+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
This is AOR and you can use it for TRP/WP application.

It takes time for ecas to "load" your file, but some files never get added. My partner never had ecas - he always got the same message as you - file cannot be traced.
You can update address by calling call centre or submitting a webform. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q2
You are right, I can still use the letter for my TRP +WP application because they have included an H&C application number in the letter for my h&c application. It was through the h&c application number they were able to verify my contact information is correct. I will start working on my TRP +WP application today or tommorow.

Thanks

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
You are right, I can still use the letter for my TRP +WP application because they have included an H&C application number in the letter for my h&c application. It was through the h&c application number they were able to verify my contact information is correct. I will start working on my TRP +WP application today or tommorow.

Thanks
why you apply for TRP are you inadmissible to Canada or out of status ?

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
@Ayanna and @Katayoon and @wello711

I have some tricky questions I will like to ask you guys.

I receive a letter today from IRCC via mail. The letter contains my name and address and an h&c application number. Both my name and address information is correct. However, The postcode on the letter is NOT correct. I notice the postcode on the letter is the postcode of office of the lawyer that I use for my first h&c application. I don't know if the mistake could have been from me when filling the form or from IRCC when they type the letter.

As for the letter I receive, I don't know if it is an AOR or not..... In my application, I included a video file in a USB flash drive. The USB was returned to me in the same evelope with the letter. They said in the letter that they don't need it.

There are some printed documents (let me call the documents X and Y) I included in my application. I added the video file to act as an "extra layer of evidence" that will help add to the credibility of documents X and Z . By default, Xand Y can stand alone but I added the video because I felt visual evidence will help....I hope my explanation in this paragraph makes sense to you guys?

Below is what the letter says ......

Date : xxxxxxxxxx
UCI No xxxxxxxxxx
Application No : Hxxxxxxxxxxx

My name : xxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxx
Postcode: xxxxxx
(Please Note: IRCC made a mistake in the postcode)

Dear xxxxxxx

This refers to the application for Permanent Residence you made under the Humanitarian and Compassionate class.

The enclosed material you submitted in support of your application is being returned to you as it is not required at this time.

If you have submitted original and/or certified documents, please note that we have made copies of these documents to your file and are returning originals to you for safekeeping.

If you have submitted items requiring electronic devices to access information, such as USB keys, CDs, or DVDs, these items are not accepted. You must print the information and resubmit it to this office.

Contact Infomation

To contact IRCC for information on programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit the website at www.canada.ca When you contact IRCC, please include your UCI number. Your UCI can be found at the top left of this correspondence. Please note that IRCC will only respond to inquires about your sponsorship application with you or the individual you appointed as your representative

Change of Address

You must report changes to your address, telephone numbers, and email address immediately. Please, note that CPC Missiissauaga will not update contact information. Changes to contact information should be made through our online service at wwwicic.gcxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerly

Here are my questions..............................

1) Is this an AOR letter ?

2) Why do you think the letter was sent to me via mail? some people receive their AOR via email. I hope they have got my correct email.

3) How can I find out the information they have about my email, postcode, and contact number for my application? is it possible to check it online? If so, what is the link to check the information?

4) Should I immediately update the postcode should in case I notice what they have on my file is wrong?

5) Would you recommend I write a brief letter of explanation about what video file is in the USB flash drive? Bear in mind, the explanation is already in my application... the purpose of the letter is to let an h&c officer know that if he/she needs it, they should not hesitate to contact me.

If you recommend it, should I type the letter and mail it to their office address in Vancouver? if not, should I submit it online.If so, can you tell me how to go about it, pls.....what is the link to submit the letter

6) This question is for @Ayanna because she has detailed knowledge about this.....Can I use the letter in my TRP +WP application as evidence to demonstrate that I have a pending h&c application to resolve my out-of-status situation? Bear in mind that an applicant has to demonstrate that they working on resolving their status before they can apply for TRP +WP.

7) Is there any additional advice or recommendation or anything yall will want me to know or be aware or cautious about?

I am patiently waiting for yall response

Thanks

Seems your application has been transferred to CPC - Mississauga already.

when did you submit your application ?

