+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
hi @bella12 may i know what was the email !?
they just informed you that the file has been sent to a decision-maker, that's all?
Nope !... They noted that I did forget to sign the generic form. I was asked to sign it and send it back to them via mail, or email or fax. I will be using email to send it to them. Also, I will be using this opportunity to update them about my current circumstance as well.. I have been wanting to do it for some time but I have been a bit lazy.

This is a perfect time and opportunity to update IRCC so that the assigned IRCC officer to my file can get to see it because I know it will get her attention

Reactions: Bikiy and wello711

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Nope !... They noted that I did forget to sign the generic form. I was asked to sign it and send it back to them via mail, or email or fax. I will be using email to send it to them. Also, I will be using this opportunity to update them about my current circumstance as well.. I have been wanting to do it for some time but I have been a bit lazy.

This is a perfect time and opportunity so that the assigned IRCC officer to my file can get to see it because I know it will get her attention
good idea ! my i know how many pages do you have in your file ? especially in your principal cover letter ?
I want to know if the processing times can vary depending on the size of the file or not.
i have the same question about your old application, if you don't minde

Reactions: Bikiy

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
good idea ! my i know how many pages do you have in your file ? especially in your principal cover letter ?
I want to know if the processing times can vary depending on the size of the file or not.
i have the same question about your old application, if you don't minde
The total number of pages for my cover letter was about 20 pages. ..It sounds a lot but is not... Remember that the cover letter is meant to be used to answer questions 3-8 in the supplementary form and I also have to address some concerns IRCC noted in my previous application. I have to address it as well.

I broke down my cover letter into different sections :

1) Introduction
2) My background
3) My response to IRCC decision ( I use this section to address some of the things IRCC officer noted in my previous application( e.g documents that were missing, concerns noted, etc)
4) I use this section to answer questions 3-8 from the supplementary form...(one page for each question)
5) Conclusion (i.e closing paragraph/statement)

My evidence/supporting documents is between 200- 250 pages. I ensure that everything I have written in my cover letter and claim is backed with evidence/support documents that leave no room for doubt and can easily be verified.

In summary, the volume of documents I submitted is a lot

Last edited:

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
The total number of pages for my cover letter was about 20 pages. ..It sounds a lot but is not... Remember that the cover letter is meant to be used to answer questions 3-8 in the supplementary form.

I broke down my cover letter into different sections

1) Introduction
2) My background
3) My response to IRCC decision ( I use this section to address some of the things IRCC officer noted in my previous application( e.g documents that were missing, concerns noted, etc)
4) I use this section to answer questions 3-8 from the supplementary form...(one page for each question)
5) Conclusion (i.e closing paragraph/statement)

My evidence/supporting documents is between 200- 250 pages. I ensure that everything I have written in my cover letter and claim is backed with evidence/support documents that leave no room for doubt and can easily be verified. In summary, the documents I submitted was a lot
great ! i also have around 20 or 25 pages in my cover letter

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

This is a perfect time and opportunity to update IRCC so that the assigned IRCC officer to my file can get to see it because I know it will get her attention
It was nice of her/him to give you a chance to sign it. I know a few folks who had their entire packages mailed back to them a month or more later because they forgot to sign passport pictures or forms. They had to reapply.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[

I’m thinking maybe my letter was too short.
Don't worry. There is no golden rule when it comes to HC because it's all unique and case-by-case. My letter was 6 pages only and it was enough to get AIP. Our previous two HCs had 20-page cover letters written by two different lawyers and both got rejected. It's all about substance and logical flow. If you conveyed all your arguments effectively, that is all that matters.Good luck

LAStudent

Oct 2, 2021
It can’t be too much and it can’t be too little. Or cases are different and if you make any claim, you must provide all supporting documents. It doesn’t mean it will be accepted if it’s less pages or it will be rejected if it’s more.

It all depend on officer and your argument.
I got letters of reference by 20ish people and all my family members wrote 5 pages long letter as well. I think it was enough for 2 arguments I had.

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
[

I’m thinking maybe my letter was too short.
What you just need is a comprehensive and detailed cover note , that will give a clear insight on you situation and why you think it will be best ,if you will be given opportunity to remain in Canada. When your cover is too long, it gives a lot of room to contradict yourself. The more simple, the better.

Moyo711

Aug 8, 2018
Hello,

Hope all is well with everyone.

The judge that looked at my appeal agreed with me.
What is the next step in the process if anyone knows? Does the decision get sent back to the department that denied me?

Reactions: Fayamufi