+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
no you don’t only 10 years passed
They will do background check themselves also on you I mean security check
So then the website is incorrect? So I should proceed with the Middle East PCC where she has been since the age of 21 and then can upload the Pakistan one later if they request?

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hi, I submitted my H&C application in November and received AOR in January. Now I received a letter two days ago for CBSA interview.

My refugee claim was denied in September 21 and I filed for H & C as we have a child.

My question is what questions will they ask me at this interview and will they deport us? Our application is only 4 months old for H& C so how do we buy time?
This is weird! Did you not appeal the negative decision? If you did not appeal the negative decision, this is the only reason CBSA will come after you after the 15 days grace.

But since you are at this point now, you have to go for the interview and answer their questions but just stay calm and explain your situation. Take along your kid(s) and any other documents to show them your are already established in Canada.

Let me add that do not say yes or no if they ask if you will leave the country when told to do so; just simply say you are law abiding and you will respect whatever the law of the land says. They like to be respected so, show lots of courtesy.

I wish you the very best.

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Guys I am seeing information on ITNs and business accounts etc...can/should we be filing taxes for mum who is a visitor? In the ITN it asks for her foreign address, but she doesnt have one anymore..can I put the Canada address as her place of residence since shes been here for 2 years? She has not worked but is interested to start her own small business from home..but should we open a business registeration etc right now and leave it empty with 0 income?Isn't it illegal to work though and receive any money etc for it? Though ive seen people do it and it was a positive factor for them...very interesting.

Last edited:

CanadianMom

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
This is weird! Did you not appeal the negative decision? If you did not appeal the negative decision, this is the only reason CBSA will come after you after the 15 days grace.

But since you are at this point now, you have to go for the interview and answer their questions but just stay calm and explain your situation. Take along your kid(s) and any other documents to show them your are already established in Canada.

Let me add that do not say yes or no if they ask if you will leave the country when told to do so; just simply say you are law abiding and you will respect whatever the law of the land says. They like to be respected so, show lots of courtesy.

I wish you the very best.
Thank you for the response. Yes we did not appeal we went straight for H & C I will take the documents that show establishment in Canada for the interview, I pray it works out for us so they allow us to stay and buy time till we get our H & C application approved.

Reactions: Fayamufi

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question

Can you apply for PRRA without a notice from CBSA than you can apply to do so while your deportation is take in place after refusal of application that caused lose of status ?

I read in IRCC website you can only apply for PRRA once CBSA notified you to apply for it. Guys please share some thoughts about it.

Thank u
PRRA application is a paper package and is normally handed by CBSA in person at your interview. So they will decide when to hand it to you, from which date you will have 15 days to file application. Normally, this happens after you lost status and they called you to pre-removal interview. If you are eligible for PRRA (meaning you do not have 12-month bar after your negative refugee decision), and tell your life will be in danger, they will usually hand out PRRA package. Especially if you have outstanding HC, they may offer it themselves to help you buy time (like in our case).

Last edited:

Patt garcia

Jul 20, 2021
Hello! This is me again, I have a question regarding the time processing for the CSQ.
I submitted my H&C application on august 10 2021 and I got the AIP on August 31, 2021,. The second stage was approved on October and i had to write to Niagara to remind them about the CSQ and they did the submission, on December I sent all the documents I was requested by MIFI and i am just waiting for the CSQ to get the coPR because an agent for Niagara told me that !! MIFI don’t answer me and I am still in process for the CSQ since December! Does anyone here knows what’s the timeline to get the CSQ?
Thank you so much

Love101

Feb 8, 2022
The fastest
Hello! This is me again, I have a question regarding the time processing for the CSQ.
I submitted my H&C application on august 10 2021 and I got the AIP on August 31, 2021,. The second stage was approved on October and i had to write to Niagara to remind them about the CSQ and they did the submission, on December I sent all the documents I was requested by MIFI and i am just waiting for the CSQ to get the coPR because an agent for Niagara told me that !! MIFI don’t answer me and I am still in process for the CSQ since December! Does anyone here knows what’s the timeline to get the CSQ?
Thank you so much
The fastest application I've seen!
May I know on what grounds your H&C application based on?

Hopefully you get the CSQ really soon.
All the best

Reactions: Patt garcia

Patt garcia

Jul 20, 2021
The fastest

The fastest application I've seen!
May I know on what grounds your H&C application based on?

Hopefully you get the CSQ really soon.
All the best
My case was very vulnerable and I had all the documents I was ask for.

i was under sponsorship but it was a breakdown regarding domestic violence and we had a child who is Canadian citizen, I came to study here 6years ago and I was working already. So it was under the basis of family violence, best interests of the child, establishment, I have the custody of my kid, and lots of documents supporting the abuse (police report, hospital report, shelters) etc. Soooo, yes.. it was fast!! But its a really vulnerable situation

thank you so much! The best for you too :)

Reactions: Taweda and Love101

Love101

Feb 8, 2022
My case was very vulnerable and I had all the documents I was ask for.

i was under sponsorship but it was a breakdown regarding domestic violence and we had a child who is Canadian citizen, I came to study here 6years ago and I was working already. So it was under the basis of family violence, best interests of the child, establishment, I have the custody of my kid, and lots of documents supporting the abuse (police report, hospital report, shelters) etc. Soooo, yes.. it was fast!! But its a really vulnerable situation

thank you so much! The best for you too :)
Very understandable!
Thanks and thanks again for shedding light on that, even when you don't have to.

I pray the CSQ come sooner.

Regards,

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Thank you so much
Hi I am waiting since september, and called them and they said still in process, there is no time limit so we have to wait.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

after almost 5 months since COPR, my partner's PR card finally arrived today. I thank everyone who has shared their knowledge here over the past years, and I hope my brief presence here has also brought someone some value. Good luck to everyone and here is his final timeline:

2015 - lost status
April 2019 - applied 1st HC
July 2019 - applied PRRA to delay deportation
July 2020 - refused 1st HC and PRRA
October 2020 - 2nd HC submitted
February 2021 - 2nd HC refused
April 16, 2021 - 3rd HC submitted (without lawyers!)
May 2021 - almost got deported but CBSA granted administrative deferral
May 5th, 2021 - AOR
May 7th, 2021 - Biometrics request
May 10th, 2021 - Biometrics done
May 18th, 2021 - AIP and request for police certificate, right of PR fee and financial docs
May 21st, 2021 - all requested documents provided to BRO
May 27th, 2021 - medicals requested for him and all non-accompanying kids abroad
June 4th, 2021 - medicals completed
June 8th, 2021 - medicals received by IRCC
September 27, 2021 - COPR
February 21, 2022 - PR card! Finally!!!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Lawyers always tells you what u want to hear, even when they know those things are not possible. They all have one thing in mind, how to get money off you. There is no harm in trying. It is the officer that handle you case that has the final say. The lawyer knows that too. But God can use the officer to favour you.
Lawyers can’t recommend that you do illegal things like work under the table although they know it is an option.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
see this is the problem those people don’t understand that we already have experience with PRRA
I personally apply PRRA in 2017 to buy time I know it sure they will refuse me but luckily I got accepted
we only talk about experience
Thank you @Katayon clarify this message to the people
Applying to buy time is very different then applying with a chance of approval. Applying from the US has no chance of approval except for very rare circumstances like in cases where the death penalty may be a possibility. If people are asking about chances of PPRA I assume (as would anybody) they want to know whether they have a chance of being approved.

Reactions: Naz786