+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I was planning on doing that. Buy changed my mind. Because of Boarder services
Yes having JR in process helped my partner to defer his first removal interview with CBSA. But when we applied HC third time and no longer had any JR in process, his CBSA agent gave him administrative deferral until his H&C is decided. He was a super nice guy and if my partner was not deported back then, it is entirely thanks to him. Usually CBSA does not hand out deferrals easily.

Reactions: Ayanna and R Brar

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Yes having JR in process helped my partner to defer his first removal interview with CBSA. But when we applied HC third time and no longer had any JR in process, his CBSA agent gave him administrative deferral until his H&C is decided. He was a super nice guy and if my partner was not deported back then, it is entirely thanks to him. Usually CBSA does not hand out deferrals easily.
@Katayoon can you share please the timeline of the first application and the second application and where files have been processed ?

Reactions: Ayanna

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Yes...so that's y I keep it. Thank you so much. Your advise has helped me alot

Reactions: Katayoon

Patt garcia

Jul 20, 2021
Hi, if you want to stay on quebec write to your 2nd stage office an email asking if they are going to ask quebec on your behalf. I did that and then they contact them. Even when my aip said thay they will contact them, I think they missed that.
Thank you very much for your kind advice! I did write an email to Niagara and they answered me the next few hours telling me they will submit my CSQ to MIFI, I guess they just missed it.

thank you a lot! The people on this forum are awesome☺

Reactions: Latin40

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Katayoon can you share please the timeline of the first application and the second application and where files have been processed ?
Both processed/refused in Montreal by the same lady.

2015 - lost PR due to misrepresentation
2019 - lost federal court appeal
April 2019 - applied HC
July 2019 - applied PRRA to delay deportation
July 2020 - refused HC and PRRA
October 2020 - 2nd HC submitted
February 2021 - 2nd HC refused
April 16, 2021 - 3rd HC submitted (without lawyers!)
May 2021 - almost got deported but CBSA granted administrative deferral
May 5th, 2021 - AOR
May 7th, 2021 - Biometrics request
May 10th, 2021 - Biometrics done
May 18th, 2021 - AIP and request for police certificate, right of PR fee and financial docs
May 21st, 2021 - all requested documents provided to BRO
May 27th, 2021 - medicals requested for him and all non-accompanying kids abroad
June 4th, 2021 - medicals completed
June 8th, 2021 - medicals received by IRCC
September 27, 2021 - COPR

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi @Lila123 did you have match or outstanding charge from cbsa
Because the person I’m helping she had outstanding charge from cbsa for deportation
It’s not a crime but it show it in her rcmp fingerprints

does anyone has anything in his/her rcmp fingerprints I never seen that before

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
@Ayanna and @Katayoon and @wello711

I have some tricky questions I will like to ask you guys.

I receive a letter today from IRCC via mail. The letter contains my name and address and an h&c application number. Both my name and address information is correct. However, The postcode on the letter is NOT correct. I notice the postcode on the letter is the postcode of office of the lawyer that I use for my first h&c application. I don't know if the mistake could have been from me when filling the form or from IRCC when they type the letter.

As for the letter I receive, I don't know if it is an AOR or not..... In my application, I included a video file in a USB flash drive. The USB was returned to me in the same evelope with the letter. They said in the letter that they don't need it.

There are some printed documents (let me call the documents X and Y) I included in my application. I added the video file to act as an "extra layer of evidence" that will help add to the credibility of documents X and Z . By default, Xand Y can stand alone but I added the video because I felt visual evidence will help....I hope my explanation in this paragraph makes sense to you guys?

Below is what the letter says ......

Date : xxxxxxxxxx
UCI No xxxxxxxxxx
Application No : Hxxxxxxxxxxx

My name : xxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxx
Postcode: xxxxxx
(Please Note: IRCC made a mistake in the postcode)

Dear xxxxxxx

This refers to the application for Permanent Residence you made under the Humanitarian and Compassionate class.

The enclosed material you submitted in support of your application is being returned to you as it is not required at this time.

If you have submitted original and/or certified documents, please note that we have made copies of these documents to your file and are returning originals to you for safekeeping.

If you have submitted items requiring electronic devices to access information, such as USB keys, CDs, or DVDs, these items are not accepted. You must print the information and resubmit it to this office.

