H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello guys
I wanted to ask, can I just call the call center to ask if my application process started or how is it going even tho it’s just 8 month ago since I applied. Also I did my medical 2019 would they ask me to do medical again if so how long do you thing will take for them to ask me medical. Thanks
Hi, is this your first application ?

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hello guys
I wanted to ask, can I just call the call center to ask if my application process started or how is it going even tho it’s just 8 month ago since I applied. Also I did my medical 2019 would they ask me to do medical again if so how long do you thing will take for them to ask me medical. Thanks
Did you apply by paper or online? Did you get AOR or check any status update?
Mostly you will not need to do medical again if it gets processed within this year (exempt for 5 years, so depends on the date of your medical and when they work on your file)

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Can someone let me know that if we called and spoke to the agent once after 1 year, will it affect our processing? I see some people had said it doesnt affect and others say that the agent does know that we have called in? And how does it work if we just listen to the voicemail status?

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Please house I have received my aip and my lawyer have send all necessary documents for second stage please how can I be checking my application status because my application use submitted online or any way to link my application.thanks

Reactions: Taweda

Minsterfum

Star Member
Feb 9, 2023
Can someone let me know that if we called and spoke to the agent once after 1 year, will it affect our processing? I see some people had said it doesnt affect and others say that the agent does know that we have called in? And how does it work if we just listen to the voicemail status?
During these 2 months that I sent my application I spoke to agent at call centre 69 times except voicemail I mean automated phone call because weekends agents are sleeping so what is wrong with that ?? Of course whenever you speak with the agent officer can see that you concern for your application they know each time

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
During these 2 months that I sent my application I spoke to agent at call centre 69 times except voicemail I mean automated phone call because weekends agents are sleeping so what is wrong with that ?? Of course whenever you speak with the agent officer can see that you concern for your application they know each time
I think some officers may not like it if they can see every call log right? Especially within the first few months when the process is clearly 21 months, wouldn't they feel pushed too much if someone is calling them repeatedly? Maybe seniors can advise if it's a good idea to call so much or not?

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
I think some officers may not like it if they can see every call log right? Especially within the first few months when the process is clearly 21 months, wouldn't they feel pushed too much if someone is calling them repeatedly? Maybe seniors can advise if it's a good idea to call so much or not?
I personally do not think it's a good idea to keep calling them. That can some how piss them off it's as if one is forcing them to do their job.

When they refused my application in October 2022 I requested a reconsideration on November 10th 2022 I only called the center once which was in December of 2022 to asked if there was an officer working on my file because it was still showing decision made on ecas and the agent placed me on a brief hold then came back and said yes there is a officer that is working on my file. I said thank you very much and got off the phone (Note I never called them back) a few months later (March 2023) they requested medical for two of my family members then shortly after Aip came (April 2023).

My advice is to not bug them let them do their jobs they have the handle and we are holding onto the blade if they pull it we are the ones that are going to bleed.

So with that being said just have faith and be patient it will end in praise!

Last edited:

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi, if the application hasn't been assigned to a decision-maker then no one outside of the Call-centre is looking at how many times someone phoned.

Once the file is assigned then the officer is looking at the application(s). I suppose that they might notice if someone called hundreds of times and wonder if the applicant is just a little bit nuts?

It's a snippet of perhaps unrelated information, or it could inspire a decision-maker to believe that there's sufficient mental instability that the applicant would be better off subsisting in their country of origin, for their own well-being.

It's a funny world, isn't it?

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Is it assigned to an officer when it goes in process on ecas? Or at a later stage? I'm just worried because I called in once about a week after medical received..went in process in September 2022 and now medical received but agent told me that its assigned to an officer and they havent started eligibility or any others yet except medical...so not sure what it means...what if I call in on the voicemail? Will they also know we have checked it?

Minsterfum

Star Member
Feb 9, 2023
Hi, if the application hasn't been assigned to a decision-maker then no one outside of the Call-centre is looking at how many times someone phoned.

Once the file is assigned then the officer is looking at the application(s). I suppose that they might notice if someone called hundreds of times and wonder if the applicant is just a little bit nuts?

It's a snippet of perhaps unrelated information, or it could inspire a decision-maker to believe that there's sufficient mental instability that the applicant would be better off subsisting in their country of origin, for their own well-being.

It's a funny world, isn't it?
FYI, I’m sending PDF every three weeks via 3 different emails address as well as ircc webform
Also so many faxes and sent so many documents via mailing address to Vancouver just want to know I’m treating them like pets …..

I do pee to all immigration paper and all stuff

it is funny isn’t!

Last edited: