+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Not yet sis because I move from Calgary to Montreal when they ask me to confirm my address the agent tell me I need selection of QC that why it take so long I received the selection last week I sent it to them ask me to confirm my address i did it last Friday now I'm waiting for my copr
Ok I imagine you’ve been in stress out all this time
from now on everything going to be smooth
Soon you have your copr

Last edited:

TNtsima

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
You have 15 days to appeal the refusal. It is up to you whether you appeal or ask your husband submit a new HC. In our case, our lawyer said appeal would take at least 1 year to pass Stage 1 (to know whether judge will agree to re-consider), and chances were very slim. So we cancelled her and submitted a new HC ourselves - we got AIP within a month. That was exceptionally fast because my partner was under deportation order, but still nowadays HC are quicker than they used to be before.

If your husband is offered PRRA application, his deportation will be put on hold until PRRA is decided. During those 6-12 months, he can wait inland for his HC decision.
@Katayoon did you submit the H&C yourself? And did you mail it out? How long did it take for you to get acknowledgement of receipt?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes also those who don’t make enough money to pay their expenses no savings though
Every province is different you need to call them or visit their website or office
Unfortunately not true. Due to demand Ontario legal aid started limiting what type of applications they covered. There are some exceptions and whether legal aid thinks you have a chance of approval also factors into whether they cover the application. Everyone should check with legal aid. No harm in trying to see if they will cover.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
same here my application was in process for 33 months I didn’t care when I got Aip Anxiety start kicking in then the stress then waiting for lawyers was taking their sweet little ass time
Strange as AIP is what is harder to get. Once you have AIP your chances of getting PR are extremely high.

Reactions: Latin40

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
@Ayanna i called the call centre yesterday as I was a bit concern of the GMC notes that I ordered but didn’t receive as yet. I then ask that about my process. They told me background check as been past but waiting on review of eligibility I then as if I can go ahead and get my background check from my home country as who would be able to do it for me is leaving the country soon. She said yes once you can get it you can go ahead as it or when you get to stage to you would have it at hand. She then stated she can not tell me the notes that are on my file. What do you think of this? I am really worried about getting deported as i have children and it’s a very hard living back home. Poverty is real plus I do not think my children would be able to function there. All my children are born Canadian. But I am a fail Refugee Claimant

HCboy123

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
To be honest arguments and proof doesn't matter, if your application is with nice officer will accept you if racist nope. H&C is like begging to Canada for PR. I only had 1 latter from native Canadian community friend that's it.
Don't have kids, or wife im an adult,

Reactions: wello711

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
To be honest arguments and proof doesn't matter, if your application is with nice officer will accept you if racist nope. H&C is like begging to Canada for PR. I only had 1 latter from native Canadian community friend that's it.
yes, you're right, nice and good officer is very importnt but generally applicants must have good arguments and evidences to increase chances.

congrats again in your new life