Contact Infomation

To contact IRCC for information on programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit the website at www.canada.ca When you contact IRCC, please include your UCI number. Your UCI can be found at the top left of this correspondence. Please note that IRCC will only respond to inquires about your sponsorship application with you or the individual you appointed as your representative

Change of Address

You must report changes to your address, telephone numbers, and email address immediately. Please, note that CPC Missiissauaga will not update contact information. Changes to contact information should be made through our online service at wwwicic.gcxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerly

Here are my questions..............................

1) Is this an AOR letter ?

2) Why do you think the letter was sent to me via mail? some people receive their AOR via email. I hope they have got my correct email.

3) How can I find out the information they have about my email, postcode, and contact number for my application? is it possible to check it online? If so, what is the link to check the information?

4) Should I immediately update the postcode should in case I notice what they have on my file is wrong?

5) Would you recommend I write a brief letter of explanation about what video file is in the USB flash drive? Bear in mind, the explanation is already in my application... the purpose of the letter is to let an h&c officer know that if he/she needs it, they should not hesitate to contact me.

If you recommend it, should I type the letter and mail it to their office address in Vancouver? if not, should I submit it online.If so, can you tell me how to go about it, pls.....what is the link to submit the letter

6) This question is for @Ayanna because she has detailed knowledge about this.....Can I use the letter in my TRP +WP application as evidence to demonstrate that I have a pending h&c application to resolve my out-of-status situation? Bear in mind that an applicant has to demonstrate that they working on resolving their status before they can apply for TRP +WP.

7) Is there any additional advice or recommendation or anything yall will want me to know or be aware or cautious about?

I am patiently waiting for yall response

Thanks

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

this is ecas link
If you have your application number it mean they received your application

you have to option
( A )check ecas
(B) you need call the call center today and find out

yes IRCc don’t accept USB CD only paper
You can fixed your address in ecas or call center agent can help you too

good luck I hope you get positive answers soon

Reactions: bella12

bella12

Jul 10, 2019

I have some tricky questions I will like to ask you guys.

I receive a letter today from IRCC via mail. The letter contains my name and address and an h&c application number. Both my name and address information is correct. However, The postcode on the letter is NOT correct. I notice the postcode on the letter is the postcode of office of the lawyer that I use for my first h&c application. I don't know if the mistake could have been from me when filling the form or from IRCC when they type the letter.

As for the letter I receive, I don't know if it is an AOR or not..... In my application, I included a video file in a USB flash drive. The USB was returned to me in the same evelope with the letter. They said in the letter that they don't need it.

There are some printed documents (let me call the documents X and Y) I included in my application. I added the video file to act as an "extra layer of evidence" that will help add to the credibility of documents X and Z . By default, Xand Y can stand alone but I added the video because I felt visual evidence will help....I hope my explanation in this paragraph makes sense to you guys?

Below is what the letter says ......

Date : xxxxxxxxxx
UCI No xxxxxxxxxx
Application No : Hxxxxxxxxxxx

My name : xxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxx
Postcode: xxxxxx
(Please Note: IRCC made a mistake in the postcode)

Dear xxxxxxx

This refers to the application for Permanent Residence you made under the Humanitarian and Compassionate class.

The enclosed material you submitted in support of your application is being returned to you as it is not required at this time.

If you have submitted original and/or certified documents, please note that we have made copies of these documents to your file and are returning originals to you for safekeeping.

If you have submitted items requiring electronic devices to access information, such as USB keys, CDs, or DVDs, these items are not accepted. You must print the information and resubmit it to this office.

Contact Infomation

To contact IRCC for information on programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit the website at www.canada.ca When you contact IRCC, please include your UCI number. Your UCI can be found at the top left of this correspondence. Please note that IRCC will only respond to inquires about your sponsorship application with you or the individual you appointed as your representative

Change of Address

You must report changes to your address, telephone numbers, and email address immediately. Please, note that CPC Missiissauaga will not update contact information. Changes to contact information should be made through our online service at wwwicic.gcxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerly

Here are my questions..............................

1) Is this an AOR letter ?

2) Why do you think the letter was sent to me via mail? some people receive their AOR via email. I hope they have got my correct email.

3) How can I find out the information they have about my email, postcode, and contact number for my application? is it possible to check it online? If so, what is the link to check the information?

4) Should I immediately update the postcode should in case I notice what they have on my file is wrong?

5) Would you recommend I write a brief letter of explanation about what video file is in the USB flash drive? Bear in mind, the explanation is already in my application... the purpose of the letter is to let an h&c officer know that if he/she needs it, they should not hesitate to contact me.

