+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Anyone have any experience from H&C refused to leave / judicial review grant from federal court ??

if yes, then i want to know what is the next step.

when you application grant by judge and referred back to immigration office for re consideration.
Plz share your experience.
Thanks
It will go back into the system with a different officer. It’s a higher chance of getting approval as the office has to consider the Judge notes. You can send in updated information too. May I ask when did you submit your JR and how long it took for you to get an answer?

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
It will go back into the system with a different officer. It’s a higher chance of getting approval as the office has to consider the Judge notes. You can send in updated information too. May I ask when did you submit your JR and how long it took for you to get an answer?
Yes sure,

i applied JR end of july 2020 and then my leave got grant march 2021 and then federal hearing was on 04th October 2021, and then I received grant letterlast week.

ok,where to send update notes, and what should i write or submit. Should i do this right now, or wait for any letter from immigration?
If i send my notes, where do i need to send these notes. What reference should i write on envelope. As per my previous submit application UCI says on immigration website decisions made.
i am so much confused, i have no idea what to do now.
My previous lawyer is not doing any filings due to her health condition. He said goto another lawyer.

that is it.
If anyone can findout please share with me.
Thanks alot

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes sure,

i applied JR end of july 2020 and then my leave got grant march 2021 and then federal hearing was on 04th October 2021, and then I received grant letterlast week.

ok,where to send update notes, and what should i write or submit. Should i do this right now, or wait for any letter from immigration?
If i send my notes, where do i need to send these notes. What reference should i write on envelope. As per my previous submit application UCI says on immigration website decisions made.
i am so much confused, i have no idea what to do now.
My previous lawyer is not doing any filings due to her health condition. He said goto another lawyer.

that is it.
If anyone can findout please share with me.
Thanks alot
You can send everything to Vancouver again (like you sent initial HC) - either by mail, email or webform (attaching package as pdf). You write a cover letter explaining that your JR was granted reconsideration and that these are your additional proofs for your application number XXXX and UCI XXXX. And you attach those proofs (Like new baby born, additional reference letters from community, new/better job letter etc.)

I strongly recommend online submission for faster processing - our lawyer did everything via webform and it was very efficient.

I would do this asap because your package should arrive before new officer makes decision.

good luck!

Last edited:

MANU07

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Just a general message confirming that processing started. It will stay same until final decision is made on your application. Background is criminality and security checks.
how long background checks process takes, I called today its same message ?

Reactions: R Brar

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how long background checks process takes, I called today its same message ?
This Message will stay the same until final decision is made on your file. Could take anything from a few weeks to a year or even more - depends on your background, how many countries you have lived in etc.

Reactions: Fayamufi and MANU07

MANU07

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
This Message will stay the same until final decision is made on your file. Could take anything from a few weeks to a year or even more - depends on your background, how many countries you have lived in etc.
hopefully soon, living in Canada from last 10 year.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
@Katayoon

IRCC sent me an email few min ago. I think my application has been assigned to an officer because I notice the name of the officer at the end of the email. I was told to respond to their request either via fax or email or mail.

I guess my question here is....."Which of the 3 options would you suggest is the "best" medium to respond to IRCC ?"... I just want to make sure it gets to the hand of the officer without the need for me to worry that it was lost or misplaced

The available resources I have are both email and mail. I do NOT have fax. If I use mail, I will make sure it has tracking as evidence I sent it. As for email, it is traceable digitally.

Lastly, Would you recommend I respond to them via both mail and email at the "same' time?

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Katayoon

IRCC sent me an email few min ago. I think my application has been assigned to an officer because I notice the name of the officer at the end of the email. I was told to respond to their request either via fax or email or mail.

I guess my question here is....."Which of the 3 options would you suggest is the "best" medium to respond to IRCC ?"... I just want to make sure it gets to the hand of the officer without the need for me to worry that it was lost or misplaced

The available resources I have are both email and mail. I do NOT have fax. If I use mail, I will make sure it has tracking as evidence I sent it. As for email, it is traceable digitally.

Lastly, Would you recommend I respond to them via both mail and email at the "same' time?

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
Only E-mail. I would not send duplicate submission by mail - may cause unnecessary confusion. Please make sure to include your app number and agent's code name in subject line. This will make sure it is re-routed to your agent.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Only E-mail. I would not send duplicate submission by mail - may cause unnecessary confusion. Please make sure to include your app number and agent's code name in subject line. This will make sure it is re-routed to your agent.
Thank you very much for the response. I will do that right away.