+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
You actually didn’t which is why I was asking for examples in case I wasn’t aware of something.
And i replied to your comment ! go to the federal supreme court website and you will find maaaaaaannnyyyy cases PRRA, asylum, H&C....for people from all around the world and yess also from developped countries, US citizens, european citizens, australians, japanese, koreans

Last edited:

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Guys I am seeing information on ITNs and business accounts etc...can/should we be filing taxes for mum who is a visitor? In the ITN it asks for her foreign address, but she doesnt have one anymore..can I put the Canada address as her place of residence since shes been here for 2 years? She has not worked but is interested to start her own small business from home..but should we open a business registeration etc right now and leave it empty with 0 income?Isn't it illegal to work though and receive any money etc for it? Though ive seen people do it and it was a positive factor for them...very interesting.
Guys can anyone pls provide further information on this ITN and taxes etc? If all the adult children are working and will continue supporting her, and she wants to start her own business but just waiting for the status, what should we do? Should she still start working unofficially to show financial stability (but its illegal) ? Or otherwise how much does one show in the applicant's own savings account to be considered stable??(wouldnt it be safer to show savings? but what is a good number?)

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hello friends,

after almost 5 months since COPR, my partner's PR card finally arrived today. I thank everyone who has shared their knowledge here over the past years, and I hope my brief presence here has also brought someone some value. Good luck to everyone and here is his final timeline:

2015 - lost status
April 2019 - applied 1st HC
July 2019 - applied PRRA to delay deportation
July 2020 - refused 1st HC and PRRA
October 2020 - 2nd HC submitted
February 2021 - 2nd HC refused
April 16, 2021 - 3rd HC submitted (without lawyers!)
May 2021 - almost got deported but CBSA granted administrative deferral
May 5th, 2021 - AOR
May 7th, 2021 - Biometrics request
May 10th, 2021 - Biometrics done
May 18th, 2021 - AIP and request for police certificate, right of PR fee and financial docs
May 21st, 2021 - all requested documents provided to BRO
May 27th, 2021 - medicals requested for him and all non-accompanying kids abroad
June 4th, 2021 - medicals completed
June 8th, 2021 - medicals received by IRCC
September 27, 2021 - COPR
February 21, 2022 - PR card! Finally!!!
Congratulations

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hello friends,

after almost 5 months since COPR, my partner's PR card finally arrived today. I thank everyone who has shared their knowledge here over the past years, and I hope my brief presence here has also brought someone some value. Good luck to everyone and here is his final timeline:

2015 - lost status
April 2019 - applied 1st HC
July 2019 - applied PRRA to delay deportation
July 2020 - refused 1st HC and PRRA
October 2020 - 2nd HC submitted
February 2021 - 2nd HC refused
April 16, 2021 - 3rd HC submitted (without lawyers!)
May 2021 - almost got deported but CBSA granted administrative deferral
May 5th, 2021 - AOR
May 7th, 2021 - Biometrics request
May 10th, 2021 - Biometrics done
May 18th, 2021 - AIP and request for police certificate, right of PR fee and financial docs
May 21st, 2021 - all requested documents provided to BRO
May 27th, 2021 - medicals requested for him and all non-accompanying kids abroad
June 4th, 2021 - medicals completed
June 8th, 2021 - medicals received by IRCC
September 27, 2021 - COPR
February 21, 2022 - PR card! Finally!!!
When they say everyone has their own story/luck/destiny
Congratulations
Do you come from a third country or not?

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don’t think that is clear to most people asking about applying for PPRA. Most are asking whether they will be granted PPRA and aren’t realizing it is to only buy time. You may be knowledgeable about immigration but most are not which is why they are on the forum.
@canuck78 I am going to tell you one thing and I will say it as nicely as possible because when I first posted my story in 2019 you were the only VIP member who did not descend to a level or personal insult and just simply stated your opinion that we have no chance of approval. So thanks for that.

I noted a general trend in your posts that you tend to see opportunities for refusal more than opportunities for approval. I think that is a very good trait for certain professions like financial risk management, disaster planning etc. I just want to draw it to your attention that this group of users is probably the most vulnerable emotionally - for years, we are fighting for status, likely deportation, cash-in-hand jobs, stress, depression, suicide intentions etc. I am just asking you to think, before posting, what can an emotionally distressed person do when they read your post? Just a few words can have a big impact on person's life and it is up to you what impact you want to have on them.

Thanks for reading and best wishes to you

Faithyfay

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Thank you! PR card took the longest of all steps for us. 5 months! We had to send emails to Portal every 2 weeks and I even sent a webform. I think webform may have helped because I got it 5 business days after the webform response.
Well
I know but you know what am just so thankful am at the end already got ecopr am so grateful

Thank you! PR card took the longest of all steps for us. 5 months! We had to send emails to Portal every 2 weeks and I even sent a webform. I think webform may have helped because I got it 5 business days after the webform response.

Faithyfay

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
@canuck78 I am going to tell you one thing and I will say it as nicely as possible because when I first posted my story in 2019 you were the only VIP member who did not descend to a level or personal insult and just simply stated your opinion that we have no chance of approval. So thanks for that.

I noted a general trend in your posts that you tend to see opportunities for refusal more than opportunities for approval. I think that is a very good trait for certain professions like financial risk management, disaster planning etc. I just want to draw it to your attention that this group of users is probably the most vulnerable emotionally - for years, we are fighting for status, likely deportation, cash-in-hand jobs, stress, depression, suicide intentions etc. I am just asking you to think, before posting, what can an emotionally distressed person do when they read your post? Just a few words can have a big impact on person's life and it is up to you what impact you want to have on them.

Thanks for reading and best wishes to you
Well said

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys can anyone pls provide further information on this ITN and taxes etc? If all the adult children are working and will continue supporting her, and she wants to start her own business but just waiting for the status, what should we do? Should she still start working unofficially to show financial stability (but its illegal) ? Or otherwise how much does one show in the applicant's own savings account to be considered stable??(wouldnt it be safer to show savings? but what is a good number?)
Wait for others to respond, however I do not think that it is a good idea for her to work illegally. If she has savings, then she should certainly show this. You and your siblings can also show your income and your savings as a way of showing financial support for your mother. That is my two cents but definitely wait for others to answer.

Bijays

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Hi Friends, today CBSA sent letter asking to attend for an interview for phone enrolment. They have asked us to bring phone bill with address, name and number on it. @Ayanna @Katayoon - any idea what’s gonna be there? Is it normal CBSA procedure or something else? We received AIP on January. Please share your ideas.

Reactions: Naz786 and Katayoon

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Wait for others to respond, however I do not think that it is a good idea for her to work illegally. If she has savings, then she should certainly show this. You and your siblings can also show your income and your savings as a way of showing financial support for your mother. That is my two cents but definitely wait for others to answer.
Yes i agree on that too..I feel like if she starts working now, there is no point (wouldve atleast made sense if she was doing it for many years supporting herself or something..still illegal but serves a purpose in those cases I guess) how much is a good amount of savings?

Last edited: