+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

kaynn

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Hello, received a letter to apply for Prra and am yet to apply but I applied for work permit and it’s coming to 2 months haven’t got a letter of extension,any idea what to do because have to work to support my one year old. Thanks

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hello, received a letter to apply for Prra and am yet to apply but I applied for work permit and it’s coming to 2 months haven’t got a letter of extension,any idea what to do because have to work to support my one year old. Thanks
The wait is long because of your status. Apply for prra and see how it will go on.
They probably don't want to go on because they ain't sure about you moving forward with other applications to stay. So do the prra and see what goes on.
If you have spoken to your employer and are willing to keep you working that's helpful too. I once was on implied status and my employer kicked me out no matter the explanation I gave them.
I am waiting for my interview with CBSA but have already told my supervisor about the whole thing

kaynn

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
The wait is long because of your status. Apply for prra and see how it will go on.
They probably don't want to go on because they ain't sure about you moving forward with other applications to stay. So do the prra and see what goes on.
If you have spoken to your employer and are willing to keep you working that's helpful too. I once was on implied status and my employer kicked me out no matter the explanation I gave them.
I am waiting for my interview with CBSA but have already told my supervisor about the whole thing
thanks for the reply so my wait could be btn 3-6months? Minus work?

Reactions: naaka