+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hi guys I just want to know. Does a person need to give his/her lawyer H&C application updates. Like paystubs and work letter to prove you were working during pandemic. Or can one just update on their own. and if so how does one update
I gave mine to my lawyer but he didnt send them because he said I need to do my Biometrics first which I was asked to do but since there’s covid and my appointment was cancelled, the application was still processed and luckily even without sending the updates like pay stub when I got a pay raised etc; I got the AIP. Also my lawyer, failed to update my address from 3 years ago and I had to remind him. I would suggest to check your application once in while using your client number. Goodluck!

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hi
I am unable to get police certificate from a country where I stayed 6 years. (not my home country)
They need valid passport copy; and as a failed refugee claimant I dont have my passport with me. It was seized and CBSA have it; it is also expired. So I can't renew my passport in order to apply to Police certificate.

I guess I have to ask for exception! Is it good or bad?

Please advice
Thanks

Timeline:
1. Received on August 13, 2018.
2. Acknowledging of Receipt August 20, 2018.
3. Started Processing on July 30, 2020.
4. Aip Aug 21 2020
5. Medical instructions and other documents requested on August 23, 2020.
Same. Maybe you and your lawyer can write a letter of request to CBSA. That’s what I did when I need to renew my passport for my wp but I was granted for a new wp even without a passport.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Thanks so much for your reply.my country is having an uorisinf for 4 years now with people being killed everyday.do you think it will be useful?
As long as you have the necessary evidence to prove it. They will need to see it as a whole like the economy in your country, healthcare system, safety, job rate etc. I am not a lawyer but I can only advised you from what I know. Every country/situation or application is different. You really have to put a lot of effort and work in your application.

TNtsima

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I gave mine to my lawyer but he didnt send them because he said I need to do my Biometrics first which I was asked to do but since there’s covid and my appointment was cancelled, the application was still processed and luckily even without sending the updates like pay stub when I got a pay raised etc; I got the AIP. Also my lawyer, failed to update my address from 3 years ago and I had to remind him. I would suggest to check your application once in while using your client number. Goodluck!
Thank you, I have done that my application is IN PROCESS. I was asking for a friend who is a healthcare worker and her application just shows received. I know updating your file helps speed up. So i wanted to know how to do those updates.

Kikybabe

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
ontario
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
h&c
Hello guys. Please what does it mean if the immigration officer in charge of application says they are doing background check