+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Try to call MIDI tommorow and maybe they received the request from IRCC.
I advice you to ask @Ayanna and also @SweetQueen because she already applied for CSQ
IRCC informs MIDI on the day you receive AIP.
You can call MIDI just to confirm.
presently, CSQ application forms arrive within 2 to 3 months. Processing takes 3 months, Not able to tell if that will change.
@Patt garcia be patient, knowing that things are not done in a hurry at MIDI office. They take their time to do everything. Best of luck dear.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We should always try to make submissions that may boost other’s spirits but if we can’t, it’s better we say what we know. This is why I always will celebrate Ayanna. At most if not all of her submissions, she will say “I wish you luck”.
Wether child is in Canada or abroad does not make make the application “weak”. Most application treatment depends on officer and one’s establishment.
It’s good to say fact on what we know if we can’t wish ourselves well and at least lift others spirits.
Please note that I do not mean to quarrel or attack your submissions but…we should be mindful of what our contributions will do to the psyche of the affected individuals especially when we make submissions we aren’t sure about and are not fact.
Trying to be truthful and provide accurate information. Best interest of the children is more of an argument if children are already in Canada. It is a weaker argument if children are abroad because there is no change in their everyday lives if the H&C is denied.

Reactions: DaveAngel

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Trying to be truthful and provide accurate information. Best interest of the children is more of an argument if children are already in Canada. It is a weaker argument if children are abroad because there is no change in their everyday lives if the H&C is denied.
@canuk78, I agree with you on this.
Accurate information is one thing and encouraging words is another.
It is important to know what your strong points are and leverage on them.
Arguing in the best interest of a child means that the child has integrated well into the Canadian system and removing him/her from Canada will have a negative effect on the child.
Moreover, @Swagzzy, many single people without children in Canada or abroad were successful and got PR through H&C . Leverage on your stay in Canada and other factors like work, volunteering etc.
Also adding that you provide for your children with the money you make in Canada.
Use a good Lawer and have faith.
We’re all in this together. I pray that God will help us all.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
If it can be of any consolation, my partner's 1st HC was refused precisely because of best interest of children OUTSIDE Canada. Same for his federal court appeal. The judge wrote in his argument that he has to go home and stay with his children, in their best interest. Bear in mind that he has Canadian child with me as well, but the officer gave his other children's interests more weight. She basically wrote that I can raise my child alone here in Canada.
In his 2nd and 3rd HCs we added proofs how his staying in Canada is essential for his other children. We attached money transfers, school tuition receipts, letters from family to show that if he is removed from Canada, he will no longer be able to earn/send this money to them. And it worked this time.
So the lesson is - put every argument you can possibly can into your application and leave it to officers. You never know to which factor she will attach most importance. It is all subjective.
Katayoon,

thanks for your explanation. I’ll put together all I can and leave the rest in hands of God to get a favorable officer. It’s what is ! One can try.