+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
@DaveAngel, If you came to Canada as a refugee and have under age children, you can apply for work permit renewal and attaching a letter appealing to officer that you have children and do not want to depend on welfare support. Attache the kids ID and other documents like school reports.
Wishing you best of luck.
Hi @SweetQueen,

Thank you for your response.
Let me rephrase it to ensure clarity, and please correct me if I'm wrong.
Are you suggesting that if I apply for H&C based on the best interest of a child, I can also apply for a work permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @SweetQueen,

Are you suggesting that if I apply for H&C based on the best interest of a child, I can also apply for a work permit?
No. That's not the case.

If you previously applied for refugee status, then a work permit may be possible.

Do you have a failed refugee claim?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @scylla,

I just wondered how some members could support themselves while waiting for 1st stage approval, which takes months or even years, if they couldn't obtain a work permit.
Some people come to Canada with funds / savings. Some work under the table.

Reactions: SweetQueen

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hi @SweetQueen,

I apologize for not asking questions first.
Did you come to Canada as a refugee claimant?
If yes, that suggestion worked for most families I know including mine.

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
No. That's not the case.

If you previously applied for refugee status, then a work permit may be possible.

Do you have a failed refugee claim?
I apologize for not asking questions first.
Did you come to Canada as a refugee claimant?
If yes, that suggestion worked for most families I know including mine.
@scylla & @SweetQueen, thanks for your responses.

I am a refugee claimant, and I will have my eligibility interview on January 2nd. I hope to receive a positive decision, but I need to prepare for the worst if I exhaust all options and need to apply for H&C.

If I apply for H&C as a failed refugee based on the best interest of a child ground, am I eligible to obtain a work permit? How can I apply because as a failed refugee, I have no status?

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Some people come to Canada with funds / savings. Some work under the table.

Oh, I see... but savings will not last long if the waiting times are too long. I think the answer is working under the table.
And then it leads to my next question: How can I avoid deportation if I'm out of status? :p

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
@scylla & @SweetQueen, thanks for your responses.

I am a refugee claimant, and I will have my eligibility interview on January 2nd. I hope to receive a positive decision, but I need to prepare for the worst if I exhaust all options and need to apply for H&C.

If I apply for H&C as a failed refugee based on the best interest of a child ground, am I eligible to obtain a work permit? How can I apply because as a failed refugee, I have no status?
I pray that you will get positive decision by the grace of God.
My earlier suggestion is for failed refugee claimants. After we exhausted all possible options and applied for H&C and our WP was near expiry, we applied for a WP renewal with the letter as mentioned and my children’s documents from school. Also we included the AOR for H&C application to proof that we have an application going on. It was approved. That is what most people in that situation do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh, I see... but savings will not last long if the waiting times are too long. I think the answer is working under the table.
And then it leads to my next question: How can I avoid deportation if I'm out of status? :p
Applying for PRRA is the main way to try to avoid deportation.

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
My earlier suggestion is for failed refugee claimants. After we exhausted all possible options and applied for H&C and our WP was near expiry, we applied for a WP renewal with the letter as mentioned and my children’s documents from school. Also we included the AOR for H&C application to proof that we have an application going on. It was approved. That is what most people in that situation do.

Thank you so much for your prayers and encouraging words. I truly appreciate your guidance.

Your suggestion regarding the renewal of a work permit with the mentioned documents and the inclusion of the AOR for the H&C application is incredibly helpful. I will definitely keep this in mind as I navigate through my situation. It's reassuring to hear about the positive outcome you experienced, and I will follow this approach if needed.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and offering valuable advice. I am grateful for your support.

By the way, what is the progress of your H&C application?

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Thank you so much for your prayers and encouraging words. I truly appreciate your guidance.

Your suggestion regarding the renewal of a work permit with the mentioned documents and the inclusion of the AOR for the H&C application is incredibly helpful. I will definitely keep this in mind as I navigate through my situation. It's reassuring to hear about the positive outcome you experienced, and I will follow this approach if needed.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and offering valuable advice. I am grateful for your support.

By the way, what is the progress of your H&C application?
We became PR 2 years ago. It all ended in praise.
I pray that soon you and others still waiting will testify.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To the best of my knowledge, we cannot apply for PRRA unless the CBSA officer offers it to us.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
That's correct

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
We became PR 2 years ago. It all ended in praise.
I pray that soon you and others still waiting will testify.
Woow! congratulations on becoming PR two years ago!
I appreciate your prayers. I hope that soon, indeed, I and others still waiting will have our own testimonies.
Thank you for still being in this forum and sharing your positive experience, even though you have already successfully completed your H&C journey.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi my friend! Hope you will get your Canadian citizenship soon ❤