulk mail. They provided me the file number as 09-9xx.

Hope the above clarifies the confusion.

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
ratty76 said:
Folks,

Sorry for the confusion as received couple of messages regarding my file number timelines.

Yes, I didn't received the file number when I posted my first message in April 09. I moved in to new place in May 09 and sent request to Alberta immigration regarding the address change & also mentioned in my email to them that I never got the file number. So their response was that they sent me the file number in mid March 09 and it may have gone to the bulk mail. They provided me the file number as 09-9xx.

Hope the above clarifies the confusion.
Thanks, ratty!

jimmyz500

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
Med's Request
31-01-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011
Hey guys, I'm new to the "waiting for AINP" party, it's really good to find other people in the same boat as you.

The following is my info:

app filed: 2/12/09
app rcvd: 3/23/09
file# rcvd: 6/25/09
file#: 14xx

Good luck to everyone and hope the delay doesn't get too bad.

-jimmy

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
jimmyz500 said:
Hey guys, I'm new to the "waiting for AINP" party, it's really good to find other people in the same boat as you.

The following is my info:

app filed: 2/12/09
app rcvd: 3/23/09
file# rcvd: 6/25/09
file#: 14xx

Good luck to everyone and hope the delay doesn't get too bad.

-jimmy
Jimmy

Did it took 39 days to reach your application? or was there any query and you submitted the missing document on 3/23/09?
Are you under old process?
What is your NOC code?

Thanks for sharing the timeline

jimmyz500

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
Med's Request
31-01-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011
I had a lawyer file the paperwork for me because I had too many things going on at the time. I was surprised to see the long time it took for Alberta to receive the application too when I got the file# confirmation email, suspect my papers were filed a little later then my lawyers had said. I think they had me under 2171 in the new process.

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
well someone got nomination today. I think it was nick_s and his file number was 66X. 14XX is gonna be a long wait by the look of things!!!!

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Guys,
I think AINP is still working hard.
They are still issuing new file number, that means they are working to finish the nomination also.

Keep Praying..
The end of July will be our nomination !!

yo

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Nope this is not a recent nomination in July - nick_s got the nomination on June 6: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ainp-applications-received-at-alberta-office-after-jan-15old-process-t14944.0.html;msg99033#msg99033

Albertadude said:
well someone got nomination today. I think it was nick_s and his file number was 66X. 14XX is gonna be a long wait by the look of things!!!!