+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Btw in less than 9 months i ordered 5 GCMS notes , calling daily , emailing three HM offices weekly despite updated by webform monthly and still not enough I involved MP office last month that how you should treat ircc officer otherwise they just ignored your file
Sorry I forgot to mentioned I updated my file some time by regular mail to burrant st BC by Canada post yea that is how it works for me
Ordering GCMS notes when you know there won’t be any progress is a waste of resources and diverts resources that could go to processing applications. If you are experience normal processing times there is not need to order GCMS notes.l regularly. You may want to order them once your processing has started between 1.5-2 years to confirm what has been completed but most of the information is available online without the need for GCMS notes. Calling H&C employees very regularly is not recommended. You want the employees to be on your side. If you become an annoyance and they feel like you are wasting their time they are less likely to help you. When you keep calling them extremely frequently is time that could be used to work on your file and others. MPs can rarely do anything unless processing is significantly out of normal processing times. The one exception may be if there is an exceptional situation which typically involves a serious illness where treatment is not currently accessible or where prognosis is pretty bleak and there is limited time. H&C cases should all have some form of exceptional circumstances so it is difficult to get faster processing. If you don’t mind sharing what are the general basis for your expedited processing reauest?

Reactions: Taweda

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Ordering GCMS notes when you know there won’t be any progress is a waste of resources and diverts resources that could go to processing applications. If you are experience normal processing times there is not need to order GCMS notes.l regularly. You may want to order them once your processing has started between 1.5-2 years to confirm what has been completed but most of the information is available online without the need for GCMS notes. Calling H&C employees very regularly is not recommended. You want the employees to be on your side. If you become an annoyance and they feel like you are wasting their time they are less likely to help you. When you keep calling them extremely frequently is time that could be used to work on your file and others. MPs can rarely do anything unless processing is significantly out of normal processing times. The one exception may be if there is an exceptional situation which typically involves a serious illness where treatment is not currently accessible or where prognosis is pretty bleak and there is limited time. H&C cases should all have some form of exceptional circumstances so it is difficult to get faster processing. If you don’t mind sharing what are the general basis for your expedited processing reauest?
What is about my situation, I haven’t requested GCMS for some time and haven’t contacted them due to the difficulty in obtaining the line. Even if I could reach an agent, they wouldn’t provide additional details about my file. I’m quite frustrated with this process. Would it be advisable to involve my MP?

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
The big issue is that PR isn’t guaranteed and Canada has provided option like supervisa which would likely be fine for your mother. Parents are not included in PR applications so people should be making preparations for having to live separately knowing parent sponsorship is not guaranteed. Canada sets a quota for parent sponsorship because Canada has an ageing population and infrastructure like HC is very stretched. It was actually very lucky that your father was accepted as a private patient even if you were able to pay. Due to waitlist many hospitals will not accept private patients or visitors for ongoing care. One of the reason for the increase H&C processing times is that many people have filed applications for their parents because PGP has been closed. It’s impossible to tell whether your mother’s application will be accepted but I expect IRCC is going to have to take a firmer stance when it comes to people not waiting to qualify for PGP and applying for H&C. In general the government needs to reinforce the message that parent sponsorship is not guaranteed and there is no timetable for acceptance if you want to try to sponsor your parents and that H&C was not meant to circumvent the parent specific programs. You wouldn’t have qualified for PGP2020 unless you lived in Quebec while many others in very similar situation than your mother have been waiting years for PR while applying each year for PGP. As already noted if your mother’s TRV is denied you will have to decide whether you want to risk her overstaying her visa. H&C processing will continue in and out of Canada.
Thanks @canuck78 for your objective outlook. I agree that PR isn't guaranteed and Canada has Supervisa and PGP in place for family reunification. However, PGP hasn't opened since 2020. I still blame myself for not entering the pool when it was open in 2020 (I was eligible, but I made an error during currency conversion and thought I didn't meet the financial criteria in 2018 when I clearly did). Right now, my mom doesn't have the option to enter the pool. Only other option left is SuperVisa which she already has. Tragically though since the Visa is linked to her passport both are expiring in Apr 2024. Life is fragile and cannot wait for an unknown to work in our favour. I am not alone in saying that our parents need us now. No one has seen tomorrow.

