+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Hi
I am unable to get police certificate from a country where I stayed 6 years. (not my home country)
They need valid passport copy; and as a failed refugee claimant I dont have my passport with me. It was seized and CBSA have it; it is also expired. So I can't renew my passport in order to apply to Police certificate.

I guess I have to ask for exception! Is it good or bad?

Please advice
Thanks

Timeline:
1. Received on August 13, 2018.
2. Acknowledging of Receipt August 20, 2018.
3. Started Processing on July 30, 2020.
4. Aip Aug 21 2020
5. Medical instructions and other documents requested on August 23, 2020.
This is what my friend did, she email the office, hers was Niagara and they told her to send the rest of the documents and they would review the passport part. They then inform cbsa for the passport, cbsa sent them the passport then they send the passport to her with a document stating to get a new passport. Cbsa only give copy of the documents they sieze. Thats what I know so far

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
If you have AIp take a copy of it and there a form they will hand to You to fill out said you need your passport or copy of it they will give your copy of passport with notary
Stamps of cbsa man
Or give your passport
I went to cbsa with my friends for interpretation I did all this they call few days later they hand him his passport and drive license with stamps on
I hope this information could help you
I guess you didn't get what I am saying!
My passport is expired and it is with CBSA. I already have certified copies.

Last edited:

Helen02

Star Member
May 9, 2020
Hi guys I have gone to do my medicals police checks , & additional documents like pay check.please when should I expect land in?

mdakka

May 21, 2020
Hi,
I have to question if you can help me on them
1- When my refugee case refused I applied for federal court and H&C together, then I win my case in federal court and my case return back to IRB. In this case is my H&C application will canceled or not? Till now I can see my status is same application received.
2- When case return back to IRB, is this mean new hearing will be happen or they will assessed the case without hearing?
Thank you.

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Hi,
I have to question if you can help me on them
1- When my refugee case refused I applied for federal court and H&C together, then I win my case in federal court and my case return back to IRB. In this case is my H&C application will canceled or not? Till now I can see my status is same application received.
2- When case return back to IRB, is this mean new hearing will be happen or they will assessed the case without hearing?
Thank you.
Hi there, you can’t have both applications in process.Since your refugee claim has been referred back to IRB for redetermination,your case will need to be re-evaluated by a different member first; before anything.If your application gets approved,you will not need H&C.Now,in the event your application gets denied again,by a different member,then you can apply for H&C provided the one year bar have passed.I hope that helps :)

Last edited: