+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Love101

Feb 8, 2022
Yes I declared that I worked for cash or maybe I didn't I cant remember but I did tell them the company I worked for
Fair enough! I wouldn't panick. They might and might not consult CRA and if they do,
they may want you to pay off the tax owed for 2013 - 2015. Btw When was your AIP, have you submitted all required documents? You can call client center to check on the stage of the process or how many checks completed. I did that on Wednesday.

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
Fair enough! I wouldn't panick. They might and might not consult CRA and if they do,
they may want you to pay off the tax owed for 2013 - 2015. Btw When was your AIP, have you submitted all required documents? You can call client center to check on the stage of the process or how many checks completed. I did that on Wednesday.
Aip was a couple months ago ,what is the number il do that?

TwiceasTall

Aug 16, 2020
I finally have some good news, I received AIP
It has not been easy.

My full timeline is

We've received your application for permanent residence on March 12,2019.
AOR: April 12,2019.
We started processing your application on October 8, 2020
Decision made: February 2021 (negative)

Filed for JR : February 2021
Leave to appeal granted: May 2022
Court Appeal : August 2022
Positive court decision : August 2022 ( 2 weeks after court date)
Application sent for redetermination (showing in process on e-cas): September 2022
Asked to update my application: September 2022
Medical Instructions Sent: October 2022
Medicals Received: October 2022
AIP, request for police certificates and financial info : November 2022

I really want to thank the members of this forum for all the helpful information and encouragement shared here.

I especially want to thank user @bella12 that posted a detailed guideline for writing immigration story.

My lawyer asked for $3000 just to update my application in September. I refused because he did not submit enough evidence in the first place and that’s why my first application was denied.

I updated my application by myself following the guidelines in @bella12 ’s post which was very helpful.

Does have any guidelines on how to submit the information requested with AIP?
They’ve asked for police certificate, I’ve been in Canada since I was 17 and haven’t left the country. What do I do?
For employment, I lost my job when my sin expired in 2019 and I haven’t worked since then. I’ve been living with and supported by my friends. How do I show this?

Sending positive vibes to everyone.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
It has not been easy.

My full timeline is

Application sent for redetermination (showing in process on e-cas): September 2022

I really want to thank the members of this forum for all the helpful information and encouragement shared here.

I especially want to thank user @bella12 that posted a detailed guideline for writing immigration story.

My lawyer asked for $3000 just to update my application in September. I refused because he did not submit enough evidence in the first place and that’s why my first application was denied.

I updated my application by myself following the guidelines in @bella12 ’s post which was very helpful.

They’ve asked for police certificate, I’ve been in Canada since I was 17 and haven’t left the country. What do I do?
For employment, I lost my job when my sin expired in 2019 and I haven’t worked since then. I’ve been living with and supported by my friends. How do I show this?

Congratulations to you. This is another great encouraging news for those of us in the waiting.

Rozzy

Nov 9, 2022
Hello everyone please can someone help me with the necessary documents or information to support PRRA application
Thank You

CanadaMKMK22

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Ok I understand what you are saying. But I am telling you. You can file JR without reasons. Asking for a leave and requesting reason for refusal as you did not receive it. Almost everyone I know that did JR. Waiting to get reason from court then fix your arguements and if your lawyer refuse to tell you this. I think he is out for money. But again. It’s all up to you. It takes CBSA up to one month to receive refusal notes. Call the call centre and they will tell you if notes were sent there yet. Plus if you apply for GCMS notes you will get notes in that. But officers can be very mean I think you will be the 3rd person here to have officer not send notes. I was one of who officer sent notes month and a little to CBSA. And I filed JR 5days after negative answer without reasons and request reason from court.
Thanks <3

CanadaMKMK22

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
JR is a very long process taking many months and even years. Your lawyer will have plenty of time to get refusal notes and build up your case. She just needs to file appeal within 15 days - not complete arguments. Even if IRCC and CBsA refuse providing reasons, laywer will order GCMS notes and read everything there. GCmS is your right under Access to Information and Privacy act - IRCc can't brush off that one.
Thank you K! <3

CanadaMKMK22

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
@CanadaMKMK22 Hi dear, you don’t need a refusal note to file a JR, you can go ahead and file the JR. Your lawyer will request it during the process because he will need it. In my own case I requested for the refusal notes because I needed it to write a reconsideration and thank God they provided it. I also filed for JR without mentioning anything to my lawyer regarding the refusal notes I got or even the reconsideration.
Thank

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
It has not been easy.

My full timeline is

@TwiceasTall A big congrat to you .

I am delighted every advise and recommendations given in this forum works majority of the time.A lot of this people are in this forum. They have hands-on experience and that have done their application themselves and got approved.

Also, the atmosphere of love and team work in this forum is awesome. The words of encouragement is what has made it possible for a lot of people not to give up and have hope. This one of the core reason I always like to pop on the forum to read all your comments ,

For those who still see lawyer as a savior of humanity, I urge you to use them with caution. Majority of them are ONLY interested your money. They don't give a rat ass( excuse my french) about your application. Approved or Refused application, you still have to pay them their FULL MONEY( whether you like it or not). So, there is no constraint or pressure on lawyers to do a perfect job since their money is guaranteed.

Ask yourself, what is the special thing a lawyer do that you can't do yourself? The CORE thing lawyer do is to help you organize your document and submit to IRCC... Does this sound like what you should charged thousand of dollars ?.... Keep in mind you are still the person that will need to provide them with evidence, documents, tell them your immigration story etc.... Does this sound like something that is worth thousands ? Think about it for a sec.

The "fear factor" is what I have notice make some people to see lawyers as saviour of humanity or immigration guru.

It is vital I point this myth out...For some people that use lawyer and their application got approved. Just because your application got approved with help of a lawyer does not mean that the lawyer did a fantastic job. What MOST people do NOT know is that some of this application got approved BASE OF THE MERIT OF YOUR CASE. it has NOTHING to do service of your lawyer. By default, your case has a lot of merit is what got it approved.....

I use a lawyer for my first application. I paid close to 10,000 dollars. Guess what ? That application was refused ! I wish I can show you the job the lawyer did. Even a 5 year child can do a better job. In my refusal letter, the IRCC officer wrote some things that suggest the lawyer did a bad job.... There are numerous people that have experience the same with lawyers. This is why there is an ever growing community against the use of lawyers.

One thing I have notice with a lot of lawyers is that they hate when client ask questions ( especially when what they doing is not clear to the client). They just want you to BLINDLY trust them. They also love clients with very LIMITED knowledge about anything to do with immigration. So that when they tell you anything, you will blindly believe them and will not ask questions.

The problem I see with a lot of clients/applicants is that they have this notion that lawyers knows everything about immigration. They believe that just because they have a degree in law means they are smart and have monopoly of knowledge about immigration. .... You can compare them to someone who have first hand experience. Am refering to those who did their application themselves. Those kind of people have way more knowledge than lawyers.

Once very common bad thing about lawyers is that when they make mistakes on your application and it get refused, they have a deceptive way on putting the blame on their clients or gaslight them. You will NEVER see a lawyer that admit to their mistake when they mess up your application.

I ended up doing my application by myself with the advice from immigration gurus / experts in this forum ( aka people with hands on experience that did their application themselves and got approved ). These were the people that advice me and guided me in how best to prepare my second application. All of their advice worked like a charm and my application was approved within 7month ......

I do hope more people will have the courage to do their application themselves and stop wasting their hard earned money on this lawyers.

Once again, congrats to you. Welcome to the club !

Last edited:

kaynn

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
It has not been easy.

My full timeline is

Patience pays congrats

Reactions: bella12

Rahulcanada525

Jan 17, 2022
@TwiceasTall A big congrat to you .

I am delighted every advise and recommendations given in this forum works majority of them. These people who have hand-ons experience and that have done their application themselves and got approved.

Also, the atmosphere of love and team work in this forum is awesome. The words of encouragement is what has made it possible for a lot of people not to give up and have hope. This one of the core reason I always like to pop on the forum to read all your comments ,

For those who still see lawyer as a savior of humanity, I urge you to use them with caution. Majority of them are ONLY interested your money. They don't give a rat ass( excuse my french) about your application. Approved or Refused application, you still have to pay them their FULL MONEY( whether you like it or not). So, there is no constraint or pressure on lawyers to do a perfect job since their money is guaranteed.

Ask yourself, what is the special thing a lawyer do that you can't do yourself? The CORE thing lawyer do is to help you organize your document and submit to IRCC... Does this sound like what you should charged thousand of dollars ?.... Keep in mind you are still the person that will need to provide them with evidence, documents tell them your immigration story etc.... Does this sound like something that is worth thousands ?....

The "fear factor" is what I have notice make some people to see lawyers as saviour of humanity or immigration guru.

I use a lawyer for my first application. I paid close to 10,000 dollars. Guess what ? That application was refused ! I wish I can show you all the job the lawyer did. Even a 5 year child will do a better job. In my refusal letter, the IRCC wrote some things that suggest the lawyer did a bad job.... There are numerous people that have experience the same with lawyers. This is why there is an ever growing community against the use of lawyers.

The problem I see with a lot of clients/applicants is that they have this notion that lawyers knows everything about immigration. They believe that just because they have a degree in law means they are smart and have monopoly of knowledge about immigration. .... You can compare them to someone who have first hand experience. Am refering to those who did their application themselves. Those kind of people have way more knowledge than lawyers.

Once very common bad thing about lawyers is that when they make mistakes on your application and it get refused, they have a deceptive way on putting the blame on their clients or gaslight them. You will NEVER see a lawyer that admit to their mistake when they mess up your application.

I ended up doing my application by myself with the advice from immigration gurus / experts ( aka people with hands on experience that did their application themselves and got approved ). These were the people that advice me and guide me in how best to prepare my second application. All of their advice worked and my application was approved within 7month ......

I do hope more people will have the courage to do their application themselves and stop wasting their hard earned money on this lawyers.

Once again, congrats to you. Welcome to the club !
Thanks a lot dear.

Reactions: bella12

PrincessG

Nov 13, 2022
I have a question and I need help, have run out of status and I have been given voluntary departure letter , I came in as a student applied for work permit was refused now am ask to leave within 30days because am out of status what should I do

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question and I need help, have run out of status and I have been given voluntary departure letter , I came in as a student applied for work permit was refused now am ask to leave within 30days because am out of status what should I do
Can you give us more information about your situation?

How long have you been in Canada? Why was the work permit refused? (I'm assuming it was a PGWP that you applied for.)