+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
If you're a failed refugee claimant, you will be barred from applying for PRRA for 12 months.
H&C application does not give you any status unless you got a first stage approval, then you will get a stay of removal.
If you do not have an unenforceable removal order, you won't be able to apply for a work permit.
Thank you for your reply. But to apply for PRRA, I heard only an officer can decide if I can apply. But no one has contacted me yet. I would need to renew my work permit. As I am working full time currently to support myself.
Any thoughts, what can be done.
12 months is completed already, therefore I submitted for H&C. But for PRRA, nowhere I can get the application.

Please help.

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Thank you for your reply. But to apply for PRRA, I heard only an officer can decide if I can apply. But no one has contacted me yet. I would need to renew my work permit. As I am working full time currently to support myself.
12 months is completed already, therefore I submitted for H&C. But for PRRA, nowhere I can get the application.

Please help.
Well if you do have a removal order that is not enforceable you'd be entitled to work permit anyway. But consult a legal professional about it first.

Reactions: refugeeseeker

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018

Please help.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/pre-removal-risk-assessment.html

CBSA officers are supposed to initiate PRRA when you are perceived to be removal-ready

Reactions: refugeeseeker

KOKO 88

Feb 10, 2019
Please let me know just send medical along with Landing fee,
So after all this how long does it take to get AIP?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello all,
I have one question, my refugee case was refused because of misrepresenting. And it wasn’t my fault I was misguided. Now I ask for to do apply for PRRA.
Now my question is do I need to use same story I told to refugee board or it can be same
One information for you is that CIC never take "It is not my fault" as an valid excuse for any misrepresentation. You are the applicant and you have the full responsibility for anything you put on your claim and applications, not your lawyer, not your friends and not anyone else, but you. Since you have been found misrepresentation, you are effectively banned for 5 years from Canada, so I don't think you are qualified for PRRA.

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello all,
I sent my PRRA application on time. I send it thru POST OFFICE with High Priory but still they didn’t delivered it. My 1st application submitted date was yesterday but still it’s in Route.
I am going to face a big problem. Please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,
I sent my PRRA application on time. I send it thru POST OFFICE with High Priory but still they didn’t delivered it. My 1st application submitted date was yesterday but still it’s in Route.
I am going to face a big problem. Please help
The post office should have told you when the guaranteed delivery date is.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I asked they said one business day and they told me they will get by 22nd.
Feel like I explained to you that you'd have to get to the post office first thing on Tuesday but it would likely not be possible from Vancouver to get next day service to Toronto.

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I will start,

I applied for H&C last year on january by my own on best interest of a child ground.
7month later, without any AOR, I got a call from CIC to update my file and we talk for about 30mns about my application and familly. I receive AIP (Approval in principle) 1 day later.

Since the AIP I didn't ear any news from IRCC until january 2018, I received médical request and Annex A request. it's was all done by the end of january and my background still in progress.

and I still waiting....:oops:
Any update so far?

KOKO 88

Feb 10, 2019
Please let me know just send medical along with Landing fee,
So after all this how long does it take to get AIP?

Rafffff

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Hey,
I didn't know where to post my question, but I was wondering if it is possible to delete a post or reply from this forum. I didn't seem to find any way to do that

KOKO 88

Feb 10, 2019
Good morning to everyone

I hope you have experienced assistance in my problem

I came to Canada as a refugee in 2017 and my asylum was refused
It was then filed on appeal and was also rejected in April 2018
Me & my wife are stateless , I have two children, one with US citizenship and the other with Canadian citizenship of three years and two years of age

We introduced H & C at july 3/2018
And in process April 12/2019
Medical received

Today, the request to leave Canada was sent to our home address

I can not appeal to leave because I am stateless, and I have been an appointment to Canada's border two weeks later

Please advise and thank you very much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good morning to everyone

I hope you have experienced assistance in my problem

I came to Canada as a refugee in 2017 and my asylum was refused
It was then filed on appeal and was also rejected in April 2018
Me & my wife are stateless , I have two children, one with US citizenship and the other with Canadian citizenship of three years and two years of age

We introduced H & C at july 3/2018
And in process April 12/2019
Medical received

Today, the request to leave Canada was sent to our home address

I can not appeal to leave because I am stateless, and I have been an appointment to Canada's border two weeks later

Please advise and thank you very much
You need a lawyer.