If you recommend it, should I type the letter and mail it to their office address in Vancouver? if not, should I submit it online.If so, can you tell me how to go about it, pls.....what is the link to submit the letter

6) This question is for @Ayanna because she has detailed knowledge about this.....Can I use the letter in my TRP +WP application as evidence to demonstrate that I have a pending h&c application to resolve my out-of-status situation? Bear in mind that an applicant has to demonstrate that they working on resolving their status before they can apply for TRP +WP.

7) Is there any additional advice or recommendation or anything yall will want me to know or be aware or cautious about?

I am patiently waiting for yall response

Thanks

A quick update.......

In the letter above, there is a link that IRCC wrote for change of address, phone number, and email address. the link in the letter is www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp .....when I type the link, i got an eror mesage. I dont know if the link is correct or not.

However, I place the link on google. this is what I got----->https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

when I entered my information, below is the mesage displayed on the screen

Change of Address

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

The requirement to be able to update any information is ONLY when an application is in process..That is why I can update yet.....what do you think I can do to check my file information and update my contact information ?

bella12

Jul 10, 2019

this is ecas link

you have to option
( A )check ecas

I have tried the link. it says an application has to be IN PROCESS to be able to update information. Would you recommend I call the IRCC customer service?....... Or is there any option on how to update information that you know of?

bella12

Jul 10, 2019

this is ecas link

you have to option
( A )check ecas

You forgot to give an answer to my question 1 and 6 .

1) Is the letter an AOR ?

6) If so, Can I use it for my TRP+WP application to demonstrate that I have a pending application to resolve my out-of-status situation?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You forgot to give an answer to my question 1 and 6 .

1) Is the letter an AOR ?

6) If so, Can I use it for my TRP+WP application to demonstrate that I have a pending application to resolve my out-of-status situation?
This is AOR and you can use it for TRP/WP application.

It takes time for ecas to "load" your file, but some files never get added. My partner never had ecas - he always got the same message as you - file cannot be traced.
You can update address by calling call centre or submitting a webform. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q2

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
I have tried the link. it says an application has to be IN PROCESS to be able to update information. Would you recommend I call the IRCC customer service?....... Or is there any option on how to update information that you know of?
First, concerning the postal code, you can go to Canadapost.ca
Use find a postal code to determine if your postal code was changed without you knowing.
Do not stress so much If the postal code used was wrong as Canada Post will correct any postal code errors with the potential of delivery delays.
After all you received the mail sent to you.
Talking about updating it, you can call IRCC customer service to assist you if that is possible at this time on their end.
As regards the USB, it is a NO NO, a huge risk, no organization will take.
With H&C we have a duty to present as much evidence as possible but all has to be in paper.
May God help us all through this journey and crown our efforts with success.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
First, concerning the postal code, you can go to Canadapost.ca
Use find a postal code to determine if your postal code was changed without you knowing.
Do not stress so much If the postal code used was wrong as Canada Post will correct any postal code errors with the potential of delivery delays.
After all you received the mail sent to you.
Talking about updating it, you can call IRCC customer service to assist you if that is possible at this time on their end.
As regards the USB, it is a NO NO, a huge risk, no organization will take.
With H&C we have a duty to present as much evidence as possible but all has to be in paper.
May God help us all through this journey and crown our efforts with success.
@SweetQueen and @Katayoon

Thanks for the detailed response.

I just finished speaking IRCC customer service department few min ago. They confirmed with me that the IRCC employee that mailed the letter to my address typed in the wrong postcode in the letter. Also, the customer service agent cross-checked to see if the postcode, email, and phone number is correct. She verified it with me and all were accurate, This means that the postcode on the letter was a typo error from the IRCC employee who typed it.

I find it strange that IRCC makes mistakes. I use to have the impression that they are detailed oriented

Now, to address the letter itself. It is NOT an AOR. it is a letter just confirming that they don't need the USB flash drive. I already included enough detailed paper evidence that is SIMILAR to what is in the USB flash drive. Let me explain it to you guys for it to make perfect sense.

It is a funeral video. bear in mind that I have already included pictures of funeral, death certificate, and obituary... I added a video of the funeral to serve as an EXTRA LAYER of evidence to support the 3 printed documents I mention. I felt that visual evidence will also be appealing is why I added it. Even if they don't need the video, the 3 documents are enough.

Thank you @SweetQueen and @Katayoon for your response...Also, thanks to @Ayanna for the advice you recommended that I should contact IRCC customer service.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetQueen