01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Once you complete first stage, you would get AIP. Have you received AIP yet?
No we have not received AIP but just got an update saying medical received (it was done within the past 5 years)...based on what I have seen on the forum, that's usually a positive and shortly after AIP or just before.
So when I called and spoke to the agent, they informed us that eligibility has not started yet, so that means we cannot say if its positive or negative yet in that case..

Reactions: wello711

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
No we have not received AIP but just got an update saying medical received (it was done within the past 5 years)...based on what I have seen on the forum, that's usually a positive and shortly after AIP or just before.
So when I called and spoke to the agent, they informed us that eligibility has not started yet, so that means we cannot say if its positive or negative yet in that case..
Hi may I know if you have work permit and when did you come to the country?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Could you please share your timeline if you don't mind?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Some people say a lot of things. It isn't true.

H&C decision-making is based upon policy, jurisprudence and the quality of the evidence provided by the applicant. It's already sufficiently complicated without introducing any agenda of any sort.

H&Cs only became a part of legislation with IRPA because the Minister's office couldn't direct the approval of an H&C application - only officers held that authority before IRPA. They'd be thanked for their input and reminded that they're toothless.

If you knew how temporary leadership is; how unpredictable funding can be, and how utterly unwelcome secrets agendas would be greeted by this large group then you'd rest better.

Officers arrive, put their lunches in the office fridge and sip their coffee and review the application before them. They LIKE their independence and the easiest path for them is to do a thorough review and make a reasonable decision that won't be returned by the courts. Their managers review their productivity statistics and see how well their decisions fair in court.

Applicants seem to either praise God or damn their lawyers after the decision.
Thank you very much

Reactions: EFK123

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Could you please share your timeline if you don't mind?

Applied in May 2022
AOR June 2022
In process September 2022
Medical received June 2023

No work permit. It's for widowed parent on visit visa and all the children, toddler grandchild (for whom they are caretaker as the parents work all day), friends and community is here - applicant has been here since 3 years -(been extending it). Nothing to go back to in country of origin since not lived there since teens, and lots of hardships in third world country.

Reactions: wello711

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Applied in May 2022
AOR June 2022
In process September 2022
Medical received June 2023

No work permit. It's for widowed parent on visit visa and all the children, toddler grandchild (for whom they are caretaker as the parents work all day), friends and community is here - applicant has been here since 3 years -(been extending it). Nothing to go back to in country of origin since not lived there since teens, and lots of hardships in third world country.
Good luck ❤

focus4real

Jun 2, 2023
Hello everyone and thanks for all the knowledge been shared, please will like to ask if your application has passed the processing time and no second stage approval yet and also the portal still displaying in process