I agree that H&C is not meant to circumvent parent specific programs. Canada does have a decision to make. Either allow family reunifications or be ready to accept that high tax paying individuals (top 5%) will leave Canada. Canada needs to stop treating immigrants as cash cows.

Thuvakarsn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2023
Pickering
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Niagara falls
App. Filed.......
12-04-2022
Hi guys any one have experience
My criminality was pass nov 19 2023 and now again status changed to process.
what is that mean it will long or any one know ?

Reactions: Zahra97

Zahra97

Star Member
Dec 16, 2023
What is about my situation, I haven’t requested GCMS for some time and haven’t contacted them due to the difficulty in obtaining the line. Even if I could reach an agent, they wouldn’t provide additional details about my file. I’m quite frustrated with this process. Would it be advisable to involve my MP?
I just spoke to them waiting line was 9 minutes not sure why you still didn’t order atip?

Zahra97

Star Member
Dec 16, 2023
Medical basis and FYI treatment is accessible in home country

Zahra97

Star Member
Dec 16, 2023
Not sure what her skin colour has to do with this. She was likely saying that ODSP is better than welfare but neither are great to qualify for H&C. Proof that you are financially self-sufficient and will not be depending on the government to support your family would give your the best chance of being approved for H&C.
No she meant ODSP can help my application

Zahra97

Star Member
Dec 16, 2023
Do you think mental issue is considered as a serious illness? But this mental issue was approved by ODSP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks @canuck78 for your objective outlook. I agree that PR isn't guaranteed and Canada has Supervisa and PGP in place for family reunification. However, PGP hasn't opened since 2020. I still blame myself for not entering the pool when it was open in 2020 (I was eligible, but I made an error during currency conversion and thought I didn't meet the financial criteria in 2018 when I clearly did). Right now, my mom doesn't have the option to enter the pool. Only other option left is SuperVisa which she already has. Tragically though since the Visa is linked to her passport both are expiring in Apr 2024. Life is fragile and cannot wait for an unknown to work in our favour. I am not alone in saying that our parents need us now. No one has seen tomorrow.

I agree that H&C is not meant to circumvent parent specific programs. Canada does have a decision to make. Either allow family reunifications or be ready to accept that high tax paying individuals (top 5%) will leave Canada. Canada needs to stop treating immigrants as cash cows.
Parent sponsorship is not part of many immigration programs around the world especially with access to public healthcare. Immigration isn’t the right choice for everyone. Many move moved to Canada knowing they would not be able to sponsor their parents in the past so I believe it will continue. There are millions who have worked and paid into the healthcare system who are waiting for care and lack a GP, we have wait lists for LTC, not enough hospital capacity, etc. and the HC is a very large portion of our budget and seniors make up a large portion of care dollars. We can’t afford to add hundreds of thousands of more seniors to the system the infrastructure doesn’t have the capacity. Many of the current seniors were immigrants themselves who paid into the system, did not get to sponsor their parents, etc. If there was excess capacity in the system or a private/public system where sponsored parents had to pay for private care like in Australia then it may be doable but should we not prioritize the people who have paid into the system first? (Before you say you pay a lot of taxes unless you are paying millions in taxes your taxes will not cover the cost of your parents care, you and your spouse’s care and your dependent children). There needs to be a honest conversation so people can make proper decisions before coming to Canada.

Reactions: DaveAngel

Jen1820

Jan 21, 2020
Hi Guys,

do you know if refugee claimants are eligible for the homes support worker program opening in January 2024?

Victorknow

Star Member
Dec 17, 2022
Canada
Category........
Other
No they aren’t. They would need to leave Canada to be eligible to apply.
That’s not true, I applied for HSWB this year as inland and my application is far in processing. Got my spouse work permit through this pilot program even as am on H and C. The important thing is meeting the 3 basic requirements.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That’s not true, I applied for HSWB this year and my application is way more n processing. Got my spouse work permit through thi pilot program even as am on H and C.
When you claim asylum you have no status in Canada while temporary status is required for most if not all economic programs. Time working in Canada can also only be counted when trying to secure protected person status if you are approved as a protected person in the end. Were you a failed asylum claimant?