+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Canuck78. I am applying for my grandchild..other question: anyone knows if H&C can be linked to my GCKey account? I am trying but there is no option for H&C..
Grandchild? Are they an orphan? If not this will likely be a difficult road. If they were an orphan there were other ways to sponsor.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have received my H&C application on June 24, 2019. How long does it take for receive a confirmation letter that my application is complete and it is ready for processing for stage 1. My understanding is they first scan your application and if anything missing and not complete, they send it back or they let you know what they are missing, etc.
Took almost 2 months for us to get AOR

Reactions: Grandma

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hello everyone, I know that receiving a negative or positive AIP takes more than a year, but is it normal for the status of my application after 13 months to still appear as "Received"?
I applied under H&C grounds without failed refugee claim
Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I know that receiving a negative or positive AIP takes more than a year, but is it normal for the status of my application after 13 months to still appear as "Received"?
I applied under H&C grounds without failed refugee claim
Thanks in advance
Yes - this is normal.

Reactions: Bobby_786

chris2010

May 16, 2019
Hello everyone
Any idea how much time RAD is taking these days for the RAD appeals?because I applied last year July/2018 and no response,can i applied for H&C bcz is one year bar now? help plz.

Temilola10

May 25, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Please I will like to ask the house.
I am just curious about my Application for H$C based on medical grounds for me and some issues against my child back home.
I submitted my Application through a Lawyer since last year. My Application says, Application Recieved on May 29th and till now it's still Application Recieved.
I'm worried, especially when I see people who applied after me that has their Application status changed to In process after few Months.

Does it mean my Application is abandoned?
Or no one is attending to my file?
Or is it possible my application is in Process and they don't change the status online?
Or does it mean my application will take longer than everyone else's?

Can anyone help me with some information.
I am so worried.

I will be waiting for responses.
Thank you

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Hi
I got The AIP before 2weeks

Is it possible to explain to me how you have submitted a work permit ?
Please step by step
Especially the first questions
Hi

Sorry for late reply , congrats for your AIP. Did you applied for your work permit?

tessybaby5

Feb 17, 2016
Hi everyone.We are a family of 7. 5 kids .My family refugee claim was rejected in march 2019 and my two daughters claim were accepted The minister contested it thanks to God it was later withdrawn leaving 4 of us to apply for H&C because we have a 2 year old canadian citizen.We have applied for H&C since April 2019 through our lawyer and we are still waiting.
I am working so do my husband because we still have our OPW permit.Believing God for speed.
I thank God for everyone who have their AIP and PR.I pray for those still waiting to all have positive results.

KOKO 88

Feb 10, 2019
Hi

Sorry for late reply , congrats for your AIP. Did you applied for your work permit?
Thank you very much

Yes I have a valid work permit for two years until 2021.

** I sent to immigration
1- medical - also I see now ( medical have been received )
2- I sent background check ( but I don’t see it in GCkey )
I call the immigration before 2 days, she tell me only wait.

How long do you think?

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Thank you very much

Yes I have a valid work permit for two years until 2021.

** I sent to immigration
1- medical - also I see now ( medical have been received )
2- I sent background check ( but I don’t see it in GCkey )
I call the immigration before 2 days, she tell me only wait.

How long do you think?
By GCkey you mean ecas? And by background checks you mean schedule A and police clearance? If so, you will not get further notice until they ask for new documents or a decision made. Unfortunately I can't tell how long you will wait, background checks conducted by cic/csis/cbsa can be very long. For me it's took 23 from AIP to get my PR. But rejoice you past the hardest part, I wish you a smooth and quick process.

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Thank you ! I was really looking for this , I have been checking all the time never found any threads until you created one ! Thanks I hope everyone gonna share and help each other’s with info !
Hi
I just got AIP. In 11 months..
Could you please let me know next steps...
Still chances that can ask me financial documents because I already submitted.
Do you any idea of timeline now day
Regards

Jun 19, 2019
my friend application is already 18 months and her ECAS still application received any idea why its too long to process her application or maybe its neglected

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Multiple months. Usually a year or more to hear if your are approved for AIP. If you are applying for a parent or grandparent there is a specific program called PGP. Parents and grandparents do get refused for H&C and then they have difficulty ever visiting Canada again.
Hi
I got AIP in 11 months . Can you let me know how long they take average timeline?
Stage 2 approval is hard to get ?