H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello friends,

after almost 5 months since COPR, my partner's PR card finally arrived today. I thank everyone who has shared their knowledge here over the past years, and I hope my brief presence here has also brought someone some value. Good luck to everyone and here is his final timeline:

2015 - lost status
April 2019 - applied 1st HC
July 2019 - applied PRRA to delay deportation
July 2020 - refused 1st HC and PRRA
October 2020 - 2nd HC submitted
February 2021 - 2nd HC refused
April 16, 2021 - 3rd HC submitted (without lawyers!)
May 2021 - almost got deported but CBSA granted administrative deferral
May 5th, 2021 - AOR
May 7th, 2021 - Biometrics request
May 10th, 2021 - Biometrics done
May 18th, 2021 - AIP and request for police certificate, right of PR fee and financial docs
May 21st, 2021 - all requested documents provided to BRO
May 27th, 2021 - medicals requested for him and all non-accompanying kids abroad
June 4th, 2021 - medicals completed
June 8th, 2021 - medicals received by IRCC
September 27, 2021 - COPR
February 21, 2022 - PR card! Finally!!!
Congrats !

• Love
Reactions: Katayoon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think there is a confusion of terms here. When we advise @BigTony to request PRRA, the suggestion is simply to *apply* for PRRA, that is - fill the application forms and by doing so automatically defer his deportation, since it will take 6-12 months to get refusal letter. Until then, he cannot be deported. Many of us have used this "loophole" to buy time until our HCs have been decided. I don't think anybody here is reasonably expecting that he will get his PRRA approved at the end and become a protected person in Canada. We heard from limited evidence that PRRA approval rate has never exceeded 5% even in best years.
No country is disqualified from *applying*.
Don’t think that is clear to most people asking about applying for PPRA. Most are asking whether they will be granted PPRA and aren’t realizing it is to only buy time. You may be knowledgeable about immigration but most are not which is why they are on the forum.

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hello friends,

after almost 5 months since COPR, my partner's PR card finally arrived today. I thank everyone who has shared their knowledge here over the past years, and I hope my brief presence here has also brought someone some value. Good luck to everyone and here is his final timeline:

2015 - lost status
May 5th, 2021 - AOR
May 18th, 2021 - AIP and request for police certificate, right of PR fee and financial docs
May 27th, 2021 - medicals requested for him and all non-accompanying kids abroad
@Katayoon, a big congrats to you and your partner. The journey is finally over. You worked so hard for it and God perfected it all. Well done dear

lonesheep93

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi Guys

I am new to this page, but have been following you great people for some time. I need help with my situation as I am still about to apply for H&C. I am living in Canada since 2012, have been out of status since 2016, working and going back to school at york university. I completed a diplima in 2013, but not able to find job, because of luck and my mental health. I know my situation is a hot mess, but I dont if I have any chances in immigration. I was born and raised in Oman , and only lived 2 months of my 28 years of life time in Bangladesh. Please help me guys.

Reactions: Fayamufi

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi Guys

I am new to this page, but have been following you great people for some time. I need help with my situation as I am still about to apply for H&C. I am living in Canada since 2012, have been out of status since 2016, working and going back to school at york university. I completed a diplima in 2013, but not able to find job, because of luck and my mental health. I know my situation is a hot mess, but I dont if I have any chances in immigration. I was born and raised in Oman , and only lived 2 months of my 28 years of life time in Bangladesh. Please help me guys.
I don't know why you didn't restore your status before, but of course you still have chances and your chances are very big i think, because you don't have any relation with Bangladesh, i don't think you have Omani citizenship because gulf countries generally don't naturalise people, your mental health situation can be positive, your diploma and also your work, if you worked illegally it can also be positive or maybe negative it depends on the officer, better to pay taes if you have SIN or ITN.... try to explain the impact of bad conditions in your countries with articles, an reports, reports and proofs from social worker or psychologist about your mental health situation or even articles from web, proofs of your establishment like your diploma,letters from friends or family, pictures, volunteer work, your bills, bank account, you should of course explain why you didn't regularize your status before.
I advice you to work with a good immigration lawyer

Last edited:

Bikiy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hello friends,

2015 - lost status
May 5th, 2021 - AOR
Whaoo!!!! Congrats @katayoon.happy for your family.

• Love
Reactions: Naz786 and Katayoon

lonesheep93

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thanks for you wonderful suggestion @wello711 I was unable to resotre my status in 2016 because I had severe anxiety and depression issue for which was unable to seek help. I was tring to get back to school, but lack of funds made it impossible my dad is a farmer, so I was working to save money for my tution, and I finally got offer letter from york Uni in 2018, but again took break beacuse of my mental health in 2020, now I saving and helping family back home I have a younger sister who is 12 and back home I am worried about her future too, because my dad is about to retire this year from his job. I have a lawyer, but I dont know if she is good enough I feel like I am walking on egg shells when asking suggestion. I am an introvert and had only 3 friends including my younger brother. My lawyer told me to get letter from my coworker, but its hard for me to ask. I feel the if i apply the ircc officer will think because of my lack of connection that i am not genuine.

Faithyfay

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
PRRA application is a paper package and is normally handed by CBSA in person at your interview. So they will decide when to hand it to you, from which date you will have 15 days to file application. Normally, this happens after you lost status and they called you to pre-removal interview. If you are eligible for PRRA (meaning you do not have 12-month bar after your negative refugee decision), and tell your life will be in danger, they will usually hand out PRRA package. Especially if you have outstanding HC, they may offer it themselves to help you buy time (like in our case).
CONGRATULATIONS ME AM WAITING FOR MY PR CARD AS WELL

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
no you need pcc for H&c when she get her Aip then you have submitted background check form everything country been in last 10 years
If someone is here inside canada for last TEN year, still she/he have to submit police clearance certificate??
If not then why niagara falls processing center asking for it??

Last edited:
Reactions: Naz786

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Applying to buy time is very different then applying with a chance of approval. Applying from the US has no chance of approval except for very rare circumstances like in cases where the death penalty may be a possibility. If people are asking about chances of PPRA I assume (as would anybody) they want to know whether they have a chance of being approved.
my friend Calm down You need to stop drinking too much
You should ask the CBSA officer why they’re offering those countries We are here to share thoughts we are law bidding people
Please leave us alone

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my friend Calm down You need to stop drinking too much
You should ask the CBSA officer why they’re offering those countries We are here to share thoughts we are law bidding people
Please leave us alone
You disagreed on my comment that US residents are unlikely to get PPRA from the US which is a correct statement. They may be offered the chance to apply but they will never get approved for PPRA. Still would be pretty unusual to be able to apply for PPRA as a US citizen. Although many of us are knowledgeable about how rare getting approved for PPRA is many on this forum are not. Many would not know when you are suggesting PPRA it isn’t to secure PR it is to buy time. It is fair constructive criticism and defending why my statement wasn’t incorrect.

Reactions: Lexus2021