Lila123

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi, no I didn't. It came back clear.
Hi @Lila123 did you have match or outstanding charge from cbsa
Because the person I’m helping she had outstanding charge from cbsa for deportation
It’s not a crime but it show it in her rcmp fingerprints

does anyone has anything in his/her rcmp fingerprints I never seen that before

Reactions: Lexus2021

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
why you apply for TRP are you inadmissible to Canada or out of status ?
I am out of status. I am using TRP+ WP as my PLAN B. Th reason why I am applying for it is to restore my status via TRP and get a Work permit via WP.. IRCC processes TRP and WP faster. That will allow me to work in Canada and give me back my status.

Basically, I will be having my h&c application processed simultaneously along with my TRP+WP

God forbid, let assume h&c application was refused, TRP+WP will give me the status that I can use to get PR using a different class.

Last edited:

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
I am out of status. I am using TRP+ WP as my PLAN B. Th reason why I am applying for it is to restore my status via TRP and get a Work permit via WP.. IRCC processes TRP and WP faster. That will allow me to work in Canada and give me back my status.

God forbid, let assume h&c application was refused, TRP+WP will give me the status that I can use to get PR using a different class.
thats good at least you have Plan B and you're following Immigration Rules. Where you will apply for TRP ? What province are you ?

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
I submitted my application 4th of October... Does CPC - Mississauga have a high success rate for h&c applications?
i have no idea dear, CPC - Mississauga also deals with Family sponsorship inside Canada and outside Canada which the processing times is exactly a year or more due to the volume they received every day.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
thats good at least you have Plan B and you're following Immigration Rules. Where you will apply for TRP ? What province are you ?
I will be starting my TRP application later today or tomorrow. The reason why I have not started it is because I have been waiting for AOR from my h&c application. One of the core requirements for TRP is that an applicant has to demonstrate that they are doing something on resolving their out-out-status situation in canada. This is where AOR comes into the equation because it shows that I have a pending h&c application which serves as evidence that I am resolving my out-of-status situation. Without this evidence or having evidence that demonstrates it, TRP application will be refused.

Less I forget, I reside in Manitoba

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
i have no idea dear, CPC - Mississauga also deals with Family sponsorship inside Canada and outside Canada which the processing times is exactly a year or more due to the volume they received every day.
I thought all h&c applications are done in Vancouver. I think someone in this forum said that the Montreal office is ultra strict. I mean, the success rate for h&c applications is low. I don't know about CPC - Mississauga success rate level

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought all h&c applications are done in Vancouver. I think someone in this forum said that the Montreal office is ultra strict. I mean, the success rate for h&c applications is low. I don't know about CPC - Mississauga success rate level
Vancouver actually does very few HCs compared to larger centers - they transfer to other regions for workload distribution.
Montreal has not brought us luck - everything rejected - PR revoked, federal court appeal rejected, 2 HCs rejected, PRRA rejected. Then translated everything from French to English - and Vancouver gave AIP. But I know many successful cases as well in Montreal for people you would think can never win. All depends who you will fall on.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Vancouver actually does very few HCs compared to larger centers - they transfer to other regions for workload distribution.
Montreal has not brought us luck - everything rejected - PR revoked, federal court appeal rejected, 2 HCs rejected, PRRA rejected. Then translated everything from French to English - and Vancouver gave AIP. But I know many successful cases as well in Montreal for people you would think can never win. All depends who you will fall on.
you partner application and him has been through a lot of process and stress I assumed. Glad you made it at last thats the important thing.

MakerofGold

Star Member
Sep 22, 2021
I received an email today. That my work permit application has been transferred to Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke for processing. Please what does this mean? My H&C application is showing processing. Why did they transfer my work permit application? Does this indicate any thing? Please I need answers

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
I received an email today. That my work permit application has been transferred to Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke for processing. Please what does this mean? My H&C application is showing processing. Why did they transfer my work permit application? Does this indicate any thing? Please I need answers
meaning your application decision will be rendered to IRCC-Etobicoke. I assumed your in Toronto, do you have any Idea if your application for H&C is in Toronto-Humanitarian Office ?