+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Please I need to know my application moved from received to in process after 1 year please what is the next stage for me thanks
A senior officer will review your submissions and decide whether your reasons are compelling enough. If the decision is positive you will get a letter called approval-in-principle (AIP) and your status will remain "In Process" until the end of the 2nd stage of the application where other requirements are assessed (such as security, criminality etc). If the decision is negative, you will get a refusal letter and your status changes to "Decision Made".

Helen02

Star Member
May 9, 2020
A senior officer will review your submissions and decide whether your reasons are compelling enough. If the decision is positive you will get a letter called approval-in-principle (AIP) and your status will remain "In Process" until the end of the 2nd stage of the application where other requirements are assessed (such as security, criminality etc). If the decision is negative, you will get a refusal letter and your status changes to "Decision Made".
Oo thanks please @ what point do they ask for medicals and biometric and other documents.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Oo thanks please @ what point do they ask for medicals and biometric and other documents.
Medicals is generally a stage 2 task unless 1. you have specifically asked for exemption from medical admissibility rules; or 2. if the officer thinks based on the review of your file there may be medical admissibility concerns which can affect their stage 1 decision.

Biometric is a new requirement for inland applicants and I unfortunately do not know when they usually ask you for that.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Hello guys are Criminality and Security are the same ?
No, Criminality means police record check, using police certificates from your country of origin and other countries that you should provide if you have lived there for long enough, as well as RCMP check. The latter is usually done automatically but for some applicants, they request fingerprints to complete it.

Security is a review done by CSIS (e.g. association with foreign entities that are considered dangerous to Canada, espionage concerns, etc.)

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
No, Criminality means police record check, using police certificates from your country of origin and other countries that you should provide if you have lived there for long enough, as well as RCMP check. The latter is usually done automatically but for some applicants, they request fingerprints to complete it.

Security is a review done by CSIS (e.g. association with foreign entities that are considered dangerous to Canada, espionage concerns, etc.)
So in my case when I send in my APPLICATION I send in my police record from my birth country with it also, is only Canada I have live other than my birth country. It as been 26 months going 27 now since I apply do you think they going to ask me to do it back again??

Emmabel

Apr 22, 2017
Medicals is generally a stage 2 task unless 1. you have specifically asked for exemption from medical admissibility rules; or 2. if the officer thinks based on the review of your file there may be medical admissibility concerns which can affect their stage 1 decision.

Biometric is a new requirement for inland applicants and I unfortunately do not know when they usually ask you for that.
Hi Helen, if u specifically asked for exemption form medical admissibility but your h and c reasons are not compelling,your application will be refused at stage one without asking you to do medicals but if your h and c reasons are compelling,you will be asked to do medicals before aip or refusal

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
So in my case when I send in my APPLICATION I send in my police record from my birth country with it also, is only Canada I have live other than my birth country. It as been 26 months going 27 now since I apply do you think they going to ask me to do it back again??
@cantaloupe @Emmabel I have the same question. I think we saw different people had different experiences with this issue.

Andy85_

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Why did you not qualify for EE?
I'm guessing because I didn't finish University, I did a secondary foundation and college diploma and 2 years at University but didn't finish the program and started working. When I put in for EE for some reason my score wasn't enough to grant me EE. Did everything i could with EE but nothing. My EE profile is still available till September 2020

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
I have a question for anyone who can enlighten me, when do you reach eligibility? I thought criminality Medical is for second stage? are you have to do criminality before you get Aip? because I thought they go through all your documents and then see if you make a good case then you get eligibility?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm guessing because I didn't finish University, I did a secondary foundation and college diploma and 2 years at University but didn't finish the program and started working. When I put in for EE for some reason my score wasn't enough to grant me EE. Did everything i could with EE but nothing. My EE profile is still available till September 2020
How did you get a WP if you didn’t finish university?

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
I have a question for anyone who can enlighten me, when do you reach eligibility? I thought criminality Medical is for second stage? are you have to do criminality before you get Aip? because I thought they go through all your documents and then see if you make a good case then you get eligibility?
Mine Eligibility assessment first

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
@cantaloupe @Emmabel I have the same question. I think we saw different people had different experiences with this issue.
If the applicant has not left Canada, there is no need to submit police records from the foreign countries for a 2nd time, the old one would suffice if it was obtained from a proper authority (this means for example foreign police checks must be issued by an authority at the national/federal level in the respective country and not be limited to a specific region, etc).

Note that visa offices tend to send template requests to applicants at stage 2 with multiple requests and reminders. These requests can include a section about police clearance. This may confuse the applicant and make them think a new police record is being requested. In this scenario you can explain briefly that you have already provided this document and that you have been living in Canada since. If they specifically ask you for a police check it means you either didn't include it or there was an issue with what you submitted originally.