+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Teddy2020

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Hello Fam,
If am requesting for GCMS notes is it under Privacy Act or Access to Information Act that I should file the request under.
Thanks

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Unfortunately not true. Due to demand Ontario legal aid started limiting what type of applications they covered. There are some exceptions and whether legal aid thinks you have a chance of approval also factors into whether they cover the application. Everyone should check with legal aid. No harm in trying to see if they will cover.
I think you’re wrong all I’m saying
I’m not here to argue with anybody I’m here feeding information

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
If you live in Quebec then you need csq your currently address is Outland
if you want to live in Quebec you should apply for CSQ, @Latin40, i'm not a professional but why you don't inform IRCC that you want to change your destination to another province ? i'm sure that you mentionned in your principal form when you applied that you want to live in Qc,so because of that, they will contact MIDI to send you CSQ application forms, after PR you can live in any province with all your rights including Quebec even if you don't have CSQ because le CSQ is just to satisfy the sovereignist and nationalist part of Quebec.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Katayoon did you submit the H&C yourself? And did you mail it out? How long did it take for you to get acknowledgement of receipt?
Hi TNtsima, We did two HCs through lawyer and then 1HC ourselves (after rejections we cancelled lawyers). Always paper app via courrier to Vancouver. AOR took 3 weeks last time and about 6 weeks for previous app's.

Reactions: TNtsima

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
@Ayanna i called the call centre yesterday as I was a bit concern of the GMC notes that I ordered but didn’t receive as yet. I then ask that about my process. They told me background check as been past but waiting on review of eligibility I then as if I can go ahead and get my background check from my home country as who would be able to do it for me is leaving the country soon. She said yes once you can get it you can go ahead as it or when you get to stage to you would have it at hand. She then stated she can not tell me the notes that are on my file. What do you think of this? I am really worried about getting deported as i have children and it’s a very hard living back home. Poverty is real plus I do not think my children would be able to function there. All my children are born Canadian. But I am a fail Refugee Claimant
Don’t listen to the call center advise the best way to find out all the notes and everything written it’s a GCMS note you need to pay the five dollars to show you more details not the privacy act
exactly find out what says
If they would deny your application they already done it In my experience it’s positive
Usually they do background checks after Aip they do first Eligibility then background
I think he/she just giving you the wrong information

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strange as AIP is what is harder to get. Once you have AIP your chances of getting PR are extremely high.
It is hard to understand for those who did not go through this demoralizing process. Only people who have been living the out-of-status nightmare for years would appreciate.

Since it is so hard to get AIP, once a person gets it, it becomes more precious than a diamond, too precious to lose over Stage 2 background check. First the anxiety kicks in, then the depression. I think that is what @Ayanna meant.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
It is hard to understand for those who did not go through this demoralizing process. Only people who have been living the out-of-status nightmare for years would appreciate.

Since it is so hard to get AIP, once a person gets it, it becomes more precious than a diamond, too precious to lose over Stage 2 background check. First the anxiety kicks in, then the depression.
Exactly she doesn’t understand us what we all Been through all these years And how we survive to get a status for some people looks simple only Those people understand us who been in our shoes How much money we lost how this lawyer play Us and how people are racist against us when you have no status everyone try to get advantage of us They take our kindness as a weakness

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Exactly she doesn’t understand us what we all Been through all these years And how we survive to get a status for some people looks simple only Those people understand us who been in our shoes How much money we lost how this lawyer play Us and how people are racist against us when you have no status everyone try to get advantage of us They take our kindness as a weakness
living in a precarious situation is very difficult, in my case you are in Canada where you can move forward in your life and make your dreams come true but you are still stuck, you are still a foreigner, who always want to remind you that you are a temporary here ! that you don't have the same rights as the others, that you still have obstacles, that you have to think twice and do procedures and give explanations for the least of things in your life, its harder for people who really love canada who consider themselves canadian, my son suffers literally because of his attachment and his love to canada

Last edited: