+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

LeeH&C

Sep 27, 2021
I hope this message finds you all well.

I have lived in Canada with my family for 17 years; a Canadian citizen and operate a small food business. I wish to sponsor my younger brother who is 52 years old although physically normal he has learning difficulties for permanent residence status in Canada. He is registered in our country as a disable person. His mental condition is such that he cannot function without help from anyone. Our parent has three children; my elder brother(deceased), myself and my younger brother. I am now his only surviving sibling. There is no facilities in his country that could provide him with help except by his own family.

Since the passing of our parents, my elder brother and my sister-in-law have taken care of him. He is able to help out in a neighbouring grocery shop doing manual work, He is unable to do simple maths and take care of himself. He would for example pass his bank card to stranger and ask them to withdraw money for him. Unfortunately, my elder brother passed away 6 years ago and since than my sister-in-law who is now in her seventies has been caring for him. Although I help financially it is very hard on her as she ages. Recently, her son and daughter-in-law are attempting to evict him. I pray the Canadian immigration would be compassionate to accept him so that I could care for him.

I realise the current immigration law would not permit me to sponsor him. I believe his only hope is via compassion and humanitarian consideration.

Would you help me by letting me know:
1) How is proceducures
2) while appying for H&C can he extend hid stay in Canada?
3) Information how to get health insurance ? Does it cover medication like diabete, high blood pressures?

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Folks, my partner received an email saying his PR is now approved, with an email template to fill in with questions like when did he enter Canada etc. Once he fills this form, he will have access to PR portal to upload photos and generate PR card. I presume @Blac Kelly.. and @Jaxico got the same email?
Yeahhhh congrats!!!! I’m so happy for you :)

I only got the email about about I’ll get another email for update the address & upload the photos. I got this today.

Reactions: Katayoon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I hope this message finds you all well.

I have lived in Canada with my family for 17 years; a Canadian citizen and operate a small food business. I wish to sponsor my younger brother who is 52 years old although physically normal he has learning difficulties for permanent residence status in Canada. He is registered in our country as a disable person. His mental condition is such that he cannot function without help from anyone. Our parent has three children; my elder brother(deceased), myself and my younger brother. I am now his only surviving sibling. There is no facilities in his country that could provide him with help except by his own family.

Since the passing of our parents, my elder brother and my sister-in-law have taken care of him. He is able to help out in a neighbouring grocery shop doing manual work, He is unable to do simple maths and take care of himself. He would for example pass his bank card to stranger and ask them to withdraw money for him. Unfortunately, my elder brother passed away 6 years ago and since than my sister-in-law who is now in her seventies has been caring for him. Although I help financially it is very hard on her as she ages. Recently, her son and daughter-in-law are attempting to evict him. I pray the Canadian immigration would be compassionate to accept him so that I could care for him.

I realise the current immigration law would not permit me to sponsor him. I believe his only hope is via compassion and humanitarian consideration.

Would you help me by letting me know:
1) How is proceducures
2) while appying for H&C can he extend hid stay in Canada?
3) Information how to get health insurance ? Does it cover medication like diabete, high blood pressures?
Does he have a TRV?
1. You apply for H&C and then wait to see if you get Approval in principle. Then you would need to wait to see if he gets full approval. One of the things that will be important is to show that you have the extra funds to support his lifestyle and care. If he will apply for disability or welfare right away that can count against his application. Have a plan for who will care for him if you get sick or too ill to care for him yourself. Will he have a set of funds available to care for himself if you pass.
2. He can try to extend his stay but no guarantees. H&C does not entitle you to stay in Canada although most are able to postpone removals until they receive their approval/refusal
3. You will need to pay out of pocket for all his routine care and medications. He can bring a 3 month supply with him. Would take out emergency health insurance to hopefully cover an emergency but it may not be covered if it is related to a preexisting condition.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today! Since Friday that I got COPR ;)
Thanks a lot! just curious - did Friday email come from Niagara officer or Vancouver? I was surprised to see Vancouver officer's signature. Looks like the file got transferred to Vancouver at the end.

Reactions: Jaxico

PouyaP

Aug 8, 2021
Hello;

I finally received my AIP after a long time. Here is my timeline:

Application Received: June 25, 2020
AOR: September 10, 2020
In Process: June 5, 2021
AIP: September 27, 2021

I have a question. In the AIP letter it says that "You must provide evidence that you are not in receipt of social assistance or welfare benefits, either directly or indirectly." I have never received any social assistance, how can I prove that?

Reactions: Lexus2021

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello;

I finally received my AIP after a long time. Here is my timeline:

Application Received: June 25, 2020
AOR: September 10, 2020
In Process: June 5, 2021
AIP: September 27, 2021

I have a question. In the AIP letter it says that "You must provide evidence that you are not in receipt of social assistance or welfare benefits, either directly or indirectly." I have never received any social assistance, how can I prove that?
Can you share your grounds please ?

Reactions: Pear23

Patt garcia

Jul 20, 2021
1. @Jaxico sept 24 copr
2. @Blac Kelly.. sept 24 copr
3. @Katayoon September 27 copr
4. @Carlos chuks December 2020 Aip
5. @Rose2021 Aip feb 11
6. @Lexus2021 Aip June 29
7. @BrazaRec Feb 11 Aip
8. @Lila123 July 14 Aip
9. @fiveoplus = AIP since April
10. @Juneplum Aip June
11. @Latin40 June aip waiting csq
3 down 8 to go pray for us we always pray for you guys
i submitted my application on august 9th and I received AIP with the request for documents on august 30th!
Today I sent all the documents they asked for because I didn’t have the police certificate from my country and it took a long time to get it!
hopefully I have good news soon :)