+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
Yes it will go back to IRCC to a differrent officer for reconsideration. You can add additional proofs at this stage. @Fayamufi is in the same boat as you and got lots of tips this week on this forum.
Which province you live ??

wow, we both are on the same page. I wish you all the best.

my lawyer said i can not help you with anything i should look for another lawyer, i tried calling so many lawyers, but none of them ready to help me. I know updates doesnt fullfill their needs.
They want to big packages, even i met i met one lawyer and he said he will charge me 8k he will file a new one. And he charge me 250$ + consultant fee.
Before you talk to any lawyer for anything, even you ask how much you will charge me for update my H&C, they will say pay our consultation fees first....what are you fckin serious.
Now this lawyer become a big hit business. More ppl arrive more funds go into their pockets.
Cheaters.
I always tell everyone i will pay you with LEGAL AID.
Anyone living in Ontario canada should go with Legal Aid, never ever pay these poor people cash. Let them deal with LEGAL AID. Why should we sell our organ and fill their stomach..

Maittu

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
Hello everyone,
Please I will like to ask some questions.
1)Can I apply for ccb after receiving AIP
2) Can I apply for OHIP after AIP.
thank you

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
You are raising a key point @Carlos chuks - the officer is the key. Our first HC was rejected in Montreal in July 2020.

In September 2020, We changed lawyer and sent it for reconsideration, which was essentially an entirely new application with new cover letter and new evidence. It went to the same officer in Montreal and she refused it again: she reprinted her rejection letter from July 2020 word for word and even kept the original date on it (July 2020).

In April 2021, I took the 2nd HC, translated everything into English word for word and sent it again to Vancouver. I did not even bother changing English evidence: just reprinted everything from 2nd file. And guess what? It got AIP. These 2nd and 3rd HCs were absolutely identical, except that one was in French and another in English (and I replaced lawyer's cover letter with my own cover letter), one went to Montreal officer and another one stayed with Vancouver officer. Yes, officer does matter. More than we could possibly think.
Yeah , the officer matters, but your cover letter was also instrumental in throwing more light to what the former officer ignored to acknowledge. So these 2 things are very important in any case.

Reactions: Bikiy and Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you tell me how to or where to send my documents throw webnr, can you guide me, i will do it by my self. Because none of lawyer taking my case. I will send my updated by my self
Yes you just have to prepare your submission as one single pdf file, ideally (cover letter + all proofs) and attach it to this webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

It is fairly straightforward to fill - you will need your UCI, app number, type of application.

don't forget to mention in your cover letter that this is to support your reconsideration after a successful JR. And you have to mark clearly previous agent's refusal grounds and what proofs you offer to respond to those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fayamufi and Bikiy

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
I sent the CSQ copies via the processing email but never received any response from my officer. Although the call centre agent confirmed that they received it when I called 1 week later. It doesn’t look like he/she likes to reply to emails.
I will talk to my lawyer to send an email

You don't need to notify IRCC about your CSQ. They would let IRCC know you were accepted by Quebec

Reactions: SweetQueen

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
You don't need to notify IRCC about your CSQ. They would let IRCC know you were accepted by Quebec
@MelJohn, I called IRCC after 1 month and the agent said they have not received it, so I had to send scanned copies to them.
I then called 1 week later and they confirmed receipt.
Not sure if from me or MIFI, the important thing is that they now have it.
Sometimes they forget to do the right thing.
Thanks my friend for your response.

Reactions: MelJohn and Latin40

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Your application will be sent back for reconsideration, there is a chance that it will go back to the same officer or maybe not .You need to clarify and counter all the reasons the officer gave for the refusal. But most importantly , just pray and believe it will go to a good and considerate officer, that will be more compassionate to your case.
It will NEVER go to same officer. It’s a rule. A completely different officer will be assigned who will check all point raised at the appeal to take a decision. You have very good chance to add new support documents and update your narrative. You have to listen to your tape consistently to remind yourself the responses you had given on every point in the last hearing.

I wish you the very best.