+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I just need one last answer. The lawyer I hired he is out of Canada. He said he will back on 18th. And 19th is Sunday and Monday is long weekend. And my PRRA Submission due date is 22nd.
Now my questions is, if he send the application on 21st by post office, what is the chance they will receive my package by 22nd.
Right now I couldn’t finish any other lawyer. I have really limited time. Please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just need one last answer. The lawyer I hired he is out of Canada. He said he will back on 18th. And 19th is Sunday and Monday is long weekend. And my PRRA Submission due date is 22nd.
Now my questions is, if he send the application on 21st by post office, what is the chance they will receive my package by 22nd.
Right now I couldn’t finish any other lawyer. I have really limited time. Please help
May be possible if you live in a certain area of Canada and your lawyer arrives at the courier company first thing in the morning on the 21st and pays for overnight delivery. You likely have to live in the same province as the office or maybe adjacent.

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
May be possible if you live in a certain area of Canada and your lawyer arrives at the courier company first thing in the morning on the 21st and pays for overnight delivery. You likely have to live in the same province as the office or maybe adjacent.
Thank you for your reply. I live inToronto and I need to send the documents to Vancouver

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Actually my appeal was rejected in 2015. And I need to reporting every month. So this month I went to CBSA for change voice system as they change the 74 Victoria street for Reporting centre. When I was at 6900 airport road they told me Officer wants to talk with me. So then she told me I can apply for PRRA and if I failed she will remove me within 4 to 6 weeks.
So it’s almost after 3 years they asked me to do PRRA
Thank you for the information.
Wish you all the best

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I live inToronto and I need to send the documents to Vancouver
I don't know the rest but just for the record HM-Vancouver (605 Robson St) did take hand-delivered cases. I live in Vancouver and I chose to hand my case in person when I did it in Apr 2017. Not sure if it's still the case now.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Hello Sanjida,

Really sory to ear that your are in such a bad situation, I hope everything will end up good for you.

For PRRA, I wasn't able to get all the documents I need on time, and I was about to submit my H&C too, so I just fill the personal info questions and on the few last questions about my PRRA reasons, I wrote that I need a bit more time to submit additional docs and proof, and applied few days before time limite. But at this time, I was about to give birth few weeks after my PRRA limite date, so it's worked.

Then I quickly sent my H&C application and never got time to send additional docs for PRRA file ( my baby got sick and I was stucked in hospital ) and I got my AIP pretty quickly. Then, few days later, I received a letter saying that my PRRA file is closed because of H&C Approval.

If you are worried about time limite for PRRA ask your lawyer if you can do the same and then send your supportives docs as soon as he come back.

Good luck.

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello Sanjida,

Really sory to ear that your are in such a bad situation, I hope everything will end up good for you.

For PRRA, I wasn't able to get all the documents I need on time, and I was about to submit my H&C too, so I just fill the personal info questions and on the few last questions about my PRRA reasons, I wrote that I need a bit more time to submit additional docs and proof, and applied few days before time limite. But at this time, I was about to give birth few weeks after my PRRA limite date, so it's worked.

Then I quickly sent my H&C application and never got time to send additional docs for PRRA file ( my baby got sick and I was stucked in hospital ) and I got my AIP pretty quickly. Then, few days later, I received a letter saying that my PRRA file is closed because of H&C Approval.

If you are worried about time limite for PRRA ask your lawyer if you can do the same and then send your supportives docs as soon as he come back.

Good luck.
Thank you for your idea. I tried to call my lawyer so many times but he is not answering. But now I will use your idea. Hope it’s work.
I was also Collecting all my documents for H&C but suddenly this PRRA come out.

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Thank you for your idea. I tried to call my lawyer so many times but he is not answering. But now I will use your idea. Hope it’s work.
I was also Collecting all my documents for H&C but suddenly this PRRA come out.
You need a lawyer that is easily available to you. Your lawyer seem to be too busy .

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Hello, so I got the acknowledge letter for H&C and waiting for further step. Meanwhile, my work permit will be expiring soon. Can I renew my work permit?
And how do I apply for PRRA? No one has contacted me yet nor got any removable letter or any such sort of mail.

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hello, so I got the acknowledge letter for H&C and waiting for further step. Meanwhile, my work permit will be expiring soon. Can I renew my work permit?
And how do I apply for PRRA? No one has contacted me yet nor got any removable letter or any such sort of mail.
If you're a failed refugee claimant, you will be barred from applying for PRRA for 12 months.
H&C application does not give you any status unless you got a first stage approval, then you will get a stay of removal.
If you do not have an unenforceable removal order, you won't be able to apply for a work permit.